DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER: No shills and charlatans. Scholars and helpful folk ONLY

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER: No shills and charlatans. Scholars and helpful folk ONLY.

Fuck all this doom and gloom.

Cmon lets be productive here

What should we be buying right NOW?

ITT: we post the juiciest rock-bottom deals..

As a scholar and a lead distributed systems engineer at a top 100 internet company, I would suggest not buying any cryptocurrencies as block chain technology is a complete joke and it has no legit use cases

My pick for a quick return:

XRP and LTC

Look at that price.

there's some NEO conference going on so maybe NEO or some related coin

Yikes. Assuming this is is true (which it very well may be), there are still mad profits to be made.

Whales will continue to pump and dump for a while yet.

Obsidian has fucking plummeted.

Look at that shit.

I don't enough about it though, to know that it hasn't died for good...

So be careful and do your own research

This thread will be a litmus test/canary to test how disgraceful and full of shills this board has become.

You didn't buy BZC yet user? Kek

FUN will moon between the 6th and 8th. Buy now during the dip.

Check out how Ethereum started. All the FUD etc that it's dead or what. Obsidian Team is one of the most reliable team. never missed any milestone in the roadmap. Constantly updats in social media etc. One of the safest holds for this year.

If you wrote block chain as blockchain I may believed you.

PoWH

Which discord did you copy pasta that from?

XSN swap coming
>TPOS Income
>Pooled Masternodes / Pooled Staking
>Monthly Distributed Income Bonuses
It's not rock bottom low right now, but best pick up POSW before the XSN swap

The official ICX summit is going on right now where there going to announce the Korean governments official endorsement of ICX, or something, idk, nows the time to fomo in.

It is true. Its hard to describe why to someone who isn't technical, but I'll try.

When you design distributed systems, there are always design trade-offs. This is because with distributed systems you can't always get everything you want, and this has been proven by the CAP theorum (Wiki it) which basically says you can't have all 3: data Consistency, Availability, and Partition tolerance.

Blockchain has partition tolerance because if a single node in the network goes down, you can still read from it. Its also very available since all nodes contain the state of the chain, however it doesn't have great consistency.

Writes are slow because for a write to be successful, the majority of the nodes in the network have to agree that the write is valid. This validation is done by computing some which is computationally pretty trivial, but when all (or a majority) of the nodes in the network need to verify the transaction, it becomes very costly both computationally (although the computational cost is amortized over all the computers in the network) and electrically.

Blockchain does have some interesting and rather unique properties though
• It can be used in a "trustless" environment because state changes (transactions) can be verified for correctness. Of course nobody really does business in a trustless environment however
• The entire state is public and replicated to all nodes. This is one of the biggest drawbacks to me, but its required for operation in a trustless, decentralized network. Its a huge drawback though. For example, imagine if banking did move to crypto... everyone could see everyone elses balances and everyone you have transacted with once your wallet address is known.

I could go on and on but tl;dr the blockchain data structure has little practical use. Its been around for over 10 years now and still nobody uses it in a large scale production environment because, as a data structure, it just sucks

What about private blockchains for enterprise?

XRP? XLM? I think you're looking at first gen tech with a currency use csse.

My current plan is

ARY->ZCL->Credits->Link
might get some qlink while I'm at it
it's practically chinese dent

ALL IN TRTL

Using proofs not every machine needs to validate.

DRGN
But set your buy order kinda low

What a shitty, myopic view.

Can you imagine waking up and looking in the mirror and thinking that looks ok?

That's a dude btw.

What the fuck is the point of a private blockchain? If there is trust between the entities there are much better b2b solutions than using something as slow and shitty as a blockchain.

You don't even know what you are talking about.

Nice technical analysis.

Really if you guys want to invest in this shit thats fine, I'm not knocking it and I even invested and made some sweet gains, but please don't go around touting blockchain as some technical miracle, because its not. Get in, make gains, get out before people figure out the entire space is vaporware. I feel bad for the true believers though

I've had my eyes on TAU for awhile and after reading through the white paper fairly thoroughly, i really don't understand why it's struggling in price (not just today, but in general). can any of you computer savvy millenianons explain to me why this token isn't catching on?

I don't even know what it is desu

La creatura...

LSIK fuckers. 40% up already, rebranding in 20 days. The rest of the year is glorious

what's gonna give me the most assured and most immediate gains:

LTC, XRP, ETH

I wanna make a quick buck towards my Zilliqa fund.

>LSIK fuckers. 40% up already, rebranding in 20 days. The rest of the year is glorious
Absolutely not. wait til full retrace.

ADA/Cardano is getting a new release in 5 days. I expect it to go to $2 or higher in this pump

Some things to look out for
>Q1/Q2 debit and ATM system online in Japan
>Later spreads to SE Asia
>Partnered with Zencash
>Wallet optimization update imminent

The points you bring up are valid criticisms of blockchains. But, like many others who don't give a fuck about crypto and are just in it for the money, you seem to be apathetic towards central control structures, or maybe you just think there are just too many benefits to having societies (and their technology) set up in that way.

Yes, nodes, which maintain the distributed records of the blockchain need to do a lot of "stuff" and that takes a lot time. But that is the cost that comes with the ultimate goal of decentralization, something which is valued by people who don't want institutional meddling in how they transfer value, and form agreements with each other (and who knows what more to come).

You must also be aware of the non-blockchain type cryptos, things based on the DAG data structure. Blockchains are not the only way. There are also movements towards fixing transacting processing speeds, and running of DApps for Bitcoin and Ethereum, I'm guessing you're also aware of that too.

Just understand that simply because you don't care/don't value it, doesn't mean these concepts, underpinning cryptocurrencies, have no value.

if you're rich buy art