/smg/ - Stock Market General

...edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest.
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous 7171645

Other urls found in this thread:

crweworld.com/article/news-provided-by-globenewswire/222273/impinj-announces-preliminary-fourth-quarter-2017-revenue-reduced-outlook-for-first-quarter-2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

S. Told y’all yesterday.

NOK is my only friend this morning. Thank God for the Finns.

HOLY SHIT NAK TO THE MOON

BUYOUT IMMINENT
UP 300% PREMARKET

*then i wake up*

Literally all my stocks down what the fuck is this fucking shit.

Haha just a market correction right guys?

I wish I sold Monday. Now I'm hodl till I crash and burn. L-long term right haha yeah.

nice fucking market

Feds fucked everything up again, can't have good things happen under Adolf Drumpfler

Hows NAK doing guys?

FBI about to be exposed, gov shutdown imminent on Feb 8th and there won't be any solution for a while

I'm down 8k this week.
Only winner is sprint and it's not even breaking where it was just this monday.

Bull market might be over.

.89 cents, down from .93 yesterday.

>TRXC
>BPMX

>check stocks
>down a lot
>refresh
>keep going down

Anyone done their taxes yet? When I go to see my tax documents in RH it says they will become available in Feb. Alas, it is the Feb.
Does RH normally email your tax documents or are they supposed to be found right in the app? I want to get this shit knocked out and I'm just waiting on RH.

oh shit i forgot about my taxes

Re-invested all of my free money into averaging down on my #WEED stocks. FFRMF and MYMMF absolutely fucking murdering me, though, fuck.

It would be nice to sink more money into the market seeing as it’s down anyways. I already got my td Ameritrade tax statement so idk.

Fucking shit

>Tfw down 10% today.
>Tfw no face

the market is fucking stupid why didn't i just dump everything into amazon and hold that seems like all you had to do. everything in and just ignore it :/

get used to waiting until march to do your taxes, most brokers dont have their stuff ready until mid/late feb

Question: when shorting a stock how long does it usually take until your broker wants their money back?

>> March
So you mean I gotta do em early?

>2weeks ago 11k profit
>Now 4k profit
>And it just keeps on dropping
Should I invest in ROPE?

no idea what you mean. you have until april to file your taxes.

you're borrowing stock, not money. you can hold shorts as long as you want as long as you have the appropriate amount of funds available

They don't care how long you hold a short position because they're racking up short fees and interest every day you have the position open.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks guys

Thanks weed stocks. It hurts only a little..
Even you small fucks that don't have anywhere to fall are down.
Well at least they're soon on a level where they were before any climbs, so they simply can't fall too much lower.

So what do you guys think will be the lowest NAK falls to before it starts bouncing back? 0.5? 0.4?
>inb4 zero

Tfw poorfag with only 500 in stocks and barely feel the dip.

why do you ask people who are unable to predict the future, to predict the future? just curious.

Just put all my savings into Disney so I can gobble the bounce when Netflix shits the bed

SIRI is my only stock in the green right now. And I got that for free. End me now please

I bet you barely feel the moon too

Because he secretly has an opinion, then when someone says something close, he takes it as reassurance of his idea.

I am only asking about opinion and who knows, maybe some of the people on Veeky Forums are secretly crystal ball gypsies.

Best birthday gift.

I feel ya man. Down 40-50% since last week on unrealized gains. Fucking weed stocks.

This is true. Adding about six hundred a month though.

Ok, someone give me the rundown on AMRS. Do they really have some revolutionary new world-changing technologies up their sleeve or is it all a bunch of hype and buzzwords? It looks like they might actually turn a small profit in 2018 and their revenue has been increasing for the last couple of years so that's a good sign at least. On the other hand, if there was so much huge upwards potential for the company then why haven't the big fish gobbled up all the shares yet?

It looks like the share price is gonna keep declining for the time being so I'm just going to sit on my hands and wait for a really good entry point if there ever is one.

It's retarded how every single one of them is falling so hard.
We might as well be playing with crypto, despite these being actual companies involved in a growing sector.
No fucking difference to magic internet money.

why would anyone's opinion hold any weight when you know they can't predict the future? seems like a fools errand.

>when you know they can't predict the future?

I can totally predict the future, just saying

It was great for scalping back in latter part of 2016. It was 1.00 and would go up and down .01 like a heart beat. Made thousands then. Right now I'm kinda skeptical and you should be too. I'd watch it and if it recovers from its decline then I would buy in small

Is that why everything is fucked? It doesn't seem like enough to hit the market this hard.

Seems more like a blowoff to me. The market was due for a correction after everything shot up so much in January and stuff like the FBI memo and looming shutdown is a good excuse to cause a small panic sell over a week or so. If you've got any cash sitting on the sidelines then it's looking like a good time to buy in for a lot of companies.

