newsroom.mastercard.com/2016/11/18/mastercard-blockchain-api/
smartcontract.com/
youtu.be/1r44z0vd7n8?t=646
youtube.com/watch?v=gM6hYohTUnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BTFO

Thonk

I

Where do you get the from that they are using ChainLink? They could set up their own Oracles...
t. 20k Linkholder

I don't get your point?

is there a corresponding link meme for his arrest photo?

I unironically market dumped my stack of LINK yesterday and put it all into Mobius. I'm sorry but the lack of updates, developments, communication and quite frankly the tasteless overshilling of LINK around these parts has ruined my enthusiasm for it. I don't really think Sergey has his heart in Chainlink anymore. Something changed along the way, I can feel his enthusiasm for it waning similarly to how he just up and left NXT like a thief in the night. He probably had a great time raising millions of dollars with the ICO and being a famous celebrity on biz, and I'm happy for him, I really am, but he lost his hunger for success along the way and it got replaced by hunger for Big Macs. The Bitcoin superconference will likely be a total shitshow. I've no doubt the price will dump within minutes of Sergey staggering off stage after another boring regurgitated speech where he doesn't even mention Chainlink. I really enjoyed holding LINK, it was a pretty cool bag to carry for a while, but Mobius is definitely the new wave of oracle tech and has all the momentum now. I can't let it pass me by.

This kills the stinky?

nice just bought $100,000

Yes that's the point, crypto is dead.

Wow. LINK is unironically BTFO.

>ctrl+f
>'chainlink'
>0 results
Gtfo lol you're deluded as fuck if you really think fucking MasterCard won't build their own blockchain from scratch without asking for help to some Slav scammer
Saged and reported

Using Vechain

Dont be afraid. Sergey Constantine is on the job

Of course they build their own blockchain, different question is that are they going to use chainlink as oracle

Old news
newsroom.mastercard.com/2016/11/18/mastercard-blockchain-api/

LMAO OF COURSE NOT
Decentralized oracles are a meme, if the blockchain is closed source and secure you don't need the oracles to be decentralized
This asshole came up with that idea thinking Ethereum or any of these shitty blockchain would get mass adoption some day lmao fucking scammer

wow you are genius

god this pasta is already so fucking stale. jesus fuck come up with something else

I find LINK weird technically. The way they provide data to the Blockchain is by accepting calls on a centralized API. So data requests to the Blockchain have to originate off-chain. Its solution is poor compared to what MOBI is planning for their initial implementation IMO. LINK implementation has a lot to be desired in my opinion. I agree with the people who say they're trying to do too much.

To expand on what I said, my personal issue with LINK is their API:
smartcontract.com/

To buy data and create an Ethereum contract to use it, you need to go a centralized API. In practice, this means that even though the data retrieval is decentralized, the management of that data is completely centralized.

Mobius will be completely different. To request the data, it can originate from on-chain or off-chain. The API for requesting the data is also each individual node, which then propagates that request across the network. So even though Mobius will have a centralized FE which makes it easy for people to use it, it means that the requesting of the data and the management of it all, is completely decentralized.

Also keep in mind that the retrieval of data into Ethereum is just one aspect of Mobius, the aspect included in the initial implementation. There's also BTC/Hyperledger and what MOBI can do there, The BTC/Hyperledger functionality will be completely different to that, and creates a whole new aspect not yet seen in any other Oracle projects at all.

They made them easy not too long ago, it was called...

BITCONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECT

Didn't you red the whole article?

"Mastercard Blockchain APIs

Smart Contracts API

Write custom scripts using Mastercard’s Smart Contract language for use in your custom blockchain applications.
Documentation coming soon"

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR REVOLUTION

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Your post makes no sense. You are trying hard to sound smart and fail to explain either of these projects.

