/det/ - daily education thread

Post your questions and comments about upcoming, current, or previous education you've endured and how it has effected your sucess.
Remember there are no stupid questions only stupid people

im thinking about going Mechanical engineer, what do you guys think? I don't live in the USA, people say that engineers do desktop work there

Any opinions on Logistics/Supply Chain Management?

Already got an education in computer engineering, will i male it?

Reminder anything with "engineer" in the title (even if it's not actually engineering) is automatically at least great tier, due to visa benefits if you decide to work in another country.

What do you mean? I'm going to be graduating with a Chemical Engineering degree and looking to work abroad in the Middle East or Gulf Coast in the USA. Seems like most of them are a little put off by the fact that I'm in Canada, do you have any suggestions?

Thinking about going into finance or software engineering if this doesn't work out, not sure how I'd acquire related experience in those fields though.

I'm having no luck finding an electrical apprenticeship after doing a 2 year electrical technician diploma and it's looking like I'll be a minimum-wage slave for the summer. There's a university 90 minute drive away which I'm considering going to to do an economics BA.
Does anyone have an experience traveling that far for school on the daily? or doing an undergrad while having a kid?

>tfw god tier

A math degree is the only one worth getting.

is computer engineering really god tier? Isn't CS better?

>Construction is "Meh teir"
How retarded are you? The construction industry is completely lacking young adults in the industry. They are begging for people.

i'm studying harmonic analysis instead of comp. sci even though i want to write audio software, because i figure i can self-teach the programming more easily than the math
but i think "degrees" are inherently worthless and any skillset is worth studying if you have a plan to monetize it

>CS: hey guys i kind of know how a computer works and can write code!
>comp eng: let's see how your code fares against my undetectable hardware backdoors. thanks for the buttcoins, nerds!

>Chem Eng
>Physics Eng
>Not Unbelivable Tier
Shit list

Med student checking in.

>i'm a borderline retard that's only good at memorizing shit
i work with doctors a lot and i am completely unimpressed with most of them

>Desktop work
So what... Your going to be a draftsman not an engineer?

I beg to differ

t. audio engineer

What about the amount of jobs available?

Yeah there are lots of retards in my class too, which is why I'll get into a better specialty. I've got degrees in chem and biochem and graduated with a 4.0. Could have done chem engineering but comfy doc jobs are way more rewarding imo

>job
i made an ltc asic about 6 months ago in my fucking garage, then made about 10 of them, sold all my ltc mid-december and split it into eth/xmr/and a few others before the moonshot. it's looking like i might not ever have to work a "job" ever again, senpai

What's the highest paying major for someone with around a 110 I.Q? I definitely cannot do STEM. I'm thinking about accounting since it's pretty high paying and I'm semi interested in it. I just want a high paying job so I can retire/part time retire in 5-8 years. I'll be living at home, and I'll have no debt so it's doable.

>comfy doc jobs are way more rewarding imo
you'll see how "rewarding" it is when you're telling fat fucks "you're pre-diabetic, stop drinking soda and eating fast food you fat fuck," for 3 years, then telling them "well now you're diabetic and the american taxpayer is going to have to subsidize your worthless existence for the rest of your life."

have fun being utterly powerless against the stupidity, lethargy, ignorance, and niggardom of your patients. have fun making excuses on why you should treat them due to (((ethics))).

you made a huge mistake.

>about 6 months
actually it was well over a year ago, now. time sure does fly

Currently studying to become a computer engineer. After that I will get a job and invest large amounts into either the stock market or the crypto market. Going for a really early retirement.

Hey guys,
I'm attending university right now and at the end of this year I will have to decide between business economics (whereafter I will specialize in Finance, accounting or management), Fiscal economics or 'normal' economics (macro, micro etc.).
What do you guys think about these fields of study?

sounds comfy

>What do you guys think about these fields of study?
"Welcome to Starbucks"

I've realized I'm only good at math in a one on one setting. it's something I need complete silence to process. how can I function in class like this?

>work 3 days a week
>make 300k/year
Have fun wage slaving buddy

>Have fun wage slaving
see:

why would you major in economics and then get a focus (what does that even mean) in a real field?
do you really think a degree that tells employers you've mastered keynesian theory is attractive? why not just get an actual accounting or finance degree? industrial engineering is replacing management degrees btw

Teach me your ways, senpai. I have a bachelor's in computer engineering and I'm basically a retarded programmer who can make LEDs blink using a PIC

>industrial engineering is replacing management degrees btw

How could I tap into this as a chem eng grad? Our degree is basically process/industrial engineering anyways. Looking to get away from the engineering and into more of the finance side of things.

