And has it ever happened before?

Other urls found in this thread:

thebillioncoin.info/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>being this retarded

>getting paid to get coin

Nice

topkek

Yes, you have to pay the exchange to sell it.

yes :(

> So if buy that coin I make money without selling

You're a genius user

Not unless you would want to pay to get rid of it.

Buy Negative coin

But why would anyone want to do that? Could it happen to bitcoin if the fees get too high?

No of course not.

for the sake of humanity, please be larp

It can happen if you own a ledger nano s. I put my bitcoins in it and accidentally locked the price of them at a negative value instead of positive. I can't use my ledger anymore until I pay to unlock my BTC.

Which does not even exist. Checking the top coins, Tron is only 6 cents. Which means it's still a positive value but not by much. I could see it going negative soon if the market tanks. Why is it considered a top coin if it's only 6 cents?

imagine being this retarded...

I plugged my ledger nano the wrong way and it did that, I had to pay 3k to get my 3 Ethereum out of it

10/10 larp OP

maybe those reporters are right when they say 13 year olds playing crypto on 4chen

Can it. Don't act like you were born a crypto genius. You didn't know how all of this worked on your first day in the crypto market. I'll guarantee it.

Ok so I can see from the responses and some of the sarcastic trolls that a coin can't go negative. But then why would some coins be so cheap? If bitcoin is at 11000 then it has a ton of room to go down. However all those cheap coins under a dollar can barely go down, so wouldn't they be much better off? If they could go negative, then even the cheap coins would have a lot of room to go down, but since 0 is the bottom, isn't it always better to get cheap coins under a dollar, or even under 10 cents?

The only reason for ANYTHING to have a negative value is if having it in your possession is undesirable to the majority of the market.
Use the potato that's inside your head for once.

sure, not everything, but i knew the answer to THIS at the very least. just think it through for a couple of m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶s̶ months and you'll get it.

Yes, but it still seems like in some rare cases coins with bad news might hit negative for a brief period. For example, after Mount Gox crashed or that coin recently which turned out to be a scam.

I wonder too. If i buy a coin at a dollar and it gains 100% but thrn drops 150%? Its pronably how people get locked out of their accounts tho maybe they just ban hou.

No, that doesn't make sense.
Because not getting rid of it doesn't cost you anything.
So keeping it is a zero cost to you, and the value is at worst zero.

I think youre forgetting when people sell at the zero cost, tho. Someome has to still hold the bags.

>this just in! AIDScoin airdrop to all ethereum holders!
>AIDScoin is a brand new token that gives it holders regular AIDS dividends!

>...predicted to have negative value but shock high demand from niche group within gay community. More news as the story unfolds!

op stop posting, there are people with such severe autism who will take you seriously

Ok I kind of get it. But what happens when people rush to sell a coin with really bad news? So it goes down to 2 cents then 1 cent. Then people are still in a desperate rush to sell and no one is buying so they are forced to lower their sell order to 0 cents. Then from there the buyers have to start going negative, since the buy order must be lower than the sell order. And in a case like that it seems a coin could hit negative during a frenzy of bad news.

Lol this bait is weak mate, at least the can't cash out and nano memes were ok
Kys pajeet

>Can it.
boomer white knight detected

It's possible in crypto but unlikely. What you described happened with TWA stock back in the 90s

Why would you sell for 0 cents? What would be the point?

What the fuck are you talking about, why would people be in a rush to literally give their coins away, let alone pay people to take their coins (which is what a negative price is)?

there are coins that people would pay greatly to be rid of...

how would you buy something with negative value? someone would have to pay you to take it, that's not buying

>coin value goes negative
>buy 100k million coins
>finally make it
thanks Veeky Forums

Well partly because the bots would always be programmed to lower the price by 1 cent when no one is buying right? So once the price hit 1 cent and no one seemed to be buying, wouldn't the bots eventually lower it to 0 cents? And from there it could go negative. Plus in the case of really bad news, wouldn't many people be in such a panic that they would just desperately sell at any price, so they would just market sell at 0 or even negative.

Buy low, sell high.
Become a millionaire.

Well you would be buying their negative. In other words you would get their coins and they would pay you for it. But it seems unlikely except in the case of bad news.

The maths works out.

Say -$1.

You 1 trillion worth, essentially you get 1 trillion coins AND $1 Trillion. (Negative).

When it moons to $1 you sell it for a buck a piece and get another trillion

You will be the world's first multi-trillionaire.

There is no realistic scenario in which that would happen.

Did you not read what I posted above about bots lowering the price to 0 cents if no one would buy at 1 cent?

>panic that they would just desperately sell at any price
Again what news would make someone sell a coin for nothing, just give it away?

Unless holding a coin costed you money to maintain its possession (no coin does this), or could give you a virus (again, no coin does this) why would anyone be "desperate" to give anything away. The ONLY thing I can realistic think of is a government making it illegal/a punishable offence to own a crypto coin

Crypto is just like any asset/possession, which is why everyone is calling you a retard for not figuring this out yourself. But I’ll help by giving you a real world example:
Imagine you had a gold coin, what bad news would have to come out for you to be desperate to just give it away? Then what news would have to come out to make you desperate enough to pay someone to take your gold? Apply your answer to crypto, because it works exactly the same

this thrad makes me sleepy, gnite biz

9/10 LARP
Well done OP

Yeah it's possible user, to be safe you should always invest in good investments that are designed to always go up like tbc. It's programmed to go up in value so you can't lose really.
thebillioncoin.info/

imagine being this retarded

I know this is from the movie A Serious Man, but I always wondered in that picture,
how the hell did he get all the way up there?

WHY THE FUCK WOULD SOMEONE BOTHER TRYING TO "SELL" SOMETHING FOR 0 CENTS???????? What the fuck would be the purpose of that? Are their coins on fire and they're hurting the owner? What

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH THE CURRENT STATE OF BIZ

I cant handle this thread

well its useless to buy all the coins under dollar because there are infinte ways the price could go, it could go to $1m or it could go -$1m

burger giving le burger le burger

Please for the love of god get off this board now.

Yes, Bitconnect went negative and if you want to get rid of that you have to pay