ICON SUMMIT

is it really true that Veeky Forums has gone downhill? Am I the only one here who thinks that the ICON summit was amazing and beyond words?

Fuck those idiots who think that without a Samsung partnership, ICON is nothing. If anyone here has actually gone to South Korea you'd realize that it is already a cashless society. It is up to time that these ICON vending machines (that are in hospitals, universities, etc.) replace the means of transaction. Read up about Korea's high tech city too. ICON's dApps are also disrupting the gig economy, gaming, cybersecurity, and more. Is Veeky Forums all about money these days that NO ONE cares about the actual tech anymore??? ICON's integration of different blockchains is revolutionary, and anyone who actually attended the summit can verify how easily usable the wallet is.

Oh and look up ICONick if you have some time. Honestly not trying to shill, I'm holding ICX no matter what. Just hoping for some more educational posts and less shilling memes.

Other urls found in this thread:

blokt.com/news/thoughts-impressions-and-bonus-info-from-icons-first-annual-summit
youtube.com/watch?v=B1QCm09BvP4
icon.foundation/contents/projects?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally 99.9% of crypto investors don't care about tech, they just care about lambo memes and muh mooooooooon.

>already a cashless society
Hahahahaha holy fuck. I lived in South Korea for 2 years, from 2014-2016. It's the furthest fucking thing from cashless. Most places there still require cash.

shhh let them be poor Veeky Forums can fud all they want and fomo in at ath

blokt.com/news/thoughts-impressions-and-bonus-info-from-icons-first-annual-summit
this guy outlined it pretty well, for anyone who is actually interested

The fact is ICX got us used to top quality stuff so this was a bit underwhelming, the reaction to it however is completely absurd, give it a few days for emotions to settle, good time to buy now though

the main net and summit wasnt whats going to moon icon, its the korean exchanges and korean won which will pump it, give it time, feb will be glorious

Massively overhyped and many missed out on profits because of bitcoin shitting itself. Not to mention one of the worst ico's i've ever seen. It's no surprise the price crashed when that street shitter was on the stage.

icon is amazing but im out until march. id rather avoid the bleed

Veeky Forums are retarded because they got dumped on by whales after they FOMO'd in so they think the summit was shit

when are the korean exchanges coming?

the summit was shit.

for a tech company they seemed to have a lot of technical difficulties. microphones cutting in and out, dapp presenters struggling to use fucking powerpoint, not to mention how stupid most of the use cases were...it seemed like a bunch of college kids bumbling through a research project. did not instill confidence. i literally cringed more times than im comfortable admitting during the summit.

>i literally cringe
back to r*ddit dipshit

im sorry i hurt your feelings over your amateur hour coin

>reddit spacing
go back

one day they'll realize we're holding Korean gold and we'll turn the shit up in Seoul

Literally every conference in crypto is a let down. Everyone thinks it’s going to be on some Apple level shit.

Not surprised it dumped. I’m balls deep in ICX and think it’ll still moon. One mention of Korean exchanges and all these faggots will come back

it was uncomfortable for sure. but a bad av company doesnt mean the coin is shit. they definitely spent money with the projection mapping opening video on the wall and tried to put on a good show but the av company fucked their show up. this is more common than you'd realize. i'm sure the av company told them it'd be perfect.

>t. production guy

Not even on SK exchanges yet. I hope you idiots sold I'll be comfy til then

probably not before the token swap and they've scheduled the swap for march. so we're looking at the latest march or april for a coinone listing.

Can someone explain-- how is ICX not even on Korean exchanges yet when it's even on Binance? What's the delay?

yah I'm sure master sun's drunken video in his hotel room is better

I still remember the OMG conference back in September. Shit dumped hard back then as well. Really similar situation actually with the Apple rumours.

think okcoin might be in early-mid feb

I fell for Veeky Forums shilling the shit out of ICX and bought at the priced-in rate, now I'm holding these bags forever ;_;

You can say that about every tech show. LG, HTC and sometimes Samsung's flagship reveals are cringe fests every year.

