Flippening/Adoption

Starbucks CEO says he believes crypto is the future, but not Bitcoin. time.com/money/5121644/starbucks-chairman-bitcoin/

What does this mean for you? It means that mainstream adoption, which is more or less defined by the Starbucks app, will never happen for BTC. ETH will never be in the Starbucks app either because Ether tokens are literally not supposed to be used in that way. Don't get me wrong, Ethereum will be huge but Ether isn't a currency and was never supposed to be. What WILL happen is that BCH and LTC will be added to the Starbucks app and this will trigger a flippening.

inb4
>deluded cashie doesn't realize that all exchanges would have to simultaneously agree to start calling BCH Bitcoin
YOU should realize BCH getting added to the Starbucks app over BTC will trigger every Bitcoin Cash meme ever mentioned:
>Normies pumping BCH because of the Bitcoin brand
>Miners switching over
>Temporary chain-death and other problems associated with hashrate exodus
And that these things would lead to a flippening in every metric besides name, with the renaming on exchanges happening a long time after in order to better reflect the new reality.

Take this as a warning. I'm all in BTC right now hoping ride the next bull run to 25k. Perhaps BTC will continue on to 50k in one more massive bull run, but if 2018 is the year of crypto (which it is) then its the year normies pump altcoins and abandon Bitcoin.

inb4
>people have been saying this since 2013 but Bitcoin has always remained king
Realize that we are in a unique era and the rules of the past no longer apply.

Other urls found in this thread:

coindesk.com/bitcoins-lightning-network-problem-people-already-using/
marketwatch.com/story/a-trusted-digital-currency-is-coming-but-its-not-bitcoin-says-starbucks-howard-schultz-2018-01-26
youtu.be/XDWSs2JLd00
discord
twitter.com/AnonBabble

request.network

hell ya brother

Won't take much to kill your argument.. One phrase really.. Lightning Network..

I also like the working Bitcoin better than its outdated brother, but let's be real. No business and particularly a fast-paced business such as Starbucks or fast food, is going to use any crypto that needs more than a couple minutes to confirm a transaction. These businesses demand payment systems that can keep up with them, and for now that still means Visa and Mastercard. Whichever crypto to get adopted first that can easily do instant transactions with low fees and thousands of transactions per second is going to be the standard.

who the fuck wants to use their bitcoins to buy coffee? It's like using gold coins to buy coffee. The use of Bitcoin has changed wiith time. If you want to buy coffee use ripple.

LN has been deployed and its not stable at all. Blockstream has pushed it out the door before its ready as a last ditch effort to get their business model to play out which is to sell sidechain solutions. Whats worse is now that LN is literally on mainnet despite being ready, all development will occur on mainnet. Devs can't even keep from losing money on testnet and there are already people losing money on this LN deployment. Anyone putting money into LN is fucking insane.

coindesk.com/bitcoins-lightning-network-problem-people-already-using/

Read more than the misleading title and you'll discover just how bad things really are. CEO of Lightning is telling people not to use it ffs. But now that its been deployed, this is the best you can hope for. Continued loss of real crypto and absolutely no recourse or accountability.

>blockstream's face when everyone loses their money

They already snubbed bitcoin and Litecoin is to high fees plus lightning is to difficult and pain in the ass for any business to implement.

marketwatch.com/story/a-trusted-digital-currency-is-coming-but-its-not-bitcoin-says-starbucks-howard-schultz-2018-01-26

>What does this mean for you?

It means that they will use superior altcoins like lumen or ripple

>this post

I used to doubt corecucks but maybe BTCs purpose will be a digital gold'esque cryptocurrency.

Honestly Id rather have an altcoin function as a currency with low tx fees. Its more logical than using a Lightning Network.

>BTC -> Altcoin. Use Altcoin at every place that accepts crypto
vs
>Btc -> Lightning Network #1. Use LN BTC at a handful of connected payment processors that work with a handful of online stores

Bitcoin will always be the God of crypto regardless of muh adoption. Bitcoins use from now on is going to be more and more of a store of value than a currency. Regardless of LN or segwit or whatever the fuck. A store of value is needed in this market and the ones that is recognized as that is Bitcoin. It makes sense.

Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin

Exactly, thats why we should reduce the btc blocksize to increase fees and its store of value properties

>>The baby gave birth to its own mother

ahhahaah i wonder how many corekeks this triggers. the assblast alone makes it worth it

"Bitcoin’s usefulness as a store of value comes as a secondary effect from its usefulness as a medium of exchange. If you destroy the medium of exchange, you destroy the store of value."

ah you mean that centralized garbage that isnt on the mainchain and nobody knows where the fuck the coins come from?
great shit

>>corekeks

I guess gold is a useless store of value since its medium of exchange effect is diminished

Finally somebody with some sense on Veeky Forums. A store of value is needed as much as we need a true currency, and obviously BTC is the best candidate for store-of-value (strongest blockchain, first mover, etc.)

I swear to God some of these excuses and arguments are so got damn weak for bitcoin cash. Xrp is a better medium of exchange than Bcash why dont we just use that. Shit isn't Litecoin much better than Bcash for exchange?

Exactly the harder it is to sell btc the more the value will store. We need to reduce the blocksize

Agreed, someone get Blockstream on the line. We've made a breakthrough.

I think the reason people have a hard time understanding this is because they have dogmatic point of view when it comes to crypto. This dogmatic crap comes from looking at satoshis white paper as some bible. This perspective ultimately came from Roger Vers dumb ass. Bcash can't even compete with xrp or Litecoin so it already has a diminoshed use as a currency. Bcash also cannot compete with Bitcoin as a store of value coin due to the network effect. So what the fuck is the point of Bcash? Bcash might aswell be Dogecoin because the only relevence it has is because ver took the bitcoin name.

nah its been deployed live see Deployment of LN is going to destroy Core faster than kicking the can down the road another couple years.