Id go all in on kys coin if I where you, Indian
this is all you need to know about mobius, and they don't even understand their own market.
youtu.be/1r44z0vd7n8?t=646

We hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl in our nodes the whole day through
To hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl is what we really like to do
It's the easiest trick to get rich quick
If you hodl hodl hodl with iron hands and don't quit
In a node! In a node! In a node! In a node!
Where a million linkies glow!
We hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl from early morn till night
We hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl hodl every linkie in sight
We accumulate tokens by the score
A thousand linkies, sometimes more
And we do know what we stake'em for
We hodl hodl hodl a-hodl hodl
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
In a Lambo home from work we go

Blockchain that isn’t decentralized is just a fancy word for a mySQL database. There is no point for centralized blockchains to exist, they are slow and ineffective. Same with centralized oracles.

>Write custom scripts using Mastercard’s Smart Contract language for use in your custom blockchain applications.
Documentation coming soon
guess they are writing their own

youtube.com/watch?v=gM6hYohTUnQ

It's their own blockchain

Wow!!! Fuck you dude. You just switched link and mobius around from someone else's post. This is why biz is toxic. I wouldn't even have known this, if I hadn't read that in the first place.

Why is Chainlink being targeted with this news? This will likely have an impact on all of crypto.

Because OP saw API and remembered seeing it in a LINK thread.

People are so fucking stupid I don't get it but at least it makes it easier to get rich. Mobius is THE train to be on and it's so fucking cheap.

All these morons getting sucked into buying scams every time they pump. You can rest assured that Aeternity and Chainlink will not be around five years from now. Just don't even worry. Fomo'ing will only waste your money.

Mobius is the real deal. No one is shilling it to you because it wasn't pre-mined so there there aren't special interests creating the kind of hype that sucks in lots of morons to shill their $100 bags.

Buy some Bitcoin, it's the original and still going strong and in the lead. There are still massive gains to be made if it maintains it's dominance. But if you still feel like you missed the train that will deliver untold gains, Mobius is it.

When people talk about Chainlink they sometimes call it Ethereum 2.0. these people are being retarded since Chainlink style smart contract oracles can be built as a second layer on Bitcoin and every other coin with Mobius. The Chainlink technology will not be useful never and the current token will be worthless, there is no reason to buy it besides throwing your money away, validating some Veeky Forumstards, and enriching an fatty Sergey.

In fact Mobius is truly Ethereum 2.0. Mobius takes the ideals of Bitcoin, a permission-less electronic money and brings that ideal to reality. Bitcoin proved the concept of a PoW blockchain but without fungibility it cannot be money. Mobius team also has the years of Bitcoin experience to draw on for improvements.

I have a PhD in crypto economics and mathematics. Crypto incentives in Chainlink are a legitimate concern. I saw Ari Juels speak at a conference recently where he mentioned tokens and asked him about the token economics of a node staking system like the Chainlink network is planning to use. The problem is that node operator incentives are fuzzy at best and not even figured out fully by the team (see the gitter for Steve stuttering about this). When I brought it up to Ari Juels, I told him that in the way the network is expected to be used, the fees payable to node operators would actually decline as requests become more ubiquitous because as the network grows it becomes cheaper to use. This makes sense if you took a few advanced cryptoeconomics courses. Ari admitted that it was a great question but that they were "actively pursuing research in that area." I sold my LINK immediately after that and saw a significant dump on the binance charts. It's pretty clear these guys are pulling you along making you think they're doing something revolutionary when the incentives aren't even fully determined yet.

Copy pasta

dear stinky linkies

Please stop standing the duck out of your coin on Veeky Forums day in day out it’s none stop threads about this coin when there is no news. We all want decentralised oracles to take off and to profit it off it, so can you idiots shut up so I can keep accumulating

Sincerely
Aeternity holder

This is the whole point I've been trying to argue for our entire current crypto market.

You guys can't honestly think that the private sector isn't lurking in the shadows just waiting to entirely gobble up this tech and platform and implement it on their own dime and profit??

Other than a few public ran consensus chains/ledgers what the fuck are any of these coins/tokens actually good for? It fucking sucks, but its true.

The only true commodity is the 20 or so people on the earth who have the acute programming skills to set up these networks and nodes. Private sector banks in europe are already utilizing a well performing private ledger chain, yet you have fucktards thinking oh man my XRP will be worth $500/eoy because b-b-b-banks will use the tokns to transfer money instantly!!!!

Go look at hashgraph, its a patented consensus method that is literally 1000x faster and more effecient than eth or even xlm. Entirely privately owned, and guess what? No fucking coin or token, BECAUSE ITS NOT NEEDED.

