Virus that mines crypto

I wrote a very basic virus with a rootkit that will use 10% of a smart phones power to mine crypto for me, it's very simple right now but I'm looking to expand it, it also infects computers but as soon as a smart phone is plugged into the USB it is also infected. My main goal is to infect smart phones because they are always connected to the internet and they are never turned off.

I'm curious as to if this is actually a crime or not, technically it's theft of computing power, that isn't a crime, correct? Even if it is a crime I doubt they could trace it back to me.

Thoughts/Opinions?

yes its a crime

just mine monero and be sure to move around what you got out of it

>is running a botnet a crime?
Are you retarded or something?

Yes, it's a crime you fucking 95 IQ simpleton.

To elaborate a bit, with five thousand infected smart phones I will be getting between 300-100 USD per day depending on how old the phone is.

so you wrote a basic virus that infects phones but you don't understand that if you spread it it's a crimme.

fucking larp or retard.

please stop while youi can you r just going to get caught anyway. too retarded

probably copy pastad some code

> wrote a very basic virus

lol

It isn't a botnet, they aren't in a network, they are all singular and I have no control over them. Do you actually know what a botnet is user?

This

>it isn't a botnet
They're literally part of mining pool and would be classified as a botnet by almost any security researcher

I'm going to have to agree with
that you're a LARPing faggot because it's clear you don't even know what a botnet is.

Wow ur stupid

I'm going to release it anyway.

Can I be a beta tester

yeah, you're a larper

>%10 of phone power
are you planing to infect one whole country to turn this profitable or what?

>I'm going to release it anyway.
epic larp, send her out into the wild

Shut it down.

Sounds genius.
Why are you telling us?
I guess that's the trouble with genius plans, you almost want to get caught so you can finally get some appreciation....

nice larp animeposter
>implying you could program your way out of a cardboard box

Whats easier is creating an online "gameshow" that asks its users increasingly difficult questions and offers a cash reward at the end for the users that succeed in answering most or all of the questions. That way, they have an incentive to do it. You can easily get millions of users on your app all mining for you at probably 50% or more (since your game will only last about 30-40 mins) but will net you more money than the cash prize (which isnt guaranteed to be won). Oh yeah, if you do this please give me a cut. Save my btc addy for later 1HdbHFj8u6P6tVzW6nbALE9Vd9LGyFW2DL

I got this idea because my mom plays a game just like this. You can literally create a facebook page for your gameshow app and advertise to all these fucking normies. Just have the mining written in the t&c's and your ass is safe

pls no bogs.

Ok genius tell me what this does.

static
fcw16: word;
fwc16_2: word;
IntResult: int32;
fstcw(fcw16);
mov(fcw16, ax);
or($0c00, ax);
mov(ax, fcw16_2);
fldcw(fcw16_2);
fistp(IntResult);
fldcw(fcw16);

You know it's a scientific fact anime posters make better programmers right?

It’s a crime. Some Dude was doing this at work and he got jailed.

Then, there will always be fucking tards that dont close the app after theyre done with it, just use it to mine at a lower rate depending on their battery life. This is a very good idea but im too fuckin lazy to do it. But if you do please throw a coin or two my way.

OP is a perfect example why anons from other boards regard /biz as a den of absolute scum.
>these miners who would literally brag about selling a fried video card to a kid
>these neets who sperg that they'll become hardcore scammers just because crypto has crashed and they don't want to be 'wageslaves'

Could have at least kept this shit to yourselves you dumbfucks.

This, besides creating the game show shit a. Isnt illegal b. Is easier to implement and c. Will hopefully come back around to me please just do it and send me back some coin

Forgot to mention create it as an android app, and maybe even desktop implementation.

Even as someone who programs in a meme language for a living and hasn't touched ASM since dropping out of computer science, that looks like it would be trivial to explain for anyone with rudimentary programming skills (after looking up the opcodes)

That's a good idea but I currently have a game in the works, It's basically a crypto exchange with animations with two other friends, it will have tutorials to explain everything but also have a lot of humour, with you putting in your personal details and everything being relevant to you, aimed at Android and IOS, all the data will be ripped from actual exchanges but filtered slightly as to not possibly infringe on copyright.

To normies, crypto is very daunting and I know for a fact that they will play slot machine simulators where they actually have to buy the credits with real money but have no chance of a pay out.

I want to eventually implement a "pro" setting which is much like blockfolio, it holds real holdings, except, we will rip the data and use it to our advantage.

If it's trivial explain it, it's extremely straight forward unless you don't actually know ASM, it took me 10 seconds to write genius.

That code changes the FPU rounding control from "rounding" to "truncate", converts a floating point number on the top of the stack to a truncated 32bit integer then stores it, and then resets the rounding control back to "rounding"

>I'm curious as to if this is actually a crime or not,

yes
do not pass go go to jail

And it only took you 50 minutes to answer me.

yeah sorry about that, it took a lot of googling to figure out your genius level code.

I do actually believe that it probably didn't take much longer than 10 seconds for you to copy-paste it though xx

destroyed

share sourcecode on github or google drive, was looking for one of this, but does it trigger antivirus?

Software Engineer here

I am curious, how are you planning to distribute it?
Also, it is definitely illegal.

rekt

btw anyone else try x64dbg? i'm used to ollydbg and haven't been arsed to switch