Tell the truth

Is the blockchain actually useful or is it a buzzword?

Buzzword

instead of using it, how about if i said "a way of storing information that is very hard to alter, once it has been recorded"

blockchain may be useful for things like cloud storage and contacts, but for currency it's just a buzzword

It is usefull.

Nah, it's all crap we geeks and neets made up so normies flood in with their money after we've invested.
Gonna ride this bubble to the peak and then sell every useless magic internet monopoly coin.

I'm not sure what you mean. In order to record to the movements of a currency, that no one has total control over, and in a manner that everyone can trust, the recording process must be made as hard as possible to alter. It is not a "buzzword" when used in reference to cryptocurrencies. In a necessary part of it. However, it's certainly not the only way to make a record which is hard to alter.

PoWH has shown me the light, smart contracts are the future, MetaMask is awesome.

*It's a necessary part of it

Its like writing human history into electrical patterns specific to a math algorithm.

You tell me.

the bitcoin blockchain has a use
all these companies saying they're developing one of their own are just trying to stay current and likeable to normalfags who don't know what it means

Public and immutable without a central operator, too. Yeah, probably just a fad, guys!

Look at POWH. like actually understand the smart contract. it solves the problem of first investors dumping on newer ones. It's the best real world use for smart contracts and the blockchain i've seen yet.

>Its like writing human history into electrical patterns specific to a math algorithm.

Was this supposed to make any sense or were you just randomly putting words together?

So what? Why would anyone actually need this?

What they're trying to get at is the compiling of transaction information into blocks.

So the winners don't write history. It is just there. An immortal and uncorruptable primary source.

block chain is literally the future of our technology

skynet will be built on blockchain in 2050. seriously. mark my words

If you don't find value in that concept, fair enough. But that's kinda what crypto is based around, or at least one of it's core tenets.

Read these posts very carefully.

Blockchain is not a buzzword yet, but in the distant future it will be just as much of a buzzword as "technology" is. I mean that blockchain is probably going to fundamentally transform our entire world order and become the new de facto backbone of our decentralized AI government.

Central operator down -> service completely unusable.
Distributed systems don't care if a few nodes die. Network speed and security might suffer a little bit.

Central operator. You have to trust this entity with your money and data. (Google, Facebook, central banks, governments. yeah right trust them. LMAO).
Crypto gets rid of the middlemen.
Why trust a corrupt entity if you can trust secure algorithms? Smart contracts. DYOR.

You actually OWN the coins. No bank/government to freeze your account.

In PoW coins miners have to actually invest large amounts of energy to "print" more currency. They can't just let the printing press run up and inflate to economy with unlimited amounts of fiat.

The list is much longer.

Hmm so like when everyone understands code logic you could have the government logic laid out in block chain with less backdoor shit right?

I think you might find a more intuitive (and relevant) analogy in the way that law functions today. Right now, "government logic", as you put it, is laid out in law. So is a lot of "corporate logic". Most people do not actually understand the law - that is what lawyers are for.

But imagine if we could reduce the (rather expensive) middle-man here and just have things function without the need for law, lawyers, trust, and a whole heap of uncertainties like that.

Enter blockchain. Right now, even in its admittedly rather primitive state, blockchain has demonstrated its viability for enabling financial transactions and executing agreements between parties - big parts of the law right now!

It is my view that eventually, we will see a world with greater demand for these trustless decentralized mechanisms. Programmers will probably replace lawyers, and their programs will replace a lot of legal work.

As someone in law, I can tell you that this is a really, really, really good thing. Lawyers are complete leeches that only exist because people cannot trust each other. Blockchain reduces the need for trust, and I know the future is going to show us what blockchain can do.

Are you retarded? Without the blockchain, digital currency can't be trustless

tracking digital data and turning them into ownable assets is pretty valuable to me