THE FLIPPENING - IMPLICATIONS

So as it stands right now, ETH is at 67% of BTC's marketcap

flippening.watch/

word on the street is that BTC will recover soon and this percentage is going to go down considerably.

HOWEVER, lets say it doesn't. Lets say this number goes to 80%, 90% and then... THE FLIPPENING

What happens to all the alts who only have BTC as their trading pair?

Again I really want to stress. This thread is not for "Heh you are so delusional, there will never be a flippening!" Because if you don't see this as a (perhaps unlikely) possibility at this point, you are mentally retarded and should seek guidance.

Other urls found in this thread:

thesun.co.uk/tech/5471189/earth-magnetic-poles-flip-effects-blackout/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

flippening would kill (down to maybe 1-3k) BTC and crash a lot of coins. then eth would moon to maybe 10k and suffer similar problems as btc (slow, expensive trades).

then NEO takes over and i buy a lambo

>muah flipping
bch failed, xrp failed and a buggy slow gen 0.5 network like gayterum will fail to.

again read the thread before you post you drooling retard.

I was thinking about this but it's impractical for a few reasons.

Not only does btc have to come down but eth has to go up.

Since btc is bottoming and eth is topping there is considerable resistance.

Since eth has a far higher emission rate there is incredible incentive for miners to sell eth right now

Looking at it from pure trading perspective given the divergence over the past couple weeks, of you didn't sell btc and buy eth a couple weeks ago you missed the cycle and doing so now is super risky.

newfag detected

do you not see the collusion that is going on with btc? like 'they' are going to put effort into controlling btc and let it fall off the map. look into the lightning network

let's assume BTC and ETH are both equally good to HODL

right now, if you have a 1000 LINK and you want to sell, you'd want to sell into LINK/BTC instead of LINK/ETH pair, since BTC is weaker, right? you'd be able to get more of BTC, right?

Smart money has been out of BTC since 15k+. that's when I sold. Never sold a single ETH except to buy some alts. ETH has a future, BTC doesn't as it exists now. Just my two cents

Why would you have any LINK in the first place

>they think eth is a good coin

nobody thinks ETH is a good coin

It's just marginally better than BTC and in position to claim the top spot

Lightning is shit.

>as it exists now. Just my two cents
just as an example, seeking attention since i know LINK is Veeky Forums-approved

>word on the street is that BTC will recover soon
i dunno, mang. it's probably the same smug cunts who were running around proclaiming that the last sub 10k was the dip and everyone was an idiot to not buy it.

i hate this log scale chart personally, but those same smug cunts will post it everytime they want to hide the fact that we are now 50% from dec highs.

they never draw the support trendline either.
i'm not saying we're going to 4k, but we're definitely going to 8k before 20 again.

a slow btc bleed out would be ideal for eth.

The flippening if it happens won't happen over night like all you retards think

The vast majority of trading pairs are in btc. We would need more eth pairs before people would stop holding btc altogether

It was always the best scaling solution, it works, and it will be implemented.

I honestly think that ETH has more pairs than BTC at this point. Most coins are ETH tokens

is there any coin without a btc pair

if BTC drops quickly and ETH drops less quickly, we can have a flippening at only 4K BTC!

This guy cryptoes

wow a trendline, something so simple an 8 year old can understand it, im sure thats a reliable predictor for anything at all

This is how I see it playing out:
>flippening happens
>exchanges add every alt to the ETH market
>ETH traffic increases drastically
>network bogs down
>confirmations take days
>unflippening happens

Mines better.

>implications
thesun.co.uk/tech/5471189/earth-magnetic-poles-flip-effects-blackout/

I think eth is gud

it just dropped 10 billion should i sell my eth and buy back or is it going to recover?

>the sun
>scientifically literate
Have a read up about magnetic pole shift, it's interesting shit but it's about as big a deal as Y2K only this time you don't actually have to take preventative measures.

>thesun.co.uk

This board is so fucking low IQ man

>bragging about your IQ using ricky gervais
And reddit spacing? My man!

sharding and plasma coming, boy.

>tfw never been on reddit
>been on the chan since 2008
>has always used spacing after citations
This feels weird like hell.

paid poster spotted