Want to be a trillionaire? Figure out how to make a room temperature superconductor

Want to be a trillionaire? Figure out how to make a room temperature superconductor.

Is that biotechnology?

Genius

Nah he's an idiot. Someone steals your invention and takes the credit and gets rich in your place. Always happens.

Materials science. It’s graphene aerogel

or a perpetual motion machine
or a time machine
or anything else that science can't currently produce

>implying thermodynamics isn’t a meme simply waiting to be conquered by quantum mechanics

Shut up you fucking nerd and take your gay science shit elsewhere

Thanks just invented 100k

True but it requires rare earth metals and lots of research would make processors way better but what about quantum comps?

Last year there was a lecture from a scientist leading in superconductor research in my materials science class. I don't remember his name, he was German tho. He said his team has the know-how to build a room temperature superconductor in the next 10 years. Don't know how he came to this conclusion but he showed a model train levitating around a track cooled with LN2 so that was cool.

>rare earth metals

You can extract graphene from a pencil my dude.

>graphene
>rare earth metal

pick one, retard

not implying anything, just pointing out that it's basic common sense that the first person to successfully implement any of these things will be minted

(or rather, the person that owns the company will be minted, because scientists are eternally cucked)

That’s dope. I also think a breakthrough will be made here relatively soon. It will be just as important as learning to make fire or the invention of the microprocessor.

Yeah, I was implying that graphene isn’t a rare earth metal. Thanks, English comprehension brainlet.

sorry m8

> implying you know shit about shit because you sent a 2 pages essay on Maxwell's equations

why not just lower the temperature of the room

As if that would be in anyway easily achivable :^) Huge numbers of literally the most brilliant scientists are working in the field of solid state physics / matsci right now.

Breakthroughs mean shit if you can't scale production

Want to be the richest man ever? Find out how to store hydrogen safely, efficiently and easily. You will wipe out the oil industry overnight, destroy Islamic terrorism and make a fortune doing so.

>loads of people are working on it so it's impossible
Are you handicapped or just trolling? How can you not realise the same could be said for a huge portion of all breakthroughs ever and pretty much every purposeful (i.e not by accident) breakthrough in history.

This. The person discovering it won't be rich. It's going to be whoever is able to mass produce it.

Nah, you will get couple millions from the patent if you are lucky to keep the rights. In more realistic scenario your work will be mostly owned by the investors or the company that you work for...

Unless you already have some wealth to afford the equipment to produce the final product and fund research or have really strong footing to negotiate good terms and not get ejected from the deal later. In that case congrats, but still not near trillion anyway.

Making billion dollar business is expensive as hell, you need money to make money.

>patent/make it IP
>dangle it like a carrot on a stick in front of aerospace & defence companies
>it’s for sale boys, only $500 million
Bam you get rich and don’t need to bring the product to the market

Is this some kind of joke about carbon based life and you could use that wheat as an insulator, or what the hell are you talking about?

OP's picture is not really related to superconductors, it probably pictures aerogel being so light you can lift it with that wheat. Some aerogels are even lighter than air and float in room temperature.

You have no fucking idea how basic research works nowadays - any relevant breakthroughs in these highly complex, interdisciplinary fields won't be attributed to a single person or even group. Supranational organizations provide hundreds of billions to make research even possible.

It's literally impossible to "discover" superconductivity on your own in your spare time at home by accident.
The only thing a person or company could patent is an unique way to produce those magnets at competitive prices.

Want to be a trillionaire? Figure out how to make an OP who isn’t a faggot.

> aerogel
> filled with air
> lighter than air
These are the ppl we have to deal with on biz

If it's filled with hydrogen, that could work

Easy. Oil.

While I agree with your general sentiment I would not word it so strongly. There is still some small chance to win the lottery with unorthodox approach. Take fusion research for example, at the forefront you have things like ITER that are bottomless black holes sucking hundreds of millions euros and requiring multiple countries to participate, but in the field there are also companies with mare tens of millions investment doing laser confinement and even small one-person operations experimenting with exotic polywell geometries that could also have a chance. Not saying that they will, as no one knows where the solution is, but there is a small chance that one of the smaller companies will find it.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. he is invested in BCASH.

Any y'all niggas heard of Zero Point Energy coin? The ICO just ended and I didn't buy.... Bout ready to kms

gaea.company/zpe-coin/

Engineering student here. Yes, we definitely inject synthetic materials with hydrogen gas. You're absolutely right. We want to make sure it has a decent chance of exploding horribly. Ever since the success of the Hindenberg we've been striving towards bigger and better shitstorms and I think we're finally on the cusp of something good here.

>scientists never work with anything dagerous
You're not an engineering student. Hydrogen fuel cells are a thing you brainlet.

want to be a quadrillionaire? a single gallon of LSD-25 , if able to be manufactured. would be more than enough to supply the entire global market for years

it would be better to simply invent a small and safe H2 extractor and just connect to water supply, on demand is way to go.

To extract hydrogen you already need energy, going back to water will not create more energy.

How would you go around and move it though?

A gallons not that heavy bro

LMAO.... they can't even get the planet earth image right on their banner... do you really think they will help revolutionise energy on the planet !? ahahah scam.

Thats tough, bud.
Its Better to just invest on Graphene.
Oh and flow batteries