Same thing happened with Antshares/NEO last June. "Rumours" of Microsoft/Alibaba partnership didn't materialized otherwise and it started dumping during the second half of the conference.

It skyrocketed the next month

Ever watched E3 pr CES presentations?

This is reassuring!
Was there any other news that triggered the mooning during that following month, or was it just the general buildup up good publicity?
I'm in both ICX and VEN, so I'm doubly concerned...

You are true most places prefer cash casue they dont pay taxes I lived there for 5 years cash is king more than us or canada

it's ok. it'll recover, just HODL. I've been an ICX fan since the start, and I'm glad this summit didn't disappoint.

but the dapps were trash

I remember that lol. It was because it was held in a Microsoft building or some shit

this was not what I experienced in the more developed parts of South Korea. Sure, there are admittedly countryside areas/a country is bound to have some form of diversity. I think South Korea is definitely moving towards high tech especially with Songdo International Business District (literally a high tech city called 'smart city')

What the fuck are you on about? It was literally the smoothest ICO process I've ever seen.

ICON is already partnered with SAMSUNG. It is already partnered with WOORI Bank (one of the largest in Korea). It is already partnered with a number of undisclosed Universities and Hospitals.

They already have all these partnerships so they don't need to reiterate them. That would be redundant. This new revelation on SMILEGATE is incredible and for all you fags in the West that don't understand the potential of this alone are doomed to stay poor.

Patience is key. After the Summit I have so much confidence in this whole team and they WILL deliver.

this. tech people arent professional speakers.

Selling ICX is probably the biggest mistake you can make. Just hodl.

general buildup of good publicity and a solid team actually working towards things

Everyone was saying the DApps presented at the Antshares conference were bad too

you literally had like 6 hours to participate in this under-the-radar ICO. If you weren't able you must be brain dead or just scared.

^^^sorry user this was meant for the person you were responding to

I understand senpai.

>What the fuck are you on about?
Nucleusvision, obviously. This is a thread about the conference, I hope you realise.

as far as tech conferences go and ESPECIALLY for crypto, this conference was as good as it gets.Did you guys see the omg and golem conference for example in the video below?If you cant see that icx is literally capitalizing on all areas of society in an insanely quick amount of time, then stay poor.

youtube.com/watch?v=B1QCm09BvP4

Crypto is filled with a bunch of emotional faggots

user I asked this many times:
What is the inherent value, why should anybody buy that coin for X20 or X100 from me in the future? Seriously nobody could answer this.

all u need to know about the summit is gookchad
Its a winner

Staking and rewards, the more then network is used the higher the payout and the higher the value.

this, i'm in it for the money faggots
5% for the tech... i could care less tho

I'm mad that it had a SHIT moon and sell off, i was expecting something massive so i could time my sell

But they dumped out of literally nowhere

Icon: 2/10

What payout do you get in which form?

Payout is in ICX and read the whitepaper.

The whitepaper. Dont blame others for your own ignorance and laziness.

rollin'

ICX is a shitcoin. Why are you Pajeet's still promoting a dead coin?

cause its not dead, just taking a nap

mainstream adoption would mean that it can one day threaten the KRW. That's where I see crypto going, and I think all the FUD surrounding regulation is solid proof that these governments are realizing that the dollar, the KRW, or whatever the currency is, are being threatened by cryptocurrencies. I have faith in ICON because it is not "the ETH of Korea" but the PUBLIC Korean IBM. It's an enterprise solution with a public blockchain. ICON streamlines companies' business and enable them to save money. These businesses include hospitals, universities, banks, etc.

i browsed it it's a bit confusing though. care to elaborate more from what you understood?
so the more you use the network, meaning sending meaningless transactions will benefit? or how does it mean

kill yourself norman

>tfw being loaded up on korean eth
Everybody will use eth instead, have fun holding bags, this shitcoin is a meme with no value behind it at all.
If it wasn't it would already be way above 10 usd.

look at what icon have done already

icon.foundation/contents/projects?lang=en

they were setting this up years before they launched the ico, thats how it SHOULD BE.Look at the areas they are in already.And now they just added the gaming sector to that list, as well as all the areas the dapps will cover.