So true, the network affect means btc is invincible! you could even change the imutability of the ledger by segregating the witness signatures from the blocks and then make on chain transactions impossible by capping the blocksize introducing a replace by fee mechanism increasing price making in chain transactions impossibly expensive forcing everyone to use a routing network that would be operated by traditional financial institutions. But the network affect would still make bitcoin no.1

Only BCH is capable of all "eight cryptocurrency businesses: exchange platforms; hedge fund management; financing; mining; ICO and exchange platform rating information services; a derivatives market; remittance services; and transaction/payments services." ... at the same time. How do you want to do ICO's on BTC? without coloured coins?? all these things are coming to BCH.

If you dont believe me or dont get it, I dont have time to convince you, sorry
-Satoshi Nakamoto

youtu.be/XDWSs2JLd00

You honestly think people give a fuck about any of the jargon you typed? Stop being so idealistic.

I do and looking at dominance figures, so does the market. Go fuck yourself kike.

The other article literally mentions OMG. There is no reason for them to use anything else.
OMG = pay with any fiat or crypto

gr8 b80 m80!

BTC users are in a cult. There's no way to talk them out of it.

The conversation goes the same every time.
>Me: lightning is shit
>bcash shill!
>no, it won't work because x,y, z
>b-but the routing works!
>doesn't matter
>Well just use an on chain transaction then, no one is forcing you to use it

The irony is completely lost on them

I know im just trying to catch bcashies. I mean who even believes value is dependent property everything is a social construct right? nothing bad can happen to bitcoin because it has the bitcoin name

lol why are you mad? Market Dominance is another silly metric. Sooner or later the coins with ridiculous supply will surpass Bitcoin and Bcash. I can see Ethereum surpassing Bitcoin followed by ripple in one year. This does not mean Bitcoin is less valuable.

>what are you some poorfag? You can't pay 100s or 1000s of dollars to make settlements?
>what do you mean week long lead times are prohibitive for daily transactions, why do you need to be that liquid?
>lol its a store of value, not peer to peer electronic cash, retard

>branding is superior to technology!

Kys, faggot.

this

I know sarcasm doesn't translate well over text, but it was pretty obvious dude, cmon.

We're talking about crypto. Take your XRP shittokens somewhere else.

Ever increasing block sizes is never going to be a solution.

Mainnet is almost ready

Exactly, literally nothing bad can happen to bitcoin

lmao

LN is already deployed on mainnet. see

are you fucking retarded, why would starbucks add the only coin that has a brand hated by at least 50% of the community. They could just use ETH? LTC? XRP.... XRP is FASTER AND CHEAPER THAN BCH. In terms of technological advancement it is a dinosaur.

BTC has faced nothing but shit for the past 9 years.

Accuracy matters.
XRP is a premined centralized shitcoin. It IS crypto as balances are secured by cryptography.
Proof of work consensus is not what determines if something "a crypto"

Literally uses 3rd party "trusted validators". The entire point of crypto is to do away with this.

nobody uses segwit
nobody will use ln
plus channel opening seems annoying
xlm or xrb (assuming it scales), or even iota for payment.
not btc or any clone, or eth

the majority of people that hate BTC are people that got in to the game late

BTC has never fucked up, 100% track record. its totally reliable

can't say that for many coins

Yes. Luckily we have core to take the wheel. We should reduce the blocksize though to further decentralise, that way jihan wu can never centralise my bitcoins

I'm not arguing in favor of LN, read the post I linked.

the entire point of a "decentralized" cryptocurrency.
Centralized cryptos do exist.

Bch is trash, usdt is better.

>No transfer fees
>Static price
Tether is way better than any of these spinoff faggot bch style coins

Buying the dip bro

sry kind of used to ppl shilling LN as the saviour

If BTC isn't good enough for them, I can guarantee that BCH isn't either. I know that you're just shilling Bitcoin Trash but for others reading this thread, Starbucks or any other merchant that deals in large scale microtransactions isn't going to use anything that has noticeable fees or takes longer than 5 seconds to confirm.

Pls,,sir use XRB

I have family to feed sir

It's literally XLM or XRB

Thanks, already in XLM though. So comfortable not having to worry about trading shit coins and vaporware. All 93K on Ledger waiting for when it overtakes. Will see you guys in Summer.

Don't count on getting rich off of stellars any time soon. Jeb has already said that they're going to release more supply if the price goes parabolic.

*Jed*

I have no idea why it corrected to Jeb.

this. starbucks ceo isn't dumb enough to invest in bch. anyone with half a brain is bullish on xlm and xrb right now.

I looked into the whitepaper for this coin but it just seemed really creepy... creepy and wierd. I don't think the public will want to adopt tech that was obviously made by creepy virgins in their basement.

This PnD group is growing so fast, it's unreal,,,,

discord dot gg/pbN4G73

Posts can mention LTC and you fuckers still won't talk about it. The only reason Starbucks turned them down we're high fees which LTC just cut down on again by a factor of 10. It's got name recognition, wide use with a solid amount of businesses accepting it, and support from every big exchange. Normies are gonna flock to it. I can't think of any downsides

Connect the dots time;
-Who’s board does Starbucks VP of Payment sit on?
-Who’s headquarters is right down the street from Starbucks HQ?
-Who has an incubator and ICO platform to help Starbucks release their own coin?

Bcash microtransactions are under a penny way cheaper then litecoin plus no lightning network

kys phoneposter

This is bitcoin cash, the original bitcoin! (Bitcoin core is actually a fork) Say something nice about her!

Starbucks in Korea now accepts QTUM. Maybe they'll accept that in other places next.

We will be the ones to make it

Works as intended.