Gold is a good hedge against inflation

>gold is a good hedge against inflation
>gold is secure
>it's deflationary like crypto
Give me 3 good arguments to go from crypto into gold instead of stocks or other stuff. Protip you cant.

Gold is shiny and you can hold it in your hands and it has industrial value

>gold down
>silver down more
>stocks down

Why did I ever listen to you fucking faggots? If I wasn't bagholding silver this last year and holding nasdaq I'd be up 100x my money. I'm barely up 2x on stocks. down on silver. why do faggots recommend this shit?

Silver is a very long term hold dumbass

Ok faggot I traded 3 bitcoin for silver when bitcoin was 4.5k upon the advice of faggots like you

go fuck yourself

Hold it for ten years retard

Show the chart from 2002

Every asset has it’s time in the sun... only idiots were stacking gold when the S&P was less than 15p/e

Gold or gold miners, 10% to 25% or whatever of all All Weather Portfolio, makes sense

>only takes a decade to increase in value

How about you hold my dick for ten years grandpa

Wait 30 years

You can also buy gld and slv calls with insane leverage to make some nice short-term gains.

For long-term positions, precious metals are nice because their value isn't strongly correlated with stocks & bonds.

>you can gamble on forex options!!

And you call crypto holders gamblers and speculators.

Wait gold was at 1500 in 2013? I bout my first gold that year at 1300 wtf is that chart?

>Protip you cant.
A slightly less shitty thread died for this.

>Government goes to shit because of hyperinflation
>Need to escape country
>Let me just bring these 50 gold bars onto my plane

vs.

>Buy Monero
>Have a Swiss bank in my pocket that I can access whenever I have internet
>Literally can be stored in a USB drive

when fiat collapses, this will probably be a good hedge

>I listened to a sumerian crochet enthusiast website's business forum and made a bad call based off that :(

The best part about Veeky Forums is watching all the newfags listening to Veeky Forums

Buy Moria token. It's a security token that pays dividends in ETH quarterly stemming from revenue from a goldmine by holding the token.

Arguably themail easiest 10x+ this year

except you shill retards can't just sya

>well I recommended silver for the last year and anyone who listened to me lost out

Nope, you double, triple, quadruple down, throw more good money after bad, psychotically repeat "hold longer" while it fails to even keep pace with inflation

I do both. Theres a small fraction of my portfolio that is just "play money" for gambling on crypto and options.

literally can be stored on a piece of paper.

Good, so you admit silver and "precious' metals have no appeal to you and you emulate the gains seen on crypto with out of the money options (i.e. HIGHLY speculative, extremely risky, near guaranteed loss trading strategy)

Tell me again, what is the reason you buy silver for, sweetie? Is it to sell it later for a higher price, or do you plan on holding forever and ever and ever like the fairy tales say you will?

>you admit silver and "precious' metals have no appeal to you
No. I like the fact that my SPY and GLD calls usually don't go down at the same time. Diversification is good.

>out of the money options
I typically buy calls that are just barely in the money.

>near guaranteed loss trading strategy
I've been consistently beating the S&P for the last few years. That being said, I probably underperform if you look at my risk-adjusted performance (sharpe ratio etc). I'll probably get fucked by the next 2008 style crash, but I'm OK with that because I'm only gambling with money that I'm willing to lose. My real portfolio is in normie index funds.

>HIGHLY speculative, extremely risky
No shit. That's why it's fun.

Gold is not deflationary idiot

How about doing some fucking research before blindly investing and later blaming others for something YOU did?
I will never understand why people do this shit. If any asshole on the street said to you “hey buy silver, it’s going up soon” you’d give it zero credibility. But when they say it on Veeky Forums.... ooooh that changes things.