>thinks he has legit fud
>gets btfo
>just calls it a shitcoin instead
Nice work Ranjeet.

What does this enterprise consist of but 'muh use my payment version instead'?
There are literally hundreds of coins promising the same.
I never really understood that hype for ICX, besides korean hype and flashy logo.
'look we have a wallet and a hospital using our blockchain to to manage their pencil supply, it will replace our countries currency soon'

You sound desperate.
I unironically would buy eth any second over this.

I'm not selling ICX - like a bunch of guys here I held out for that second pump which never came. Just pissed - had wanted to redistribute profits back to VEN - instead Im holding long-term bags.

Glad it's at least a good project and not some pump n dump moon mission.

This isn't going to help your upfiring shilling commission Ranjeet, just go work in the fields.

user, jokes aside I'm a stock market pro, I did it all.
I know when things look shiny and impressive to brainlets like you, for personal reasons I still try to figure out what the inherent value of this shitcoin is.
As of now there isn't any.
You think people will pay their hospital bills in icx?

exactly what i wanted
what a let down

>I'm a stock market pro
Yeah nah, you're a legit brainlet. If you can't see the value in ICX then I highly doubt there is another crypto project you can see value in at the same time.

>I'm a stock market pro

A stockmarket pro who doesnt even know how to read a whitepaper and relies on biztards to explain a coins technical side.Sounds legit.

>other people were cleverer than me, it's the coin's fault
Retarded nigger.

I can see value in ven e.g., KCN is great if it is what I assume: locking in prices / hedging.
My first cvrypto purchase was ripple at 25 cents literally hours before it moved up. Already sold most of it though.
You must be one of those brainlets telling people about 'muh dollar has nothing backing it' and think fiat is replaced by crypto soon.
You children make me laugh.

>I'm a stock market pro

It's a great test. If even people who shill for it can't explain why it will go up in price there is no need to read some korean methheads vision for 2050 in some whitepaper, I'd rather read a book.

A stockmarket pro who got in to crypto in december.Oh lawd!

Don't know whether to trust pajeet threadmaker or 25% drop in value of bags after conference.

You're making yourself sound stupider with every post. VEN = value in rewards from network usage = the same as ICX. XRP = no fucking inherent value. You're a literal retard mate.

>I'm a stock market pro

Believe what you want, I seriously don't care.
Taught everything to myself, run a fund with 40% return yoy and did some of the best trades in recent years like buying tesla a few cents above all time low or buy into canopy growth or norwegian energy when they were under 2 usd.
Keep listening to these autistic children instead.
Or properly shill me on ICX.

This shit is going to the moon within the next couple of weeks, I don’t care what anyone has to say.

why does every coin I buy turn to absolute shit

So? I didn't go allin on some shitcoin like you.
I know how to build up positions and swingtrade you monglets.

this thread is officially pajeet tier trolling
Icon holder here, you guys know that was a let down conference and Moon. I'm out

Every conference sells the news.literally everytime.

>Believe what you want, I seriously don't care.
>proceeds to type an entire paragraph trying to convince people he's a "stock market pro"

>jokes aside I'm a stock market pro

>but dee whitepaper said we will be rich user!
jokes aside you will lose money on icx.
You will remember my words.

>I'm a stock market pro

What would Veeky Forums do?
should I sell some of my relatively small (450~) ICX stack to buy a bag of JNT when it hits exchanges tomorrow or wait a little while? I still want to hold this coin longterm but I think I could recoup some of the dump and possibly increase the ICX stack a bit.

imagine being this deluded and retarded all at once

>I'm mad that it had a SHIT moon and sell off,
Get fucked newfag.

If you've been in this market for a long time (which I suspect you got in during early December), you'd realise a sell off always happens with every event. Unless you get something like XLM and IBM partnering up, then that shit will moon hard, otherwise, it'll just get dumped.

Look at what happened with Neo, and look where it is today. This will happen to ICX.