/smg/ - Stock Market General

Gambling edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest.
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2018/01/31/ge-will-likely-be-dropped-from-the-dow-deutsche-bank-predicts.html
npr.org/2018/01/28/581403241
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Earnings this week

I'm betting on PYPL and BABA to give me good returns this week.

Also, I picked up 100 shares of AIEQ at $70 yesterday, all hail our AI overlords

I went balls deep on Paypal this morning. I'm hoping I can offset some losses from yesterday

I'm also deep in FNGU (3x FANG and some other tech stock). Almost everything it covers like Apple, Amazon, Baba, Google, etc is reporting this week,

er, I meant I picked AIEQ up at $27.50

It was DVMT that I picked up at $70 yesterday

futures markets are all green, it looks like today will make up for yesterday's dip

Yeah, I've had PYPL since the end of Nov when I picked it up at $74, I'm planning on holding until $100 which should be in about 1-2 months at this rate

Who /AMD/ here?

>Kodak
Lol

Enjoy getting hacked faggot.

Sold all mine at $13.30 yesterday after hours, made well over 30% profits.

well im offically over my block chain memes, GOOGL a good hold?

Strong start today! Congrats to all anons who played amd earnings, enjoy those gains.

Well, the company's not going away any time soon and it's quite profitable but it's also very well established at this point and isn't going to have the growth potential as some smaller, newer companies.

NNA keeps finding new bottoms. So much for the best dividend stock for less than a dollar.

>INTC moving down again on an overall green day

good, good, my short position is slowly climbing out of the hole

Anyone else betting on NOK because of all the 5G buzz and upcoming earnings report?

What does NOK have to offer for 5G?

honestly hoping for another decline in indices this morning, would have made it much more comfortable to jump in.

whatever, back to bull i hope. Nothing worse than sideways moves at all this ‘muh valuations’ fear mongering.

>KTOS floundering

STOBBIT

This looks like complete shit. Why would you invest in this company?

Thank you to whoever mentioned Dell yesterday, I'm up almost 4% on DVMT since yesterday

KTOS was shilled on CNBC yesterday and it shot up within minutes afterwards. Of course it was gonna tank today.

>be a total fuckup
>grow 10% anyway

Hot tip:
Great Wall Motors HKEX

Jesus fucking christ, another red day?

Are you fuckers sure this isn't a crash? It feels like a fucking crash.

I put my bets on ATVI. I wont invest in EA.

You're welcome m8, unfortunately I bought mine at the predip at 80, but I'm glad you can benefit from it

>all indices are green
>my portfolio is up 2.85%

What red day?

The one almost all the non-memes are experiencing.

Has one bad day "MUH MARKETS MAAAAAAAAAAAAAMIIIIIII AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

never ever look at a single cryptocurrency ever kid

the solid stocks are rocketing upwards, buy AMD

If the DOW, S&P 500, and NASDAQ are all green then it's more than just memes that are green friendo

If this trend continues it will be 3 bad days in a row idiot. I don't know about today yet, but Monday or yesterday could have both qualified as one of my worst days since Lord Bongo took office in 2008 by themselves. Combined they were easily the most brutal trading days I have experienced.

So throwing a third shit day onto that makes me think it's time to take what's left of my money and run.

Honestly to loose money in this market you might want to just invest in some CD's and make 1% annually.

RIP NAKlets

So this week = a good market?

MOMMMMYYYYYY I CANT HOLD MY BAGS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Network architecture mostly. Chipsets and stuff like that.

>gambling edition

Most of us are green. idk what the fuck you're doing

>RIP NAKlets
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Well 5G won't really be implemented for a few more years so I don't think it'll affect their stock price in the near term. It's something to keep in mind in the future though.

>he doesn't just throw money at random tickers having earnings calls without any DD or analysis whatsoever
virgin detected

waiting for crash to hodl NVDA again +60%

fuck /amd/.. NVDA much more stable and have been enjoying +450% since 2016

alpha earnings getting released tmr

>MUH INDEX
lmao

They're going to start shipping chipsets in Q3 this year and adjust have buyers signed on to install them in wireless towers. Figured it would be a good idea to scoop some shares now while the prices are as low as they are.

