Buy the coin dip or start mining?

What do? To date I have stayed entirely on the sidelines for everything crypto. (besides NDVA) Seem like as good an entry point as any.

I was thinking of investing 4-10k. I was just going to slowly buy in, but mining has peaked my interest. I would be paying for my own power. Should I just buy, or should I spend half building a mining rig?

I would of made more profit if I just invested instead of mining. You can mine and rest easy about values unlike the day traders.

its not a dip, you dip. its a dead cat part of the crash.

it stalled at 15k, then dropped and stalled to 11k, and now its in the 8s. guess where its going next?

20k?

mining is cost averaging with a discount for cheap electricity.
With sharp declines you don't really want to be doing either.

Piqued not peaked

Also, just buy crypto. I put 1k in crypto and spent about 8k on rigs back in march 17. Yeah I fucked up... Eth was $50 back then.

Invest then with profits build your mining rig. That simple. Heard gpus are expensive now tho.. if crypto crashes so does the cost of gpus

Thanks for the insight you omnipotent god among men. Please also insight me on your hentai collection that you hide from your parents because you want free room and board.

holding good coins ALWAYS has better returns than mining

unless you are planning to mine in an industrial scale

ive owned my home in full since 2011.

Its going up nigger

>Yeah I fucked up...

How? Unless you bought ASICs, and hodl'ed BTC to this point without selling anything.
Sure, buying eth would have been more profitable, but even profits from mining eth with GPUs should be far from 'fucked up'-tier.
It's like you just want to scare off some competition.

oh, i didnt do that when the price was stoned at 15 and then stoned at 11? all dead cats bounce.

there's no new money to drive the price up. the party is over.

The only reason I've ~500x'd is because the GPUs I wanted to buy for mining weren't available so I started trading. If you're looking for something that's lower risk then crypto probably isn't for you in the first place.

BTFD between 7k-8k and then sell half @ 14k-16k and buy miners with it.

Good insight, and yeah, been a long week.

Thanks, thats what my instinct says

Id be happy with 20%/yr

Yeah I have been monitoring, S9s were going for 5k when the money was goofy, street price is now 2.8-3kish. So there already seems to be a roll back. If there were no crypto demand what would the gpus be going for? I cant imagine that they are double, I would think maybe up 30% because of crypto? But what do I know.

so you advocate mining then. If it goes to 4k. A 5k mining ring maybe depreciates 50% in one year. So atleast you would have the hardware+what ever it mined.

a 5k mining rig wont break even for 600 days

>so you advocate mining then
i advocate not fucking with crypto anymore. you'd be better off with amazon and boeing stock.

A lot of uninformed people itt
~3k on ASIC miners (two dragonmint 16t) will pull you 0.1btc a month and electricity cost of $200 (12c per KWh). 1.13btc a year, $2500 electricity cost. 130%+ ROI at current btc price.

stfu
mining is a waste of time, youre better off buying and holding then rather than dealing with scammers and scalpers

let me know where i can find 2 dragonmints for $3k.

neither.
too risky to invest or mine

If you're looking for the biggest profit, just buy the coins desu. Mining is only really worth it if you're an enthusiast, already have a decent GPU in your computer or have huge bucks to buy GPUs in bulk directly from the manufacturer.

If you live in a cold weather climate and want your bedroom space heater to make you a few bucks, that's worthwhile too.

quick search shows 3500 each for April delivery.

>at current btc price

;^)

Also difficulty will go up and you won't be able to resell old ASICs.

What about the credit card btfo-ing crypto?

I want to invest just to say fuck you, but maybe at some point I should stop fighting people more powerful than me.