XMR

Want a safe bet? Want some practically guaranteed gains? Monero is going back to $400. At least.

Have some fucking patience and stop freaking out.

This is true. People are always gonna buy drugs and this is a crypto with an actual use case

Zec too, tho?

Haha, no.

I'm buying the fuck out of XMR right now with ETH because its so far down in relation to ETH. The gains from the recovery are gonna be yuge.

Privacy coins will always be there in the background, whether you give a shit about them or not someone out there is using it for whatever fucking reason.

that being said I like Monero, and what it plans to do. There's also a related project called Aeon, things are looking good in 2018 for aeon.

fuck dude, i can't even imagine how tough that is on her back

I'm sure its worth having anything in life she desires being rushed to her by a swarm of horny orbiters and/or mega rich sugar daddy.

If only all my coins didn't get destroyed maybe I could buy a decent amount.

Please tell me its that cheap until monday when my depoit is there...

Is there ever going the be a solution to the ridiculously high transaction fees on Monero?

what like 3 bucks?

Yeah bulletproofs is planned for Q2-3.
If it pans out pretty much means a 1/5th decrease in fees from then on.

Last time I did a monero transaction it was like $5, which is a small price to pay for truly private transactions. That being said, yes, fees will go down in the future.

why settle for x2 when you could get a free x20?

the darknet will be build on skywire

get in now

Not 1/5th decrease. Decrease by factor of five meaning the fees decrease to negligible again.

Serious question:
10 years from now, a person wants to pay $10,000 for meth on the darkweb. They'll pay $10,000 in fiat for Monero so that they can do than anonymously. Why does the price of Monero matter? Why should it rise or fall in price? What makes you think 1 XMR is worth $233? $5? $10,000?

supply and demand

I thought this should have been $1000 when btc was $8000 before it's bull run. it's the realest cryptocurrency. I still love btc but XMR is basically the ideal.. planning on adding an unknown amount to my unknown amount as this dip develops

I meant decrease to 1/5th of the current cost.

People aren't going to hold exactly 0 monero at all times. Someone who buys drugs regularly will tend to hold a few hundred, decreasing liquidity and increasing the price. Likewise people that sell drugs for monero won't necessarily sell for USD immediately after getting it. It's hard to say exactly how much the price will rise because of people tending to hold it, but that's the gist of it.

Do you think meth heads are stockpiling XMR so that they can use it to buy meth next year or something? People will use it as a one-off to score their shit and get on with their habit. As an "investor," I'm asking where the value of you holding it right now is. It's a great coin. Fine. Why is it a $233 coin?

Or buy TURTLE for a fraction of the price, EXACT same technology and way bigger upside

it's a complete ownership asset as in if you do things right it can't be taken from you. it has utility in that it can be transacted. yes it can be replicated as it's open source but there should be a power distribution for such assets and monero is the best because of its dev team, product, transactional demand, mining decentralization, etc. it's all there IMO

TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE, same shit, fraction of the price

Digital Swiss Bank. How is that not valuable?

XMR is the only coin I like and the only one that I see that has any goddamned utility whatsoever. I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm trying to understand how a $400 price "makes sense" any more than a $233 price "makes sense" or a $5, $10,000, etc.

Let's say there are 15 million monero, each valued at $100. That's $1.5 billion in monero. Let's say the average drug trade is $100, and takes a day for the receiver to sell their monero to someone else for USD. So if there are more than 15 million average drug trades a day, suddenly there will be less available monero for sale on the USD black market, and the inequality between quantity supplied and demanded will raise the price until it reaches a new equilibrium. This is of course assuming all monero is liquid after 1 day, when most of it is not.

tl;dr it's literally just supply and demand.

because people desire a private transactional asset that does not have counterparty risk, is easily transportable internationally in a mental form, which is secured by decentralized cryptography which is cost-prohibitive to attack. people using it not for investment will constantly be buying amounts to facilitate dollar value transactions, they don't care about the price because they buy quickly and do their deal. by buying now you are buying the right to capture that demand. there is a large speculative game also taking place, but at the end of the day holders are basically accumulating to sell to price agnostic demand from actual use.

But right now there's a lot of supply and the only demand is from speculators who think that it's going to be useful at some indeterminate point in the future. So the OP's $400 call seems more like a random number and less like a useful one. How do you think can we reasonably determine its actual price?

Well the $400 call is just the fact that it will likely return to where it once was, since good news will likely continue to come out and usage will only increase over time. There is a possibility of the price crashing for good after speculators leave monero, but you would need accurate information on transaction and # of liquid coins in order to figure out an accurate price.