VAN LIFE

Here's a good solution for all of you that are rekt/suicidal as of today.

You can get this whole setup for about $2000 and go wherever you want until you recoup.

youtu.be/_k3TSZMdeWQ?t=153

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BAy4Pi52MMU
youtube.com/watch?v=z417pTeaCws
hobolifestyle.com/2017/03/spending-and-making-money-during.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YEzx3L_Rx7g
eevblog.com/
airstream.com/travel-trailers/basecamp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keep this bumped as the market continues to plummet...

Welp cant say I didnt try

What do you do when you want to take a dump.

Or you can use designated street

Some variation of this, with a bag...

>wherever I want in frozen Canada
Oh great OP I guess I can die of cold in Vancouver or Edmonton now.

fuck a van that looks NOT comfy
a motorhome MINIMUM

you used to post this gay shit on b and pol too. fucking hillbilly.

Cops constantly harassing you to move your van? No thanks

why do you faggots steal my idea a week after I start looking this shit up

gonna steal your parking spot in the walmart parking lot too.

Its a last ditch solution for anyone that lost everything, nothing wrong with having a backup plan besides suicide.

no no, suicide is the backup solution. goddamn. have some dignity.

seriously i started looking into this as a way to temporarily escape loud ass neighbors and have some peace no matter how fucked up it is. This was an affordable way until crypto hit it off again. FUCK DELET THIS

I'll buy this when I'm rich and travel the world.

trucker life is like vanlife, but you get paid for it

10 a month for a gym membership with showers.

Dont be such a fucking pussy.

Oh and that wasnt me faggot...

Yeah but you have to drive like 20 hours a day, and smoke meth to stay awake so you can meet your deadlines.

I guess it's a bad time to cross illegally into the US isn't it

What's hilarious is my family came illegally to Canada like 4 generations ago, but it's too long to get citizenship back from the states.

I was hoping to get together enough for a US investors visa, but... doesn't look like that will happen for a long while yet.

hahahah did they promise to leave the country if bush got elected

Do you know how long a generation is?

This was in like the 1800s.

Its 4.5 hours, 45minute break and 4.5 hours again in europe. 9 hours daily doesnt seem so horrible actually.

If you’re going to go out take some bankers with you.

google lied to me

Come to think of it how fucking retarded are homeless people not to just save up 2 grand for this? Are they just all complete drug addicts/mentally ill or what?

Insurance, license and registration, gas, etc. are expensive.

It really sucks because I still feel somewhat attached to america, and like I have a stake in its future, even though I can't live there right now. It's an odd feeling.

theyre mentally ill junkies, get real

You dont need any of that shit besides gas, at least temporarily.

better question, why homeless ppl wont get a job?

Its an interesting and sad cycle. Being homeless can make you mentally ill, making it harder to break out of homelessness. Saw an article about an experiment they did once with normies, where they dropped them in a totally different city in the country and they couldn't contact anyone they knew, within a few days of living on the street, they exhibited signs of schizoid personality disorder.

because theyre on drugs and cant work,hold it down

Ror Feel though, is this how low Veeky Forums has gotten? Van fucking life? I mean it's obviously better than suicide but on a spectrum of shitting in your penthouse to shitting in the street, it is literally shitting in the street only with your lil box around you.

I think it would be a fun way to spend in a year or so in your youth, have you never been in nature/camped its pretty cool actually.

Im just interested in alternative solutions for helping out common folk who cant read good and want to learn to do other things good too, nom sayin?

I understand, and have contemplated buying one myself (real ones start at $20K and NICE ones are 80-100K), it's just so antithetical to the usual american psycho meets american history x Veeky Forums that I know.

I'm literally posting this from my bed in van while I have a 300k crypto portfolio.
Trust me, it's not worth it.
Van life is a meme.
The only reason it's an option for millennials is because they have no ambitions in life.
Anyone who wants a family or a career or a legacy will never achieve it while keeping up with the day in day out tasks of van life.
You will never have responsibilities and no one will ever trust you to be responsible. Take that as you will.
A man is not valued for his wealth but for his wager.

Dump in a Walmart obviously. Jesus no wonder biz lacks the critical thinking needed to see an obvious bubble

I have multiple streams of passive income plus the work I do is usually a couple of months all-in, a couple of months nothing, so having a van wouldn't be bad for those times. But yeah, probably not worth it full time.

Were you broke before you made 300k in crypto or wtf are you doing?

My plan is to live like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=BAy4Pi52MMU

Is life only about making a family? How many people having families dont raise their children correctly?

Biz is no where near as successful as the guy in American psycho. And I'd rather live in a van than getting fucked in prison

youtube.com/watch?v=z417pTeaCws

>the woods
>public toilets
>the gym (where you shower)
>restaurants, gas stations, convenience stores, bars
>portable toilet (composting, chemical, hell a bucket that you seal and empty later)

>vans
>not comfy

For a decade this guy as backpack around the world for an incredible low cost. Difficult to estimates because he has student debt but he says it cost him 2-6k a year, all costs.

hobolifestyle.com/2017/03/spending-and-making-money-during.html

unironically getting everything together to do this

YOU'RE GONNA LIVE IN A VAN
DOWN BY THE RIVER

>no rent
>no water bill
>no electricity bills cuz of solar
>fuck all in LPG for the stove
>only expenditure in petrol, food and insurance for the vehicle

Why people living in vans will not buy travel trailer instead? Van is too small to take a shower, take a shit, have air conditioning and cook. Get real, plebs.

youtube.com/watch?v=YEzx3L_Rx7g

>thieves can drive your home away while you're in the bathroom at a gas station
>police can hassle you for being drunk at home, and might even jail you
>police can take your home to an impound lot and make you pay to get it released
>easy prey for criminals
Yeah, nah.

