Everything's about to bounce, did you buy the dip?

Everything's about to bounce, did you buy the dip?

Other urls found in this thread:

skywug.net/forum/Forum-Mining
skycoin.net/blog/statement/skycoin-distribution/
github.com/skycoin/skywire
skywug.net/forum/Thread-Configure-Skywire-Node-on-Ubuntu-Server
skywug.net/forum/Thread-Skywire-node-on-Windows
youtube.com/channel/UCv0-ibX-w_MOjqYuD0TNeAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

new exchanges when

p much all in broski. maxing and relaxing.

3k sky is the only way to fly.

Is there a DIY guide to building a Skyminer?

>7 mil circ
>100 mil total

hmmmm something seems off.....

they can't say, because they are about to get in on the big 3. If bittrex and binance are two the third is probably either bitfinex or bithumb (maybe polo, but i dont even know if they're still popular).

PLus i think next.exchange launches sometime this week or next week.

buy now, because when the news comes out it'll be too late ;) floor is .0021 for the next week or two because that's the skyminer rebate price. next batch the rebate goes down (in number of coins returned for your 1 btc).

just paid for mine :D :D :D :D :D

I don't think so, but you can see the components here
skywug.net/forum/Forum-Mining

skycoin.net/blog/statement/skycoin-distribution/
>Because of this growth-oriented approach, Skycoin doesn’t need a large upfront fund. A smaller initial distribution (1% instead of 30% or 90%) is better – it creates more room for later distributions.
>The Skycoin distribution plan consists of a 30% initial distribution, followed by an ongoing maximum distribution of 5% of the coins per year, spread out over at least 14 years. The distribution from 10% to 30% will be through node incentives, and will take at least five years based upon user base growth and the building of a physical network. Distribution beyond the initial 30% will be hard-coded into protocol and time-locked so that coin distribution stays below the 5% maximum.

I get it man, I didn't find this info when I first checked out skycoin, and it stopped me from investing at $2. That's a 10x I missed if you compare to now, and a 25x i missed if you compare to ATH.

we're about to go up again. maybe some dumping this week as people trade their sky for btc to get a miner, but we're already at that floor.

I have parts on the way to build a second miner (4 boards instead of 8 though), if no one else whips one up by the time my parts come I plan on making one. Ordered from china though so might not be until late february

so what can you do if you build the miner? do you mine coins?

not really "mine" them per se, but running a node in the network is incentivized with 4% of the total supply for the first 5 years of skywire (the network component of skycoin). the sooner you get a node running (you can run one on almost any hardware) the less competition there is for those coins, so the more of them you'll get. Skyminers have 8 boards so each one runs 8 nodes. for maximum 100 Watts of power consumption. That's the advantage of a "skyminer".

I've heard that only official miners will work during the testnet phase, but I have not verified.

wouldn't it need people around me to use it though? how would they know?

Can I "mine" skycoin with a normal computer, and is the swiss hesge fund guy correct about how much a proper skyminer earns a month ($15k/month)?

>incentivized
for the first 5 years, its like "mining" for "block reward". You get paid for existing.

after that you get paid by users. There will be a shitton of nodes by then, because of how fucking cheap it is to run one and how many skycoin people will be competing for.

So it starts out like proof of work where the proof of work is you proving that you forward packets to other skywire nodes. Even if nobody uses them, that's still more valuable than bitcoin's proof of work.

Once there is adoption, you are getting paid to provide a service. Adoption will happen LONG before the 5 years are up. Even TOR reached considerable utility long before that, and skywire is like TOR 2.0, on fucking steroids, methamphetamine and diazepam.

and do how you get rewarded skycoins or skyhours?

github.com/skycoin/skywire
skywug.net/forum/Thread-Configure-Skywire-Node-on-Ubuntu-Server
skywug.net/forum/Thread-Skywire-node-on-Windows

its pretty easy for a noob even, just follow the instructions meticulously. if you have any problems register and post in the threads, somebody will help out.

and probably, considering at current prices there will be over $80 million in skycoin per year distributed to the nodes.

youtube.com/channel/UCv0-ibX-w_MOjqYuD0TNeAA

why do these pajeets keep trying to make this coin look like a ponzi?

we're waiting for enough skyminers to ship so we can set up the testnet and figure out the rates. so i don't think anybody will know until later in february. Basically just run the software connected to the internet with a properly configured router/firewall. I think you need OpenWRT or at least OpenVPN but I don't know for sure.

>youtube.com/channel/UCv0-ibX-w_MOjqYuD0TNeAA
its a joke. because they are turboautists that have given 0 fucks about marketing for 6 years. This is how they view ALL forms of marketting. So it's a hyperbolic facetious-but-mostly-true parody. Personally I still bust up laughing at JJJ videos. Also they are fan made, by a 4channer, not official material.

is there any difference if I run it from windows instead of linux? or from desktop instead of custom miner?

We're not going to go up until that whale with 10k skycoins fucks off.

honestly I've been entertaining the possiblity that whale is there to stop people from hawking their skyminer rebate for crazy profits. back in december when OTC was open somebody bought the market up enough that I was able to sell a couple hundred sky and buy them back OTC for some pretty healthy (and instant) profit. Even just today, with the sell wall, made a couple percent selling off skycoin to get a whole btc(I don't hold core) to send for my miner.

A generous whale needs to buy it all off of him

would if I could, friend. If I leveraged every asset available to me I could maybe take it down 1/3rd, half if I said yes to the family members that previously asked me to invest for them. But I'm not comfortable doing either. I already bought up 10% of his stack.