Girlfriend found out I invested in bitcoin

>girlfriend found out I invested in bitcoin
>demanding her half of my gains
>threatening to divorce me

Hey guys as it says above me my girlfriend is demanding her half of my crypto gains. We have been living commonlaw for 1 year now. I invested about 6 months into our relationship. I'm from Canada so where I live after 10 months of commonlaw the woman is entitled to 50% of everything. Yeah it's true look it up.

I thought she was the one. I was in love with her for the longest time but after she found out about me investing in bitcoin from her brothers loud mouth she is demanding her half.

I work as a carpenter up here in canada. Small home construction. I had about 75,000$ of my own saved up money from the years that I decided to toss into bitcoin last July when it was around the 3000 mark. It technically is my money from before but I invested it when I was living with her and in a relationship.

This dumb bitch can not understand crypto for the life of her. I sat her down at supper and we watched all of the Andreas antonopoulous videos about bitcoin for our meals. The dumb cunt just talked to her friends on Facebook while I tried to explain it to her she wouldn't listen.

Now she is demanding her half even after I tried to explain that it was going to be for our future family and future house to buy after the real estate crash.

Why is it so hard for women to understand delayed gratification? I'm simply only wanting to help this woman and start a family with her and she sees that I've made a few hundred thousand and wants to spend it all now.

Basically guys what the fuck do I do? She's threatening divorce if I don't give her her half. She thinks it's a scam and a ponzi and I don't know what to do. I love her to death, but I really need some advice guys. Please help me out here.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/4-myths-about-common-law-relationships-1.1315129
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hmm, atleast in my EU country tax-fags said that cryptos are not asset, it's nothing, so it don't have VAT - so you can send your btc to cold storage, hide it - and say to your waif that BTC is just digits, just mumble - so you chose to swap it rocks - and gave her 50% of rock pile you have in your hard (the gray ones maybe?)

*this is not financial advice ;))))

You better pay her up user.
Hope the judge the doesn't make you pay 40% gains tax.
> 2018 still putting up with women.
kek
just hang yourself.

she understands that you are disposable and she can get a new man pretty easily and that she's already bored with you. she knew months ago that she was only stringing you along till she could trade up. now she see's she can leave with half your stuff so why wouldn't she cash out asap. women are cold practical creatures

Dude common law in Canada only entitles her to income invested together. If the initial investment is yours she wouldn't be entitled to it in court. Common law is definitely in effect but its not as draconian as you think. Also, how are they going to prove you own any if you send it all to an exchange address or "get hacked"

and anyways, if she is threating you - no man...
life is red portfolio, life is suffering

>girlfriend found out I invested in bitcoin

you should look up what divorce means

because of common law she can file for divorce after one year of living together. She is not entitled to your personal investments though, especially unregistered ones.

>girlfriend
>divorce

Are your holding even in your country?

No you say? Then fuck her. Seriously, why are women so convinced that they are entitled to all of our money.

this user gets it

>demanding her half of my gains
so half of your debt?

OP, read this reply and internalize it for the rest of your life.

are you seriously going to stay to someone who is treating you like that?

just buy link and stall. you can watch the hope fade from her daily as her gains evaporate and she becomes a stinky linkie. the ultimate revenge

more like
>humans are cold practical creatures
trust noone

:-)

Fucking kek

>She's threatening divorce if I don't give her her half. She thinks it's a scam and a ponzi and I don't know what to do.
>I love her to death.

lol
kys?

And not a single non-degenerate in that conference hall.

say you lost most of it in a bad trade and give her 5%

>give me half of your the hard-earned money
>I will still divorce even if you do
>"no dont divrce me I want to have happy family with you"

Holy shit, you are so beta that its making me angry.

Hearty kek

I believe that in regard to this alone, she is only entitled to "the increase in value of investments from the two-year mark".

Looks like it might be time to split.

She will do that either way.
Do your research, seek legal advise, and break it off. Now that she made her move, you know where she stands. Fortunately she jumped the gun and you may be able to get out with more than if you were actually married.

your wife deserves everything due to your white male privledge

>commonlaw
Why people do this? This never ends well.

shapeshift it into monero and say you lost the private key you fucking pleb.

You fomo'ed into bitconnect/confido whatever scam you choose

>Put everything in monero

And dump her for Christ sake. There is not such thing as "the one". Watch mr. Nobody if you feel faggy enough today. It explains that pretty good.

