Sure hope you sold user

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/tx/0xb08fb4ec0b3c7ed15579fa65c84778296f858d48e51b86e140f5ce5350ce029f
etherscan.io/tx/0x233107922bed72a4ea7c75a83ecf58dae4b744384e2b3feacd28903a17b864e0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistake_(contract_law)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat-finger_error
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I sure did.

AHHHHHHH MY MAKER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS EXPLOIT IS SO EASY HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY DIDNT I READ THE CODE

Fucking knew it. You are all retarded faggots that deserve to lose your money in such a clearly stupid scheme. IT'S NAMED PONZI COIN FOR FUCKS SAKE

Ethereum will get fucked like it’s supposed to, not to mention the shitcoins.

Bitcoin will reign as the king it always was.

the blue blood moon last night will bring out the blue wojaks as the prophecy predicted

Can somebody Explain Like I'm twelve?

Finally a bug known for months, exploited by clever black hats in a market that was so delusional that it refused to recognise it finally gets publicity.

This time Vitalik will die for sure.

Retards bought into a Ponzi scheme and got exit scammed. They are now buying into FUD about erc20 token exploits because they are in denial about getting exit scammed.

Bump for eth bloodbath

It's called buffer overflow, it's been around for ages, stfu, money skeleton knows his shit

Theres a bug that allows eth """"smart"""" contracts to be drained. Lots are vunerable.

fucking samefag
FUD

yeah buddy
only smart contracts that were coded by fucking monkeys like the ponzicoin

just like duping items in mmorpg..
exactly like that. lmao

bec NEO based tokens is the new shit =))))
go buy zpt or stay poor

honey, the only thing that gave ants value have been normies looking for something that hasn't mooned yet in their opinion. Trust in crypto is gone, no more fiat coming in. But you will hold sweetheart, because you hate money

If you had only bought Stellar Lumens...

Eth can just hardfork their protocol to recover the coins anyways
they did this last time and no one cared
who gets to decide when ethereum is forked to recover funds or not because if a hacker get away with money without a fork who's to say the foundation isn't involved

Yeah learned about this in both Operative Systems and Security classes 3 years ago. it's pretty well known in the programming world

pres fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff to spit on grave

>mfw monkeys can code better than I do

>pajeets aren't hired to write lots of monkey code
Rethink that user

yeah sure because ETH hodlers give a flying fuck about your FGT token that's gonna change the way you take it up the ass in a decentralized fashion.

you just answered why ETH will never flip btc
its a centralized shitcoin
they could steal your coins anyday and theres nothing you could do about it
one of the eth dev team or a higherup in the foundation even said he doesent like that there are some people with 10k coins

lol. this bitch exploit only works when not using overflow safe math. any non-scam tokem uses overflow safe math.

youre a fucking idiot op

romanian fud

>programmers don't make mistakes
>every other smart contract is safe!

shows how new you are then. using a safe math library or a cap is the first thing any non shitcoin token does. this is already a solved issue

As long as it isn't clear for the market what erc 20 scam is safe and which isn't, eth will bleed. And looking at overall crypto sentiment, sub 500 and less is more than possible

user literally everything in your image is wrong. A bunch of retards who can't read basic code are trying to diagnose an error that is much simpler than they're expecting.

There's no elaborate loophole and the math all works fine. They literally just sent tokens from the wrong address AFTER checking all the values. That's all. They missed a variable.

There's no special loophole, just a fucking typo on the part of incompetent devs rushing out their pyramid contract.

so what you're saying is my cryptokitties are safe
thank god

You wouldn't have seen it even if you read it. Investing money in crypto is indicative of the kind of careless person who would not see an buffer overflow exploit.

>No True Scotsman fallacy
Yeah man we'll see how many of yesterdays goodcoins becomes tomorrows shitcoins when they discover their contract wallets drained

They didn't even really need to use SafeMath, and almost all tokens that don't use it are still fine.

They properly checked all their values to guarantee that overflow was impossible. The problem is they then started using the wrong variable - one that led to a value they didn't check because it was the wrong variable to be using in the first place.

LMAO I've never been in a screen shot before thanks user!

I love Vlad he's real af

Do any of you actually know what a buffer overflow is? This is not a buffer overflow.

Was it that same dev dude who chimed in on his disgust at people becoming "the new financial elite just because they bought years earlier"?

I fucking hate that guy.

Just to clear up the misconception here, the 0xFFF... transaction here:
etherscan.io/tx/0xb08fb4ec0b3c7ed15579fa65c84778296f858d48e51b86e140f5ce5350ce029f

Did NOT pass because of some special overflow error. It passed because HE ACTUALLY FUCKING DID HAVE THAT MANY TOKENS. That transaction worked 100% as intended. There were NO BUGS INVOLVED in the processing of that transaction.

This is the REAL transaction where he gave himself all those tokens:
etherscan.io/tx/0x233107922bed72a4ea7c75a83ecf58dae4b744384e2b3feacd28903a17b864e0

This worked because of the bug in the code that assumed he was trying to send HIS OWN tokens rather than someone else's tokens that he was approved for (the latter being the actual intent of the function called). Because he had no tokens, sending the MINIMUM amount of tokens possible (exactly 1, which means the smallest possible decimal value of any given token) caused it to UNDERFLOW. The math all worked fine and was properly checked, the real problem is that it tried to send tokens from the wrong fucking address, which is how underflow was made possible.