Canadian tickers gapped down this morning however there is a rally in progress. Could be dead cat bounce but the weekly RSI on most of them indicates if there is more dropping the RSI is going sub-10 and could hit zero. Statistically greed should start to kick in and trigger a flood of money from buyers looking for cheap entry points. I wish i had more cash to do so but i'm tapped out since Monday (thought THAT was the bottom).

>NAK

hows black friday folks

We're currently at late November 2017 prices. It's brutal.

What Canadian weed tickers are you guys buying? How can a burger get into the game?

>Get in on AKER at 0.161 sell before the jump to 0.44
>get in on IBIO at 0.171 sell before it hits 0.20
>Get in on BPMX at 0.181 hodl like a moron and it tanks to 0.14.

Guess I'm bag holding all weekend.

>investing in an arctic countries market in a tropical drug

Wait until Southern States start legalizing it

Probably just go in on the MJX etf. Or buy one of the big three through otc market (ACB, APH, WEED). All three are capable of doubling from current price before summer. Just don't be a moron like me and make sure to secure profits with stop loss orders. If i had done that i would have had tons of free cash to buy in on these crash prices.

Canada has a huge greenhouse farming sector that's propped up with government subsidies and cheap natural gas. I live in Texas and most of the cherry tomatoes in my local grocery store come from Canada every winter.

Thanks, I'll look into those.

>Wait until Southern States start legalizing it

never gonna happen

You don't think so? One of those nigger states will smell the cash eventually

Florida maybe, but the rest of the bible belt absolutely not.

More valuable politically to keep arresting niggers and making as many of them felons as they can so they can disenfranchise the black (Democrat) voters. Legalizing would bring in a little extra tax money in exchange for reducing the amount of niggers who will have criminal records in the future which would hurt the Republicans in the long term.

Your fault for investing in imaginary paper money.

My worry would be some Denzel Chimbongo winning a gubernatorial seat but I suppose good old Dixie probably has systems to restrict anyone in that case

Luckily most of those types flare out as the mayor of a large city or the representative of an urban congressional district because they can't into government corruption without getting caught.

Can I get help to find a broker to manage an investment account worth 100k€ in Eastern Europe ? Thx bros.

PI over reaction to some downgrades from pre er news

crweworld.com/article/news-provided-by-globenewswire/222273/impinj-announces-preliminary-fourth-quarter-2017-revenue-reduced-outlook-for-first-quarter-2018

Looks to be coming back up from here

Everyone buy ATOS, BPTH and NLST while its cheap! To the MOON!

sold AKER yesterday at 0.33

Fucking end me now

>down 44%

kek

Anyone else getting fucked by lithium? GXY and LAC here. Muh gains

Alabama just filed decriminalization bill to the senate yesterday. ((Polls)) also indicate majority support for legal in that state.

Looking like Canadian weed rally might have some legs to it. I'm seeing tightening price swings on an upward trend (higher highs and higher lows). Typically that kind of pattern indicates potential breakout and trend reversal. "Breakout" doesn't necessarily mean much relative to the all time high here but it does indicate bottom may have been hit.

Shit. As soon as i wrote that the pattern broke. No green today.

i boutht aker yesterday at 32 and sold at 36 and now its taken off to Mars past 60 how bad should I feel

Holy shit this market is fucked up.

Surely you should ask 2ch or some shit. That's serious dough to be trusting to Anonymous memers

What the hell happened

Hi sir pls sned details and i will give u each and every thing u need sir

Dumbasses thinking this should track btc price

I don't see anything unusual there.

Can someone redpill me on MU? What should we expect in the short to mid term? I've been hodling for a while now and I'm unsure whether to continue to hodl. It was supposed to be pretty bullish starting off the year but it has been stagnant.

Smart people getting out

Same thing that's been happening for months, AMD peaks around $13-$14 and then falls back down to ~$10. It's the easiest swing trade in the world.

*buys into UVXY it goes down*
*sells UVXY it goes up*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I want off this ride.

AMD = poo

HAHAHA its your turn now

t. non-no-coiner

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Between smartphone and GPU demand for memory they're gonna be running at full capacity and still won't be able to produce enough to meet demand for the foreseeable future. Price of memory has also skyrocketed over the last year so they're going to be insanely profitable in 2018. The stock will probably stagnate through February and finally pick up sometime in March before their next ER comes out. After that I expect it to steadily climb until $60 or so.

Dummy, set a limit sell at a price above your buy in

Great, thanks user

Except we eventually recover

MU is the new AMD stock wise

$50000 EOY

Thanks guys. Yet I'm srsly about some serious companies tips.. plx

>down 3% off all time highs

checked

noice

Why's everything in the red?