Buying a Subway franchise

>figure everybody's gotta eat
>smart money
>still popular despite Jarrod being a pedo

it'll be my first business, zero business experience, zero management experience & skills

thoughts & comments Veeky Forums? am I gonna make it?

Other urls found in this thread:

unitedfranchisegroup.com/
businessinsider.com/subways-closes-stores-spirals-downwards-2017-12
yelp.com/biz/the-claypot-house-san-francisco
businessinsider.com/subway-franchisees-revolt-5-dollar-footlong-2017-12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wait, you can just buy your way to management? I thought you have to work your way up the compny

shit idea. you be the boss of a bunch of stoners and your entire life will revolve around sandwiches.

The absolute state of biz

isnt subway going to shit atm? iirc theyre closing a lot of shops

Subways make you like nothing. I know someone who thought about opening one, you need to open a bunch just to make like minimum wage.

OP if this is serious, i've managed multiple subways under multiple owners and know a lot about subway franchises. It is the absolute last fast food business I would ever recommend touching. Seriously it is fucked

Maybe give them a taste before you go all in

wtf but they make the dankest peanut butter cookies

Details?

cmon bro

don't be this guy Veeky Forums. don't be a wagie

I would honestly invest my money in dog boarding facility before investing in a subway franchise.

Are you familiar with the concept of a bottom bitch? Subway's bottom bitch is their sandwich, not their fucking cookies.

th sanwhich is dank too though
Id even say its my favorite preferred sandwich over anything

Did you know that an oreo is technically a sandwich? Does that change your answer?

OP here.

I heard owners personally profit 10k/week after taxes. True?

Protip: If you accept crypto, you'll be the make millions.

The 10k is in sandwiches. That's 10k sandwiches, and you can't use changely for that

Alright, don't buy a subway, it's a mistake. You want to make it? Buy a franchise of one of the brands under United Franchise Group, I'm in the process of getting one myself. Here's their website: unitedfranchisegroup.com/

Just send them an email asking for more info, they'll get you in touch with the master license holder and you'll be underway. Trust me, this company's the real deal.

Subway is shit user, either do a better franchise (iirc you need ~1mil AUD for a mcdonalds in straya idk about america) or open a bakery where you sell stupid shit like kinder donuts and skyrim sweetrolls to millenials. My gf's aunt owns a bakery and pulls 15k AUD a week. You probably won't get away with the same markups since US minimum wage is only like $9, but selling shit that you've made from basic ingredients like sugar, flour and spices is the best form of food business. The profit margins are crazy if you think about it, making one ll item at your bakery will most likely be way under a dollar even with all the employee wages and upkeep costs, and you can sell them for multiple dollars. Then you pay your commie taxes and it's still way better than wagieing since you're the one at the top not Mr. Shekelstein

Those all suck.

More details on the bakery. Is it a Vietnamese bakery? Is it in a big city, or suburban shopping centre?

Don't do it, I hear it's a horrible franchise to have.

1. In order for you to earn a living as an owner, you have to have at least 5 stores.

2. They don't let you lease your own location. Instead, THEY lease it and you have to sub-lease it from you.

#2 is used so that if you complain too much about them gouging you on royalties or food prices, they can LOCK YOU OUT OF YOUR OWN BUILDING as a negotiation tactic.

I may be wrong but I seem to recall a class action lawsuit against them by their franchisees

Hey op sorry I was shitting up your thread, in all honesty from where I stand as a poor wagecuck, owning your own subway would be really cool. Just hire a manager with experience managing restaurants, pay him a decent wage, and tell him not to hire minorities. You'll be like a god, and if you really do make 10k a week you can buy every subway in town and people will see you and say "That guy owns every goddamn subway in town." People on biz won't think its cool, but in my small town if that were me I would have more poon than I would know what to do with

#2 is also a major part of the movie The Founder, about the establishment and franchising of McDonald’s.

And one more thing....

... I've got about 30 years of restaurant experience under my belt in all levels from employee to director.

The reason celebrity restaurants fail is because the celeb thinks "i like to eat, I should buy a restaurant".

The restaurant business is ROUGH, and is not for the weak or inexperienced.

If you want to own a restaurant business, take the time to work at one for a while. Take the time to manage one for a while.

It's not easy money as everyone thinks. When you're dealing with penny profits it a very tough business to run right.

Lad, a fully promoted store owner can easily make $250k/year without too much difficulty in a smaller operation. A lot of these are business to business which is why you've never heard of most of them, I assure you, they're all quite good.

LMFAO

fuckin trumptards

MUH MURRICA

Haha my folks have an embroidme in Australia. UFG is the poorest run group of parasitic slime I've encountered. You seen the attempted rebrand to 'FULLYPROMOTED'? They are selling franchise's that don't have suppliers for branding services. They offer webservices and their site and pos doesn't work. Complete shit show - steer clear.

You're living in a dream world, unless you're talking about one of the big-name franchises that cost millions to get into.

Do you have any idea what kind of sales you need to generate a 250k profit per year?

