So i'm a fucking idiot

So i'm a fucking idiot
I work with uber, but im considered self-employed
Tax season comes around i owe, like 700$ bucks...
Should i just avoid filing income Tax?
I mean whats they can do to me?

I need some advice, someone to tell me what to do.

The IRS usually suggests just paying them via a credit card if you do not have the cash.

The IRS has no real power. They'll threaten you with legal action, but they can't actually come after you.

But heres the thing, i don't wanna pay.

You sure man? Cause im basically a student, isn't there a way around this?

Just don't pay. How are they going to know?

its over boi time to pay up

I mean Uber just sent papers on how much i made, should i just lie on my tax returns saying i was a student and didn't have an income?

you think irs didn't get those papers from uber too you mong?

1099? They send an identical copy to the IRS. Its how those forms are filed.

Just claim $700 in fuel expenses and maintenance. Everybody knows that Uber drivers rarely break even so it won't seem suspicious

If youre low income they wont care.

I cheated my taxes to the tune of saving 5k last few tears and didnt get caught.. they only go after big fish

Yeah you're right..

So i can just claim that as some deductible?

naw boi i gotchu say when u were pickin up drunk ubers a nigga jumped on hood of yo car. get one of yo niggas write up the income u made as an expense. revenues - expenses+gas = niggas made nothn this yr. nigga u make nothin u gucci boi

Sure. Business expenses are a core part of tax law.

Deduct miles... You'll get about 54 cents per mile but you'll need to prove your records.

I used to get 5K per year refunded to me just because of all the miles I drove cleaning pools in college, which was 1099 too. Never paid shit.

How can i prove my record? Pretty sure i drove more than 20000+ miles.

Listen toOrBasically get the tax breaks you deserve.
I also drive for Uber and I taxed my mileage, my car detailing, my lunches, and any food I purchased that entered my vehicle that could have potentially been used for the job because it was in my car. You can also tax some of your phone bill for every month because you use your phone GPS and if you make payments on your phone you can tax your payments.
There's more you can tax than just that too.

Google maps history will have tracked all your driving.
Also you should know by now that the Uber app does you'll just have to go and add each trip up individually.

So in short, i can just check my mileage and not pay a thing after i claim?

I would try to check more than your mileage. Because if you managed to make enough extra money via app tips/busy times then you won't get enough of a tax break from just your miles to break even. Add up your mileage via the Uber app or your Google map history and multiply that by. 54 that's the tax break you'll get for your miles only.

>I mean whats they can do to me?
5% monthly compounding penalties and interest and the power to garnish any wages, including welfare checks?

Other than that, go for it. I'm sure the jew will forgive you for not paying your tribute to Israel.