Why is Bitcoin still shitting the bed?

>outdated
>transaction fees
>no scalability

It had all these exact same issues in 2017 when it mooned to $17000 so that's not the reason. People don't buy Bitcoin for its usability anyway they buy it for the brand.
I think it has little if anything to do with South Korea or India either, maybe if it was a 10% dip that you could argue that. The worst part is that it's showing absolutely no signs of recovery. Coins like NEO or ETH will still grow but shitcoin moon missions will be a thing of the past unless bitcoin sorts itself out.

It could use a little good news. A working Lightning Network could bring optimism back.

It's a bad coin with few uses.

If people cared about its lack of uses it never would've reached $17000 in the first place

People don’t want to replace fiat currency... except for the handful of delusional libertarians that supported BTC from 2010 until 2016 or so. Normies and Wall Street don’t give a fuck about muh central banks. Also being deflationary is retarded. Only projects with actual uses will flourish now.

ppl didnt know about shitcoins yet

>Only projects with actual uses will flourish now.
So crypto is essentially dead?

A better question is what happened to the digibyte shills?

I haven't seen any digimarine shitposting in a long time.

didn't happen overnight it's shitting the bed due to months of bloat, slow transaction times and fee shock which has sent waves of newfags to ethereum, bitcoin's brand is badly damaged

No blockchain scales well. See cryptokitties for reference. Go ahead and use shitcoins to chase moon missions, this is Veeky Forums and we're here to shill bags and sometimes make money. Most people here are not crypto enthusiasts and theres nothing wrong with that.

Bitcoin is the only truly decentralized crypto from inception, and will never be replicated. Decentralization is more important than rushing some shitty update to save $5 on a tx. There's a reason why updates move slowly
and take a lot of consensus to implement. ETh is nothing without vitalik, like charlie lee to LTC, or the single pajeet and his botnet shilling BZC. Kill them off and their cryptos dead. You can't name a single entity that you could say that about bitcoin. Blockstream? China? Nuke them, bitcoin will survive.There's zero reason to shill bitcoin on Veeky Forums, but none of you faggots seem to understand it

When so many people jumped ship that made it so Bitcoin would not be able to recover in the advent that it falls on hard times.

Because retards still believe in the muh long transactions and muh high fees meme.

making money was one of its uses

The big block size is killing bitcoin. We need to switch to 1 kilobyte blocks ASAP to stop centralization

If people won't buy it nobody is going to make any money

I think its a good thing it's hung around this level for a while. It proves it's worth. When it was 16,500 I said "I can't believe people are buying it at this price" but now that's it has stayed around $10-$12k for a while the value seems to be there. I don't think people will question $16k next time we get there, probably in a couple of weeks.

Bitcoin's transaction fees are almost non-existent now...

Can we stop with the fuck transaction fees meme? It's honestly not true any more, at all. It's just misinformation at this point.

Do you idiots seriously not realize that BTC is set to rise again after Chinese New Year, in 2 and a half weeks? It's not a meme. This is common knowledge at this point.

Now youre getting it

that may be true now but for a wave of newfag investors these last months bitcoin proved itself to be a total piece of shit it's why nobody is buying bitcoin now and why eth has risen

a retard is someone with a product that is not selling who blames muh customers

Because now there's a hidden coin planned to take it's place and the bigger players know the new, thus they're slowly selling off to get ready for the BTC replacement.

>It had all these exact same issues in 2017 when it mooned to $17000
The difference is altcoins have reached the mainstream now.