OP I live in Canada too. First off I think your story is fake... but in the case it's not:
You do not owe her anything. Crypto is not regulated legally, and cryptocurrency is not an asset in the same way a house is. I don't understand why you can't just split up, if she has a problem with it she can take you to court and lose.

i know right. I couldn't stop cringing reading this thread.

To OP, how do you ever expect to start a family with this woman when you clearly have no penis

move it to monero and say you were scammed

Living together isn't the only requirement. The few states that still have common law marriages usually require the couple to publicly declare that they are or intend to be husband and wife through an affidavit. Simply living with someone doesn't constitute a common law marriage.

Holy kek

Just trade it all to yourself at a loss
They can't pror that some random cold storage address is yours.

If she's as dumb as you say then all the news of the tanking markets would be enough to convince her that you broke even or lost everything, then keep it a secret

>this is bait anyways or a normie coiner

>cntrl+F
>0 results for "larp"
>fuck this board!

R9K IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

LMAO.

LEAVE THE ROASTIE AND KEEP YOUR COINS AND DIGNITY. SHE LOVES YOUR MONEY NOT YOU.

Sorry for shouting/spamming but seriously dude

>She's threatening divorce if I don't give her her half
> I love her to death
Pathetic. Stand up for yourself and point out to her that if she isn't willing to be with you without stealing half your money then she clearly doesn't love you. Fucking whore, you deserve better m8

Women are adult sized children, this is why patriarchy is a necessary part of civilization.

If your woman doesn't respect your authority this far into the relationship and it doesn't sound like she does, she likely never will. This is probably due to your own fuckups, you trying to cater to her dysfunctional wants and putting her on pedestal instead of putting her in her place while at the same time providing for all her material and emotional needs. Just like you have to discipline your dog or your child you also have to discipline your woman (and potentially your friends too), and if you don't just like you would have a wild dog or an unruly spoiled child the same thing is true for your woman.

tl;dr you're already fucked

Break off now and don't talk to her or give her any bitcoin. She's going to file a divorce anyways.

>He needs someone to tell him that the OP is joking and everyone else is fucking around
I bet you're a real hoot in the Seinfeld MMO threads.

Also the fact that she is threatening divorce is a huge red flag. Just put all your shit on a brainwallet, say that you've lost it all, and get her out of your life and move on.

AHAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHH
A FUCKING LEAF

>N-no it MUST be fake! Women aren't like that clearly she wouldn't do that!

>Simply living with someone doesn't constitute a common law marriage.
It actually does in many countries.

We had this exact same thread 5 times this week.

its simple really dont go near money grabbing whores.

I just want whoever reads this to know that as soon as I read the first sentence of this post I scrolled past it, but then scrolled back to post this post.

Exactly. Canada is unreadable

Do you have a friend who is in crypto? Talk with him and send him your Coins, break up because she is a bitch and get your coins back.

>Women are adult sized children
>He said, posting on an image board centered on Japanese cartoons and froggie reaction images

this is pasta

You have to murder her or put it all into Monero and divorce her.

Get a load of this stupid roastie.

North America needs to be nuked, I really hate you degenerate faggots with your toxic ideologies and your retarded vagina-worshipping laws

as if europe is any better

Kek transfer to monero, and say you got hacked HA
Give ghat bitch 2000$ because she's a 2000$ whore, and then delete that bitch from your life, good thing she opened her mask before you impregnafed her

why would you need to send someone else your coins? there is no id requirement to create a crypto wallet. you would just send yourself the coins to another wallet you owned

>50%
I can't believe this. Requesting proof/source.

>He thinks there are girls on Veeky Forums
Is this what you tell yourself so you can tell your mom "I do TOO talk to girls!!!"?

This man has a great point. If she loves you, why is she suddenly demanding half your money when she finds out and thinks can take it? So she can keep loving you? Now that doesn't make any sense, not even from the standpoint of a woman. From her viewpoint you'd probably be pissed that she took hundreds of thousands from you, and what would the next logical step be? breakup probably. Don't fall for this shit. Do as the other anons have said and move it to cold storage somewhere, and afterwards contact a lawyer about it. Then, even if you are required to fork up the dough, say your wallet got compromised and emptied or you lost it on a drunken all-in (On some extremely low volume coin that you happen to buy back up with a secret account)

DO NOT TAKE THIS LEVEL OF BULLSHIT FROM A SUPPOSED LOVED ONE!