>living somewhere with crime
>not locking your doors
>thinking theives are gunna drive away with a piece of shit van instead of the sports car parked there instead
>police caring about drinking in public where I live
>keeping valuable shit in your van

Shower with a camp shower if you can't shower in the places mentioned earlier (work, gyms etc). Can literally fill a bag with warm water and hang it from a tree branch. Can also rig black PVC pipes to the roof you fill with water and sunlight heats that too.

Can shit heaps of places and use one of these in case you need to shit RIGHT NOW.

>aircon
git gud

>implying you need anything more than a small table and a camping stove to cook.

this is un-ironically why I want to make it in crypto,

I'm in my last semester of college with no real direction, put what what was left of my savings in crypto ($4.5k) september/october with goal of having $10k before I set off on a trans-am bike tour for 3 or 4 months this summer,

now I wonder if I could make enough to build the start of financial independence, take a portion to buy a half size school bus and do a full scale custom rv build then travel around working odd jobs, hiking camping, trading crypto, hopefully pick up a few trades and find a place to put down a small homestead.

although depending on what you want out of van life or are willing to settle for how often you travel, what climate you're in, your monthly expenditure could range from a few hundred a month to a few thousand, and buildout and gear could be anywhere from 5k to 50K (theoretically no upper limit but 50k seems like it would get you top end gear and custom fabrication in almost every area)

hopefully by the time I start to realize my bus goals I would have a semi-serious gf with similar lifestyle so we can have the monetary advantage of two incomes and one roof, and so that I have a partner to adventure with

I've been planing my conversion in my head for a while, thinking half size or 2/3rd size school bus, small enough to go anywhere but big enough to comfortably fit two or three people full time,

fully insulated, beef up suspension/breaks/tires/bumper/winch/lights for off-road capability, mount on back for a few bicycles, maybe a touring/adventure motorcyle,
full solar, with solar water heater,
large pop top (also acts as vent), some extendable awning with bug screen, front end barrier that you can seal off, compost toilet, with quick connect shower head from solar tank in those tiny shower cubicles (in case weather is too poor for outdoor shower) fresh and grey water tanks, maybe extra fuel tank (diesel of course) one or two burner LPG gas stove (preferably removable so I can cook outside if I want), pump for sink, decent kitchen/storage, living area that converts to extra bed incase pop top is out of action or need to fit others, enough tools and camping supplies to do decent repairs on bus/bikes and survive numerous days if broken down, or far from civilization and make it comfy as fuck.

ideally, I'd like a way to put in custom windows so I can have locking storm shutters for protection/privacy/bad weather, and then also have a black out layer, mesh vent layer, and some type of regular blinds, combine this with the front divider I mentioned and you essentially have a protected shelter, this would also help with insulation,
I'm not quite sure what to do with heating/cooling though, I'd like to be able to take it into more extreme climates and I won't hang around colorado winters or arizona summers without some kind of air system, I would rather not have a wood stove/heater, maybe something that could do dual LPG/electricity would work if kept to minimal use

anyway, it's still a total pipe dream, but it would be amazing

great places for food are out back of stores that sell prepackaged goods,
Starbucks are great and are everywhere, groceries are also amazing, most prepackaged foods have a sell by date that's way to conservative,

big box stores also like to toss out stock when they have to put up new stock or do rotatinos, but those dumpsters are harder to get into, large office building ofter just toss old hardware and computers when they get upgrades. they work on contracts most of the time so equipment will be overhauled even if not absolutely necessary, just watch out because sometimes part of the contract includes collection of old equipment.
generally if there is no lock, give it a try,
eevblog.com/ has a bunch of videos about his dumpster finds wit computers and stuff,

you can also dig for scrap but be careful because blue collar guys aren't as friendly and contractors don't like liability of people digging through contraction waste, also avoid actual construction sites because you'll be accused of stealing.

if you are in one place for a while, you can try to find contractors or small construction firms to form relationships with and see if they'll let you sort through their dumpster for shit, you can offer a portion of the scrap value to ease the deal, although this would also require a way to transport a few hundred pounds of scrap between construction sites dumpster cites and recycling centers. coper is still best investment though

No it's not like "the van life" you pony fucker. The whole time you're speeding down highways hoping you make it on time otherwise you're fired.

Stop force-bumping your Pedo-van thread
That being said
>Mitsubishi Delica

>what is sage dingus

>t. not a truck driver
whatever you say friendo :^)

>summer
fans and vents, just fight through the heat.

>winter
wood or gas stove. just make sure you have a Carbon Monoxide monitor. Hot water bottles are really good too.

I used to drive trucks. It's shit.

What you do now? W

airstream.com/travel-trailers/basecamp/
I would love one of these fuckers desu
set it up in national parks

Van life is the current nauseating hipster trend, hardly a novel idea. The reality is more like OP's video than the majority of the latte sipping, gym going 'free spirits' on youtube.