>Teach me your ways
it's not profitable anymore to mine ltc with my design. there are better designs and bigger miners now

>who can make LEDs blink
BS in engineering confirmed

What’s the difference between software engineer and computer science?

Medicine god tier. Kek this
Med School is challenging, you memorize a lot early, then later its about logic and using those connections in a minimum time making a correct and swift decision, being ready to adapt to unpredictable situation in a second.

And it ends there. Practising as a physiscian is absolute nigger / cuck job.
You are everyones bitch and have 0 life.
Only nurses are worser , because they wipe nigger or 85 year old greasy homeless ass, but they at least have some life outside the hospital.
Being doctor itsef is 90% monkey performing bitch paperwork tasks for insurance companies / board certifications and forcing useless shit onto sick people cause youre cucked by pharma. Only reason it isnt automated is because you are here to take responsibility and be sued on a fuckup. Cant sue a computer.
Its worser every year. Im out soon. Dont care about money. I want life back before its not late. FUCK THE MEDICINE. Stay away,.

Two years tradeschool glad a welder while attending high school, then associates in college for welding and fabrication.

Opinion(s)? Also considering becoming a welding inspector, just graduated a few months ago.

depends on what you want to do. if you're dedicated, you could get an MBA and easily get into f500

this takes longer, but it's a safer career: you could get a MS in accounting, sit for your CPA, join big 4, then exit to a large company

either one will get you an executive position in f500. industrial engineering is going to take off because of supply chain management rather than the generic managerial degree. see: apple and nintendo

I'm in a top tier undergrad econ program and I can say, without a doubt, that it was the biggest waste of time at my uni.

Should've done comp sci or some other hard science.

Also, my gf is a biochem major thinking of med school or going to the pharma industry. What is more worth?

>architecture meh tier
>burger detected

Guys, I'm interested in studying statistics but my main concern is how hard to understand can the undergrad turn

>med school
if she wants to deal with fat people, niggers, and other shit described here :
>pharma
choose this one. when you're done working you're actually off of work. she can make more than medical doctors, too, and if she gets her hands in a patent then it's lamboland 4u

Being a tax lawyer in Germany or Brazil is "unbelievable tier" worthy.

Neither. No joke
Medicine - family unfriendly for women. I see a lots of spinsters, who used to be 8-9s
Pharma - she will be fucked at meetings by 6ft5 model sale rep Chads

the catch is that she must be more intelligent to be a pharmacist than a doctor.

>i'm dumb as shit but i'm willing to spend literally all of my time memorizing dumb shit i can just look up instantly
be a doctor

>i'm intelligent and i want to understand mechanisms, science, and application and don't want to waste time with stupid shit like memorization
be a pharma

>civ eng
>great tier

literally secretaries for 8 years before they become anything meaningful

you guys are fucking dumb if you believe later in the real world anyone cares about your degree.

what kind of job do you have?

>draftsman

I don't know something like that, i prefer working with hands i don't like desktop jobs

This may be the stupidest post I have seen on Veeky Forums you should feel bad.

Hey man,
To be honest 'normal' economics was my least favorite choice of the three. I know that if I pick business economics or fiscal economics I will be assured of a job due to good connections.
But what do you think about fiscal economics, what is your opinion about it? I am really doubting between business economics and fiscal economics so some good advice could really help me

god damn this picture is great at getting (You)s.

what are these things supposed to be categorized by?

the pure physical sciences in God Tier all have terrible prospects, even at PhD level.

see: chemistry, astrophysics, physics

not an argument, nigger. i have worked with doctors, pharmas, biomed engineers, etc etc in a huge medical campus and the doctors were, by a wide margin, the mouthbreathers of the bunch

Pls guys im worried

Good.

What is electrical technology vs electrical engineering??

"shit tier" film arts here. I made $200k last year and took 4 months off. No school debt either.

I'm a software engineer at Sony. Did I make it?