Crypto isn't fairytale per say, but this entire market will be soon.

>per say

>PhD is crypto economics

>gorilla warfare

Here is the easiest way to put it...

You have an apparent 500-900bn market of cryptrocurencies.... 99% are ALL open source....

So you fucking guys are going to tell me the jews and bank-kikes won't totally steal this OPEN SOURCE extremely useful tech and rebrand it, still have us power the networks, and then make all the profit they desire.

The singular reason you see jews/big money in the current market is because its the gold rush wild west and they can now do giant never before soon pump and dumps in crypto markets instead of having to play different sectors for chump change in the stock market.

0p WUD DU?

looking at hashgraph
seems like interesting work
but the whole crypto thing was never about private networks.
it's easy to be efficient
it's hard to be efficient, censorship resistant and transparent.

> taking a picture of your (inferior and overrated) Rolex with your iPhone (inferior and overrated) in an OK-tier car with the reflection of some thot who only likes you for your monopoly tokens.

this

security and efficiency in PRIVATE networks are easy. Look at the interbanking system and Visa/Mastercard all of that shit is very "efficient" (well as far as an antique system based around Oracle can be) but it is all very secretive, lacks transparency etc...

security and efficiency in OPEN networks... that's a different story.

Yeah but what's even the point of them creating centralized networks?
They already have those, they're spending loads of money and time to implement something that's not better than the current systems they have.
The entire point of blockchain is decentralization.

>IIII
Is this real?

Well going from skimming over the hashgraph thing; it is a "decentralized" centralized system.

Basically more or less the same as they already have.

Instead of each bank keeping a (Oracle usually) database and trying to mix and match with others they will create a single distributed database (oh woohoo such a big innovation, cryptos have been doing that since bitcoin and possibly even before for other purposes)

So they have discovered they can distribute databases. Such breakthrough...

> Oyster perpetual LOL, what's next? 5 tourbillons ?

Anyhow, you are right the whales are in the cryptos; they invest in all the major ones and will eventually dump the ones falling behind until there is only one left, then they'll reap the rewards by taking over (due to their combined assets)

Chainlink fud is intriguing, it throws in just enough horeshit jargon to make people doubt, in addition to just repackaging aspects of ChainLink to appear to be "unique" to its "competitor".

yeah easiest way to tell if these newer daydates are faked is look at the "A" in "day" on the day wheel.

As far as everything else goes, you still have a "decentralized" network but everyone recognizes the issues at hand with zero gatekeepers. What it will evolve to is a trusted benefactor who controls certain aspects but those controls are entirely throughput a consensus system in its self. Atleast for any future and widespread adaptation of crypto, there has to be big changes along those lines. Who better to be the quasi "center" than visa or mastercard or any large established corp, its 100% going to be what happens, and we wont see it listed on any of our shit exchanges.

None of this is really any true innovation more so just application, merkle trees have been applied to databases since the dawn of internet.

The consensus application of hasgraph is whats breakthrough, and I think youll just start seeing decentralized "centralized" systems LIKE or similar to (not saying these exact) XLM, xrp, start to become the leaders in mass public adaptation.

I see no connection between MC adding functions to their tech and Chainlink

Is the error of roman numerals a joke or something?
The current crypto cummunity wouldn't accept gatekeepers like on say Ripple, it's basically just fiat again, are you saying you think this p2p crypto vision will fail?

>look at comments
Looks like we're already to late...

It's not an error. I went to hospital and they put me on an IIII.

Banks are looking to replace their private networks mostly because they aren't efficient or secure. Blockchain is the future and securities payments done using HyperLedger and ChainLink will be the first implementation in Q2 this year.

You literally took another post and switched the words link and Mobius. Everyone knows Mobius uses centralized API and link does not. Nice try pajeet!

Just read some lore, apparently the Romans didn't use subtraction, it was added later. My life, a lie.

PRICED IN
R
I
C
E
D

I
N

I honestly doubt they will go for Jason Parser aka ChainLink...

I think they'd rather implement their own solution

Nah its not an error, incredibly common on any rolex roman numeral dial. No fucking clue why, the excuse is for symmetry.