Again, trust me... I did this for a living.

businessinsider.com/subways-closes-stores-spirals-downwards-2017-12

chortled

Says a lot about the place when the sales team is on Veeky Forums. Talk to any signarama or embroidme owner in Aus about UFG and see what they have to say.

if you live in michigan i'd unironically do this with you ive been debating on doing it for a year now

We all agree that Subway is a shit. What about Chick Fil A though? Been thinking about it for a while now

Alright, with a Fully Promoted an owner can expect to take 20-30% of gross as pay. Numerous stores are well above $1 million in sales per year, which means that 200-300k is entirely reasonable.

I live in a detroit suburb. Michigan is saturated.

There is also another problems.

Most companies (little caesars for example), have a paragraph in the franchise agreement which prevents the company from opening stores too close to your location. In this way, you're not competing with the company or other franchises.

Subway has a bad reputation with this.

So, for example, there is one on my corner. But then subway opened a shop 1/2 a mile down the road inside of a wal-mart.

They fuck with their own franchisees, and they have you by the balls so they don't care.

Chick Fil A is a license to print money, but they don't hand out franchises to anyone on Veeky Forums. Try Raising Cane's for a good alternative tho.

Its like a lotto
You need 10k and they pay for everything else.
You are required to work 40+ hours a week and can own a single location unless approved again.
Also you must push god and muh faith and operate the business on that.
You pay 15% of gross sales + 50% of profit
You will make 100-200k a year

i live in warren and youre right michigan is saturated with subway. i figured a small one person shop could be a decent earner though.

Uh I don't actually know, but their family is viet so it might be. I'll ask her when she gets home, but I'd say it's most likely in the suburbs. There are a lot of chink food businesses around here, like breadtop (bakery with kinda weird but simple looking sweet and savory rolls, buns, cakes etc.), and multiple bubble tea franchises and they're all really successful and I'm pretty sure they all started as a single independent store. Chinks are always the first wave of customers, then millenials start coming in because they spend half of their income on eating out and buying meme sweets, so they're always on the lookout for "fresh" and "trendy" places that are kinda new but established.

Are we talking about America or somewhere else?

Because in America....

... a million a year is $19k per year gross.

31.5% food cost
roughly 39% labor cost (including taxes)
5% royality
roughly 10.4% rent (assuming 2000 per month)

That puts you at 85.9%, even before you get into equipment,, trash removal, R&M, insurance, licensing, etc.

(in other words, 14.1% to pay for all of these before you can even generate a dollar in profit);.

20% profit in a restaurant is a physical impossibility, at least in the United States

you only need 10k for a fuckin chik fil a?

Lad, I'm talking about Fully Promoted, read the fucking post. There's a reason I'd never get into a food franchise, and you just laid it out perfectly.

Donut shops in the US make a 700% profit, its insane. Thats why the asians own all these places. Ice creams shops make 900%. Pizza shops are great also. The key is to not buy a franchise, just open your own. Just observe what biz immigrants are running and you'll see where the money is at.

>buying a Subway franchise
This sounds like the absolute worst fucking idea ever. You have the entire Earth to throw your money at and you're thinking Subway.

To reiterate, I'm not talking about subway. I'm talking about Fully Promoted.

>There are a lot of chink food businesses around here, like breadtop
That’s basically any city in Australia these days.

Sorry, missed that. I thought we were still on restaurants.

I have a hard time believing that. 10k would barely pay for a fryer.

thanks user, I think I might just do it. stop by for a free subway sometime

>just observe what immigrants are running and you'll see where the money is at
>this
I'm from eastern europe where the prices are all fucked and you need to work for 90 minutes on minimum wage for a kebab, so everyone just makes their own food at home. When I came to aus my mind was blown by how easy and straight forward money printing the food business was. I'd never thought you could make so much fucking money with such simple businesses like fish and chips or pizza places. Ingredients only cost about 50% more than where I'm from, and you can get away with three to four times the price on most items while also having a shit ton of traffic because people actually have money to spend. Like I know this turkish guy who has a restaurant and he told me the turkish bread costs him about 40 cents per batch to make and he sells it for $15. And that's an appetizer that every single person who comes in the restaurant gets. So I'd imagine the people who come here from even worse shitholes like vietnam and the philippines are just blown away by the opportunities and save up every penny until they can take out a loan and start a food place.
It's quite sad in a way, but also fully deserved. Coming from a borderline third world country myself I just can't understand how so many aussies can still be bogans who barely get by and have nothing saved up, you could pile boxes or mop floors and still have enough money to make investments if you know how to manage your money. Income taxes, gst, wages and prices make for such an easy life here compared to most of the world. The chinks are winning because even though they don't speak english, borderline can't drive and don't have any capital most of them realize how much of a difference it makes if you buy discounted shit at coles and make food at home instead of buying ready made or fast food. Step it up cunts

Yeah, the big difference with fully promoted is that you generally only need 2 full time employees in addition to yourself to run a successful location. The monthly break even sales figure for most of the stores i'm knowledgeable about is in the $35k area, ±50% of everything above this is profit for the owner (50% is accounting for the cost of materials on the additional sake). Many stores will do >100k per month in sales.

McDonalds get more business.
Laundromats, if built in the right area, will also bring in a steady stream of revenue.