No other contract has this bug because none are as poorly programmed as this piece of garbage was.

This has nothing to do with ETH, you retards. ETH isn't at fault here, whoever wrote the shitty token contract is. The vulnerability isn't on ETH, but on the token alone.

Nothing will happen to ETH. Get fucked, tards.

>implying normies care for code or can read it and wont listen to msm telling them eth is buggy
Delusional techies

Yea? Where's all those articles telling everyone that ETH is bugged and has backdoors? Nowhere? Nice.
You're the delusional one here. No one knows about PoWH. It's an obscure ponzi token that got shilled on Veeky Forums and nothing else. No MSM, not even obscure tech sites, are going to be reporting on it. Retards put their money on a ponzi token and got scammed, this happened multiple times since the inception of crypto, and will keep happening. Nothing new here or worthy of being mentioned.
Stay mad, faglord.

thanks man i hope these niggers will finally understand

Thanks user, doing god's work. As a brainlet with no programming knowledge it's frustrating to see people make claims back and forth without showing their logic.

>Yea? Where's all those articles telling everyone that ETH is bugged and has backdoors? Nowhere? Nice.
Old Media is slow as shit, give it a few days.

The only thing Old Media will be reporting on in a few days is that Bitcoin was officially overtaken by Ethereum.
Get fucked, grandpa.

This is such a pathetic FUD attempt, makes me laugh

>Stay mad, faglord.
you seem to be the one mad dog ITT. faceberg will catch on in a few hours, Bloomberg in the evening and your local paper over the course of the next days you delusional money hating poor fag coiner

>eth is vunerable to a bug in your """smart""" contract losing all your money irrevocably
>guise smart contracts are the future, there is nothing possibly wrong with the eth model!

Have you bugtested other contracts or looked for the same vunerability in others?

>Eth can just hardfork their protocol to recover the coins anyways

he won't fork again, they didn't fork for parity at end of last year, and that was like 100 million at the time, probably more like 200 million now.

Do make sure to make threads on here when that happens. I know you won't though, because nothing will happen.

ETH isn't vulnerable to jack shit. The network merely executed what the contract told it to do and worked flawlessly. Blame the monkey who wrote the contract, not the network for executing it.

>hurr durr my server on Amazon's server got hacked because I fucked up and had a backdoor on my code, hackers managed to steal all my databases and client's data
>it's obviously Amazon's fault that I fucked up my code!
This is you.

>The network merely executed what the contract told it to do and worked flawlessly.
Yeah and real contracts are voided by mistakes:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistake_(contract_law)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat-finger_error

The concept of """smart""" contracts is premised on false assumptions of human infallibility at it's core

You realize there's a testnet, right? Where developers can test this shit out properly and figure out if stuff is fucked or not?
You also realize that all enterprise grade software has multiple teams whose purpose is to develop, test and attempt to penetrate systems in order to prove that they're infallible, yes?
Do you honestly believe that systems such as ATMs and banking aren't tested left and right for years before they actually go into production? The same will happen with proper smart contracts in ETH. They'll never see the light of day until companies are abso-fucking-lutely sure that nothing will break or get exploited.

This literal ponzi shitcoin was old stolen code with one line changed to have a different name. It got exploited using the oldest trick in the book when it comes to exploiting. A guy fresh out of college could've done this exploit by just looking at the code, and it would've never passed any sort of testing in a controlled enterprise environment. But obviously, the pajeets who developed this didn't even look twice at it before launching their ponzi for quick profits.

Keep FUDing all you want. This changes nothing for ETH.

>he thinks tech wise money made him rich
Get a load of this delusional money hating coiner

I feel like such a brainlet with this shit. Is it still safe to just buy ETH and hodl?

This is not a buffer overflow, stop trying to sound smart retard

I have. Not literally every contract, but enough of them. If you give me an example I can tell you whether a bug like that exists in it.

I can tell you that no typical ERC-20 token has this bug because the meat of the bug is a special function unique to the ponzi coin, whereby anyone transferring tokens to the contract itself are considered "selling" the coins, but their "selling" function is always processed from the perspective of the sender of the MESSAGE rather than the person whose tokens are being sold. These are not always the same thing due to the approve/transferFrom functions of the ERC-20 standard.

This was an absolutely elementary error. To give you an idea of how obvious this mistake is, it's roughly on par with programming a "send" function that reverses sender and receiver. This isn't a mistake that anyone could make - only really REALLY bad programmers who are also sleep deprived and rushing out a first draft of a contract could possibly make. Neither a good sleep deprived programmer nor a well-rested terrible programmer could possibly have made this error, only when both are combined can something this bad be published. And it goes without saying that not a single other person ever glanced at the code before then as well.

If you have to ask...

this is fud you fuckin idiots

>really REALLY bad programmers who are also sleep deprived and rushing out a first draft of a contract

This is pajeets work

Oh, now I see why people are getting so confused. The fucking developer of the coin doesn't even know what the bug was, he's the one spreading the 0xFFF... "stack overflow" lies and claiming there are other tokens with that problem. He literally doesn't know how his contract managed to lose several hundreds of ETH, and he's hoping the tech illiterates who listen to him will accept that it's some widespread issue with ERC-20 tokens (it's not) rather than his own absolutely terrible code.

People threw their ETH into a barely comprehensible smart contract written by a guy who does not even know what the fuck a stack overflow is. Jesus fucking Christ.