Funnily enough this is a good thing for chainlink.

This is my understanding as well, but then what's the deal with IBM's blockchain? They run commercials for it for the last couple months, but all the stuff in the commercial they already did before their blockchain and probably faster and cheaper. Is it just a way for them to shoehorn buzzwords in to make viewers think they're a smart company that's ahead of the curve? or does centralized private blockchain really improve logistics tracking etc.

I haven't investigated this in-depth yet, but here's what it looks like to me:
Because of PSD2, the global banking industry will be forced to open up their internal APIs to third parties..
And what Mastercard seems to be doing, is trying to jump ahead of the curve by saying "look everyone, we're opening up our APIs because we believe in decentralization and blockchain so much!".

Again, I haven't examined this in-depth yet (I'm at work), so feel free to contradict me if I'm wrong.

Yeah except people made this exact fucking argument a year ago and a year before that. People said no one would use ethereum, what you braindead idiots don’t get is that blockchain technology isn’t that impressive, it’s the people using it that makes it valuable. The same way Apple can make their own version of Facebook but good luck getting as many users. God I hate nu/biz/

REEEEEE

The central line of the rolex logo isn't perfectly lined up!

The X seems to have a spec of dust

the 2 lines of the II don't look perfectly parallel

> the day you realize the value of such watches is in the oldschool as fuck Guilloché pattern

much like Hublot watches fall short because they can't be bother to align their screws... (like Rolls Royce does)

For such an expensive watch I would expect everything to be lined perfectly.

This one looks too somewhat modern to be a real Rolex but at least they lined up the logo properly.

are you baiting me? this is a real rolex watch you dumbfuck its called milgauss research it and kys

Nice, that's a nice looking milgauss, could be a rep but I doubt it.

i can assure you its a real one, a little worn but it was a steal

Again the logo isn't perfectly straight...

Why blow $$$$ when a Rado or IWC does it better?

>It's their own blockchain
You have no idea what Chainlink is or does.

Protip: Chainlink will work with ANY blockchain. This is a major part of the reason why it's such a beast.
Swift for instance has its own blockchain too: Hyperledger, which is what Chainlink worked with in the Sibos demo.

I keep seeing Chainlink being shilled on Veeky Forums

I can't possibly fathom a reason why I should bother getting some while it isn't listed on any major exchanges and is still veiled in obscurity, just like many shitcoins.

>I can't possibly fathom a reason why I should bother getting some while it isn't listed on any major exchanges and is still veiled in obscurity, just like many shitcoins.
You're supposed to buy them while they're still obscure, that's how you get rich.
Only good coins though, of course. So dyor.

So far all I got from my research is that it is a glorified Jason Parser that may or may not be used by SWIFT, based on some vague demo.

Then don't buy it.

Are... Are you retarded?
Where are you even researching?
Read the whitepaper you shit for brains.

And link is on Binance

Nevermind, you're fudding for fun you fucko

holy shit i just found out that ari juels is really dead what happened to him?

What logo? The crown or the actual Rolex stamp?

They get things wrong sometimes but I don't see anything too off with that watch, I've been wearing it as a contractor daily for 6-7 months now and its holding up really well.

who is this goddess? will she take Link to the moon?

dude stfu you clearly don't know what you're yappin about

>They could set up their own Oracles...

>I can't possibly fathom a reason why I should bother buying low
imagine being this dumb

Anyone on a fucking blockchain can use smart contracts. Just because they capitalize it doesn't mean it's SmartContract.com. It's completely retarded to assume it's LINK without someone explicitly mentioning it.

But he's completely right you mongoloid. And currently that's what most companies like MasterCard do. Sergey didn't magically create Oracles one day. He's just changing how they function.

Like holy crap I like ChainLink and I hope it succeeds but no wonder people make fun of LINK holders for being fucking retarded.

>But he's completely right you mongoloid.

lotta mobius shilils here today

>Rolex OP
>Should have bought Omega Seamaster 15,000 gauss

Posting special wojaks doesn't reinforce your point or disprove mine. Go read about how Oracles work.

You're an idiot. You go and read about how oracles work and what the oracle problem is.