What's a good computing skill to learn? I wanna make $ so that I can have more for investments...

What's a good computing skill to learn? I wanna make $ so that I can have more for investments. Is programming the right thing to be studying?

yeah, duh? What else do you think people are making money off of in the tech industry?

Programming obviously, just pick up a language and learn it. Then the rest becomes easy.

SQL

No. Programming is a pajeet skill. Completely useless.

get into a trade

Learn python and AWS, pass architect certification. Look at recruiters begging at you.
>my life

I make 80k eur a year at 25 (Netherlands) Pretty comfy. Java developer here. I've worked for the past 7 years though so don't expect anything near it if you just started.

You can also go freelance, most Java freelancers are paid up to 90 eur an hour.

The nice thing about Java is that it's mostly older people writing it, they're dying out / retiring soon. Younger devs think Java is uncool, which is great. The less people doing it the more money I can get.

verilog, make your own asics

I've been learning Java for the last month & a half. What is the next step forward, helpful user?

Become a Cisco slave, I hear it pays pretty well.

Learn excel and vba

C++. Java is for wogs.

Seconding trades.

>tfw crane operator
>started at $60k/y salary at 21
>now at $80k/y
>already paid off half my house

Knowing your way around excel and vba will never land you more than a mid tier office cuck job.

Well learning the language is one thing vut that's just the beginning. Just Google the terms if you don't understand any of the following causes I'm not gonna explain it;

Go make a webapp, like a personal blog or whatever you'd like.
Make it using spring boot, spring data jpa backed by a traditional sql(mysql) db or a graph database or something (like neo4j), write some basic ui stuff for it (use React if you can, it's really popular right now, otherswise angularjs). Do not use form submits to modify data, make sure it has a JSON API. Then Dockerize your application and put it in some container hosting service like GCE or whatever.

Also make sure your code is quality; use Git, get a Github account and put your code on there. Use Maven or Gradle to build your project. Write at least some basic unit tests with jUnit, enterprise level companies are really maxi about quality and testing. If you can set up automated deployment that would be great too. Develop in IntelliJ (community edition for you), otherwise real devs will laugh at you.

If you actually manage to do all that and understand the underlying technologies and how to use them, you'll easily outclass anyone that's done a multi year university study

>secretary pro

programming duh.

t. high school drop out about to be replaced by robots

> enterprise level companies are really maxi about quality and testing
I meant nazi not maxi. My autocorrect is jewish

smart contract dev

why are you not making android apps and become a millionaire?

Where I work the android devs are paid less than the backend Java devs. Again it's just an age thing. Kids wanna make apps, and later turn into become cheap developers. This doesn't happen with backend development.

If you were to have your own business, what would you do?

Either application security or simply a Java consultancy shop. I like infosec, but it's a lot of work and Java is just guaranteed good money for the rest of my life.

It can drive you nuts with paranoia as well, I presume.

What is Java consultancy like?

Go > Java.
Don't be a webdevfag user. Systems is where the money is

>It can drive you nuts with paranoia as well, I presume.
Not really desu. It's just bothersome to keep up with the latest bullshit. For example I work at an organization with 360k+ employees. Something unlikely to ever compromise your systems like the latest meltdown / spectre thing means every person and their dog has to get OS updates. It's just a hassle.

>What is Java consultancy like?
Making jokes and having lunch with people in their 40s, and typing on your computer. That's it really. Like any office job.

There's no way trades are replaced before a lot of compsci. Data scientists will be out on the street before electricians.

> being this retarded

>Go > Java.
See, this is what I meant. We have 4 kids under 20 doing Go development at under 10 qeur an hour. Kids like the new shiny stuff, and they'll replace guys like this poster eventually, or at the very least affect Go devs' salaries.

>now at $80k/y
>graduate salary in IT is $80k
lol

You're retarded. You really think robots are going to be building buildings and running the pipes and wiring, the HVAC systems, putting up the drywall, painting etc etc.. anytime soon??

By this time next desu

Shits going to be 3d printed in a dime

Back to Redd.t niggers

SAP

i make $200k/year excel cucking

assembler

I can't stand coding. Computers are fun and all but computer languages are absolute bullshit. Is it worth it going for an accounting degree? Paying off college is a bitch, but it looks like a solid path to $60k a year.

where? what do you do?

It is but it is also pretty awful work. Boring as shit. Accounting firms will make you work like a slave. Corporate will be boring as shit. Good pay and benefits though. Can become a financial analyst or manager for even more money.

>Accounting firms will make you work like a slave
Crypto will probably be dead by the time I make it, but i'm sure there will be other chances to make enough money to coast off for the rest of my life.
Can't imagine it being worse than my $12/hr retail position.

work in IT for an insurance company, data science / automation stuffs

Security

Trust me

People who say coding is a pajeet skill will never make it.

I studied business economics and made a website at the side. Now I can live comfy off my website that I build with basic IT skills, while the people without pajeet skills have to slave away for the rest of their lives.

Definitely a thousand times better than a shitty retail job. Can be stressful. And you will work over time. All in all it’s tolerable.

can you explain some more please