It is better though, it is absolutely a thousand times better. Literally the only people here who propagate your toxic ideologies are faggots that got their money or formation from american universities or from being an ameriboo.

>"FUCK, I got hacked and lost it all, that sucks"
>"Listen I don't think we're going to work out anymore so you need to move out"

Problem solved

This is the real advice.

mix the coins to a torwallet

it is better if he gives her all the money to handle, and then he steals it from her. So she thinks she got hacked and it's her fault. It shouldn't be hard considering women are retarded, you can just backup the private key or some shit.

Real talk bro, regardless of your crypto situation this woman is not marriage material any way you slice it.

Get out the relationship, hold on to as much of your money as possible, and move on. This is not the woman you want to be the mother of your children.

This is correct. Way to research OP. cbc.ca/news/canada/4-myths-about-common-law-relationships-1.1315129

>Europe
>Better than the US
This thread just keeps getting better and better. Shit. You guys can't even own guns without sucking off three government officials per day. While liberty is struggling to survive in America, it was never even born in Europe. Our worst politicians are comparable to your best.

dangerous
even if she's too retarded to do crypto she probably has a beta male orbiter somewhere who will figure this shit out for her in exchange for a pat on the back and a faked smile

Say that you lost your wallet.dat and never made a backup.

HAHAHAHAHA. ROASTIE WHORES BTFO.

>girlfriend

at least check your facts before shitposting

Shitty larp. Fucking kys if you're actually this beta.

yeah maybe, i'm not convinced

if it gets to court and if the judge has the power to side with her, he probably will. she'll cry and give whatever bs story her greasy lawyer tells her to give and the judge will award her ops money because men arre bad and women are sweet innocent creatures and ops a big mean bully that made her cry!

or maybe not. i know prenups get thrown out that way all the time.

might as well take the extra precaution of shifting your funds through some privacy coins into a wallet she doesn't know about. but even then, the record is on the blockchain. do they look at blockchains in divorce courts now? they'll see that he just moved his money provided his crytpo activites were done on an exchange in his name. but then are exchanges even giving out your personal info to divorce courts? i mean come on, i dunno

MONERO TIME

Sad truth.

Welcome to adulthood OP.

>can't even own guns

Like it was a bad thing. You burgers are truly fucking retarded

It is in Canada (or at least Ontario, where OP is probably from).

Worst case scenario he just gets "hacked". ez pz.

get out. get a real woman. and just wash all your coins to a monero wallet. and tuck it away untill this storm blows over. tell the lawyers they can have all the bitcoin you own

>girlfriend
>divorce

>Not having a right.

>Good thing.

Wanna know how I know you're a lower middle continental ? Probably french or a german.

literally every woman responds this way when they discover our gains, it's either real or a larp of a real situation

Let her divorce.
You pay 100k for getting rid of her.
That's kind off a good deal.
She's a leach and an idiot to boot.
You're way better off without her.
You just found out you are not worth 100k to her.

Not this fucking larp again

Transfer into Monero and pay to have her taken care of. Don’t get the problem.

You fucked up your copypasta

AHAHAHAHAH Canada is so fucking cucked lad

AHHAHAHAH KEK myfucking sides
common law?? i thought it was larp... ahahahah top kek
poor leaves all this femminist shit they have to put up with

Lawyer up.

ITT: gullible manchildren virgins

>1 post by this ID

If you are going to larp atleast put some fucking effort in it for fucks sake. I make the effort to reply to everyone of my (yous) and even forge bank statements just to maintain a high degree of credibility

Found OP's wife

>girlfriend
>divorce
0/10 larp

yeah fuck this
lazy ops are the worst
i'm out

Dump her you fucking retard. So many red flags in your post about her behavior. She doesn't love you, don't waste your resources on starting a family with her, it will be the worst decision of your life. And stop "loving" you fucking beta. Enjoy the feeling of a woman's devotion, but understand they can never love like you do. If you stop checking the boxes in their mind, they will leave.

Quoted for truth, OP

shut the fuck up roastie

OP listen to me closely

This bitch ones not know what love is, and if she has actually defined it in her mind other than some vague affection then she has not made a commitment to loving you

That is all
Thanks

This. Not even yourself.

>I'm a slav with a degree from nordic country
>family of doctors

wow, how did you know that?

Do they teach you sth on tv besides ripping your assholes and shouting for the RIIIIIIIGHHHHTSSSS

Your freedom ends where another person's begins, faggot.