Also it's not just about food, every bogan I see still has the newest iphone and I bet they have a huge ass tv at home as well. Literal nigger behavior, buying shiny shit you can't afford. Abos are even more ridiculous, how the fuck can you still walk around barefoot, smell like a dumpster and look like a hobo after so many handouts and free scholarship programs? Most of the time they ride for free on the bus as well. Just the other day I saw like 4 of them chimp out because the driver asked them for fare.

>Franchising a dying brand

Just buy a convenience store you dumb fuck. You have that much money and you can't make it? Trust fund babies should die

>muhh i love muslim dick!!

fucking europoors. pic related, typical european girl when she meets her muslim overlord

Thats what I always figured it was, immigrants see the opportunities everywhere they look. Thanks for confirming what I thought.

sad. hope your life improves bud

Where i live the immigrants own all the small markets and all the independent motels. All of them.

Why not Jimmy Jonh's.

literally who

Protip: get a Chick-fil-a instead

What about importing cooks from overseas countries? They'll make 20~30x their home salary but they'll be trapped to your store because of language barrier. Eventually they'll want to take over and you can sell it back to them and act as a regional manager or some sort.

Thinking of starting a Chinese clay pot restaurant with my crypto earnings. It's my hometown speciality and I think a lot of Americans will like it.

open a chickj fil a and hire exclusively from Veeky Forums we will literally come work for u

There are 10000000 subways already and hardly anybody likes that shit. I personally love eating at subway but my taste in food is terrible.

americans will not like that

teach all your employees to do the "v cut". pictured on left

My Franchise owner closed 3 stores recently look at chick-fil-a if possible very cheap to start a location

what the fuck is that? I'm feeling sick just from the picture

y

yelp.com/biz/the-claypot-house-san-francisco

Rice cooked inside a pressurized vessel over an extremely hot stove. Then meat is served on top of it.

If the holy grail of pizza is neapoli then this is the holy grail of rice

I guess most of them are content with an iPhone, big TV, managble car and house payments and maccas for dinner. They don’t have the wanting need for anything else, regardless of how easy that might be to achieve in Australia relative to elsewhere on the planet. We’re a laid back folk, who (generally) don’t want for much more than our allocated simple comfortable life (think hobbits).

This

Damn bro tell me you got a patent on that before leaking it online

Horrible idea.

businessinsider.com/subway-franchisees-revolt-5-dollar-footlong-2017-12

Get into franchising a grocery store sushi place. I earn around 7,000 each month after expenses.

>We’re a laid back folk, who (generally) don’t want for much more than our allocated simple comfortable life (think hobbits).
I get that, and it's also reasonable to not want to work 80+ hours a week like most of these chink business owners, but simply not blowing your money on stuff that's slightly more convenient and waay more expensive than easily accessible alternatives makes such a big difference.
It could help you set up a college fund for your kids (not that college is useful, but it's always nice to have the opportunity in case they want to get an actual legit and useful degree), go on a vacation to europe or america, or just have less trouble buying that iphone.
I work at my (chink) gf's dad's bottle shop and there are multiple tradies who are regulars and buy a carton of corona/vb stubbies like 5 times a week, and there are also two guys who buy a pack of cigs pretty much every other day. They all look like they're good people, and coming from a place where physical labor is the lowest form of employment and tradesmen are resented and generally act very hostile and rude, it warms my heart that these guys are so easy going and seem to have this cheeky and carefree attitude to life, but at the same time it boggles my mind that they'd spend one or even two work hours worth of money on smokes and drinks every day. Like there must be something they'd like to get, I bet they have hobbies they could spend that money on.

Buy a jersey mikes you fucking mongoloid their sandwiches are actually edible.

>Like there must be something they'd like to get
That's what finance is for, friendo :) I'm not condoning financing things you want - the interest rates here are breathtakingly high; it does however enable tradies and bogans to buy expensive items that their happy go lucky lifestyle prohibits them from saving for.

Are you 14?

>you have to be 14 to enjoy a good sanwich
Just wow dude, triggered bro? You a little triggered there kiddo? :v)

Franchise is internet slang for i don't mind being fucked in the ass. Start your own sandwich shop bro, at least when you come up with a drunken masterpiece you can sell it the next day AND you can tell rude people to get fucked without chain of command coming down on you.

It was so much better before you fucking 3rd world shit cunts were brought in to do exactly what you've done; lower wages by accepting literal peanuts for pay.

ughh I can't wait until everyone chimps out about the immigrant situation and chases you turds out like we did with the Chinese many years ago. We all hate you that's how you can tell democracy is a pro wrestling show put on by the elites to give the voters something that makes them feel empowered.

hHAHAHAHA, hahahaaaa, fuck man, amazing. you'd have to be selling 680k worth of subs per week for that. lol

Owner of the bakery I worked at pulls in about $300k, and he could technically not come in to work, since his employees do everything. He sits in his office all day micromanaging what flour to buy to save $2 on shipping and also tries to do accounting to save $10 on accounting costs

Pathetic, but the guy makes money. He should expand instead of being all jew about this one single shop