It feels good to be a nvidiafag right about now

So I just imagined the whole week. Ok fag.

same lul +30% in 2 months

That's the videogame biz. No matter how stupid the company acts, the consumers are even dumber. Vidya safest hodl of 2018. ATVI, TTWO, EA, GAMR

You should kill yourself if you're red today

I don't normally advocate for twitter but It's been unstoppable lately on rumors of a buyout. It should be easy money if you sell before Friday. (Or hodl if you're confident of the buyout)

>MUH CRYPTO
i am all green
nvda +3% today
in a gold rush, sell the tools

>great earnings
>same store sales on rise
>app adoption up in every major region
>stock down

MCD da MVP. fuck my life...

What is happening with NAK?

Question.
I know taxes are just coming around the corner, but i only made 9.50 in stock (i downloaded the app, got my free stock, sold, havent really done anything with it just yet).

Do i still have to pay tax cause its under 10 dollars?

You should actually be going long MU then. Memory is the limiting tool in NVDAs cards.

Check out AMD's earnings call. They're pushing max volume and there's still not enough memory.

im glad i sold mine for a loss to buy some paypal this morning

a lot of old people probably own MCD stock so maybe weak hands from the bad day yesterday?

MU is a shit stock

I held it for most of the month and it barely did a thing. Just up and down with no real progress. Big money doesn't like it anymore because it became the normie value stock. Tons of soccer moms and whatnot own that shit now.

BOTZ FUCK YOU STUPID PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT

MCB, bank of coinbase, recent support at $43 (double bottom), just upgraded to buy, easy ride to $50+

>freaking out about 2%
What did you mean by this?

Are we falling off a cliff like tuesday and Wednesday last week

Nasdaq futures dropped like .20%

DOWN WE GO AGAIN

link

Why is NAK dropping so much in the first place?????

piece of shit canuck mineless mining company

Yes. Of the IRS flags you it will be bad, even if it's for a ridiculously small amount. After you are flagged once you are more or less put on a sort of unofficial watchlist for the rest of your life, and are exponentially more likely to get flagged again..... Or even worse, audited.

t. A man who was flagged because of H and R blocks incompetence.

Shilling AMRS! GET this poping biz.

JUST
cnbc.com/2018/01/31/ge-will-likely-be-dropped-from-the-dow-deutsche-bank-predicts.html

STOP GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See

Proof that OP is a retarded faggot. Retards shouldn't be allowed to make the msg thread.

I'm still up like 30% this month. Not everyone of your trades will be a winner and I still sold MU for a profit.

The faggot here is you for trying to start shit and bringing negativity to the thread

>Illumina down 3% already

Who else here buying up all these NAK shares at a discount from all these weak handed sellers?

Loading up at $0.70. epic bounce when they announce that they are still allowing the mine.

If it's so damn easy to make money in this market you should be taking practically no losses.

Why don't you post your gainz chart from RH so we can all bask in your magnificence and learn from your oh so obvious perfection?

Is it time to buy NAK or is it going back to penny land?

How am i doing

5 cent dividend for less than a dollar. If it can struggle along for four more years, it will have paid for itself.

Yeah that and MARK really fucked me yesterday/today

About as well as I am. What are your positions?

At least you aren't this guy.

When is this announcement?

F

I went too hard on NAK with an average of 1.85, the rest is CLM for dividend plays. Really needing NAK to come back somehow, but i have legitimate doubts.

I don't use Robinhood

I'm not acting like I'm perfect or anything nor did I say it was so easy. You're being a dick

Better than OP and Big5Guy lol.

>Neither deters nor derails the application process

npr.org/2018/01/28/581403241

Whatever happened to faggy dickmoster? Did he rope himself after the NAK crash?

Fuck you

You're just an angry little faggot.

Almost everyone here has been 20% at one time or another. You have more money than I did at the time so if the market quits fucking itself you should be able to dig your way out before too long. Just quit with the fucking memes.

AMD looks like it's forming a bullish flag, buy at 13.50?

Nov.7 hit -7,541. My all time low on Biotech sectors correction. down 24% on the portfolio

that shit was painful.