Guys respond

I'm going to be studying animation. If shit doesn't pan out and I don't land at Pixar I'm going to go for the furry bucks and animate hentai for that sweet, sweet patreon gold

Not that hard

Theology and Philosophy should be in a tier on their own, so low that it cannot even seen in that pic.

what kind of software?

here's some good advice: stop trying to make an economics degree happen. why are you so obsessed with it? look at it's a waste of time and teaches theories that any accountant or finance major learn anyway. you'll be an adjunct making nothing.

you are not going to get any jobs. pajeet and his h1b currynigger friends will undercut you. you haven't noticed that almost every animation tutorial is narrated by some street shitter?

Backend, sometimes frontend.

Did a CS/EE combo degree

Contracting I make $400/day

Decided to stqart a business. It's less money but less work.

As an electrical engineer I really-really wish I would have gotten a computer science degree instead.

£ I mean. I'm UK.

You forgot
>Suicide Tier
Actual suicide

For NEETs such as myself

>muh anecdote
I've worked in ERs and multiple hospitals. Pharmacy is infinitely more rote memorization and looking shit up than medicine.

I have friends who have their EE diplomas and coding in various companies, making tons of money.

CS degrees are fucking useless. Just learn how to program using google
>t. 6-figure software engineer

Really user? I was thinking about electrical engineering what makes you say that

also this.
u don't need degree for software dev
but beware just leaning languages in 30% of the skill. rest is analysis and working with others well if you want big money.

Software Engineering and Software Developement aren't the same thing you dumb fuck.

>Pharmacy
i'm not referring to the techs, brainlet

How would you get a job as a self-taught programmer? Assuming you have a bachelors in another field (eng).

I'm talking about pharmacists you idiot. You clearly have no idea what you're taking about.

>You clearly have no idea what you're taking about.
you can still get out of med school, friend

feels bad to be in the "Meh Tier"

>Cybersecurity is good tier but I'm a computer engineer who works as red team
wat do

Not an argument, idiot

wat field

>Software Engy, ENGY
>Computer Engineer - Unbelievable, while Computer Programming and Science - in Great tier
>Geophysics both in god and Good tier
>Chemistry and Chemical Engineer - two entries lol

Brain of OP/creator of gif: MOUTHBREATING RETARD TIER CONFIRMED

biz partnership with sony confirmed !!!

recent Ivy League Physics graduate here

homeless and teaching myself CS

>check God Tier, I'm not there
>check Great Tier, I'm not there
>check Good Tier, I'm not there
>what the fuck, where the fuck am I
>finally see electrical engineer in Unbelievable Tier, didn't even notice the category before
>mfw

you haven't presented any arguments either, sweetie

Yeah, dude honestly, pentesting and infosec too.
Literally just git gud and you'll make bank and do awesome shit on a daily basis, except reporting, fuck reporting.

If it makes you feel better I'm in the shit tier even though I make $200k and only work 8 months of the year. This post is retarded

Anybody inthis thrrad drive trucks for a living? Im 18, high school dropout, and I want to get into computer scienece/engineering but the whole college meme really turns me off. Ive thought about getting my cdl just as a starting off point because long truck rides while playing audiobooks sounds /comfy/, then maybe go to college or self teach about computer shit a few years down the line (before automation makes trucking irrelevant

>tldr: young user doesnt know what to do with his life

where did you learn about cybersec and how to procure a job in it?

Are you fucking retarded? Driverless cars are a reality today and you think being a professional driver is a good idea? You'll be replaced by robots before you're 25.

If a job says it "requires a degree" just go ahead and lie on your resume and put a generic CS degree down from a generic college. All you have to do to get the job is correctly all of their programming challenges when they bring you in for an interview. Most challenges are pretty easy, google "Fizz buzz" for an example

Worked as a software engineer to pay for my OSCP and OSCE
Went to CTF's constantly
Acted retarded and tried to pop anything that moved in the beginning. Stopped because that's retarded.
Research, research, research.

How to get a job?
go to local cons
do ctf
do well
talk to people

Fuck resumes, fuck online searching. Any place worth a shit has people at conferences trying to poach talent.

>before im 25
>im 18
Thats 7 years to get in, make a livable wage, and learn something else. Did you even read the last part of my post?

I also did 4 years as a CE and Maths dual major but lost my job and couldn't finish my senior year. Was getting job offers anyways and decided to not finish it because there was literally no point.

any engineering + law
metallurgical engineering
EE / ME is always a safe bet

+ Learn some basic coding/scripting. being a wizard in macro coding/excel VBA WILL get you hired , ain't even memeing