I have 5 years missing on my linkedIn due to degenerative lifestyle

I have 5 years missing on my linkedIn due to degenerative lifestyle.
I have degree in engineering.
1 year work experience then I lost it and left.
How do I cover this 5 years gap on linkedIn?
I went back to do a postgrad this year but do not know how to cover my ass on linkedin to make me look semi attractive. Want into IT/Software.

>Im retarded I know..

if you're from the UK, you can say you were trading crypto. No shit. But you better had made some gains ; D

the only way to win is not to play

Seriously considering faking a 4 year degree in something irrelevant to IT/Software and say I was at that. They cant check with the universitys.

Yeah, I live in the UK. I was thinking about that excuse alright and yes I have made gainz.

Sick of having no purpose, no thanks!

Just say you were in prison. Problem solved

bamp

Bump
Same case but with master of law degree.

>They cant check with the universitys
Unis offer automated checks through a centralised database now mate. Sure they need your permission but if you refuse it's obvious why.

Ill say I did it in Ireland/netherlands.

Any ideas? Ive created a few fake companies I was going to use, but if you dig deep you can tell.
Also, was thinking of using bankrupt companies...

Finance degree with took a break ... try 9 years . Had kids and wife kills it I stayed home.
Haha i don’t want to go back to the 9-5 though. Thinking of 1099 job, try real estate, the burden of choice. I have not even tried to apply to a job with the resume, I will say before my break it got bites all the time with my previous experience.

Good luck, 9 years is hella long but get back bit by bit and youll be flying again. bits all the time?

>LinkedIn
>Relying on asocial media to sell yourself for wage cucking
Pathetic, even cam whores have more honour

Welcome to the real world. Even if you meet a contact, theyd check you out on linkedin before considering you for a role.

I have literally no social media presence, beside troll accounts and never had an issue finding a job when I needed one. And tho, a company that puts weight on their employees providing data for free is a company I would never do business with.

Fair enough. Ill trust your opinion since I cant be too confident since I only worked in IT/software for 2 years in total. Everyone screams linkedin to me though and what a disadvantage a good linkedin is.
Do you suggest just going into companys with old fashioned cv so?

>Implying this isn't how 90% of people get jobs

Im surprised how little biztards havent had this problem.

That's what I do. Write application, modify CV for the specific post, include a letter of motivation and get the basics about the company before going to the job interview to be able to sell the HR landwhale how I can specifically be an asset for their company.

I remember one freelancer company where I applied for a job in marketing that wrote me an email asking about social media, I resend them an email ranting about how their company still lives in 2008 and that I can't do business with a company riding declining trends

I just don't have a LinkedIn account, problem solved. But if i were you i would look up failed start-ups and shit.

Were you making any money at all? How were you affording your life?

Netherlands also has an automated checking system. I just lie during interviews though and I've managed to bluff my way through it a few times.

What were you doing for those 5 years?

Fuck all. I sufferent a mental breakdown and kind of lost my memory and mind for a good 3 years.

Bought bitcoin early and sold in 2013

Yeah, I was thinking this. Danke schon mein freund.

Travelling, time off to care for a loved one, tried some interesting career after school (logging, worked in the oil industry, fishing, some sort of adventurous or travel required career. If it pays more the better). If asked say it was to pay off uni bills and was good money but now you want back to your passion, etc. Etc.

what languages do you know?
.net? react?
what

close your linkdin account. if asked insist that you value more your privacy and the security of the companies you are working for. works a charm those days, and you'll get brownie points for your discretion.

Its extremely rare people do this though and I figure it would warrant a close look at me.

well, say that you were studying art or some shit or drawing or volunteering or something, dont mention your mental issues obviously

java, python,C

Just tell them you traded cryptos up until now, were living off of your gainz and want to start advancing im a real career as the crypto market is to volitile right now. Fuck, idk?

Yeah, seems like the best route to go.

no its not. not having a linkedin account never stopped anybody getting a job for which he has the qualification:. i work in HR department of a big company. you have just been conditioned. don't be a pussy and stand for what you think you are worth.

you can't get away with being serverside only, you need to be full stack to make someone want you
btw no one who actually needs a good dev gives 2 shits about employment gaps
I hire people all the time with 3 year gaps it means nothing

This is the best time in history for developers. Go to SF or sillicon valley and you will have a job in a week.

he'll be found out if he says this shit
just say you didn't know what to do and went travelling and stayed with family abroad or something
don't tell them you were mentally ill ffs

Yes, my self worth isnt the best. Thank you for the pep talk. Ill give it a go.
Thank you for the encouragement. I am currently working on my frontend skills.

Goes without saying.

say you did some secret 007 type shit

t. teen

>Yeah, I live in the UK
I had 5 years missing and if someone asked I said I was a musician. UK is the easiest place to get a job in the world. It literally takes less than 24 hours to find a job.

15 years old commie detected.

your mentality is the problem, you would get a job being honest about your former past, with that mentality you wont get a job in honest companies and also not in a cubicle wageslave job cause yes you obviously suck at your "CV", you should get the memo out of 2015, the average millenial sucks as and cant get a job, not because of bad marks or cv, but because he is a non functioning human

i work in uk and i can assure you that linkedin is the last stuff we check when we are looking for staff. again you have been conditioned, badly.

Why not telling truth? Tell them you were trading cryptos, and you have enough to not work for the rest of your life, so now you want to focus on your passion and work with them.

>Yeah, I live in the UK
just smear shit on your skin and tell them your a paki. instant free tech/engineering job and you don't even have to be qualified.

yea and shit pay

correct. we call them the "facecrook generation"

set up a fake crypto llc and say you were founder/president. make it seem semi-legit and you'll be fine

awesome idea. thank you haha

fuck off you prick

I know my mentality is a problem. If I was honest about my past, I would get filtered out of most jobs. I am an extremely hard worker. I give my all to my jobs. That was my problem. I worked so hard, I fucked myself up.

Lol. I've been working in IT for like 14 years and people haven't said shit about it. Never had a linked in.

Strange. People I know seem obsessed with it. I must reassess.

Thanks everyone for their input. Much appreciated.

You got rich off bitcoin and went to go help starving children in Africa. Now you're back and want to pursue a new passion.

What's wrong with telling them you made money in crypto and now you're bored?

It sounds like lies even though it did happen and it makes me look like a lazy degenerative. It is what I will do though but it looks absolutely shit on a cv.

Just say you were in prison for 5 years hence the gap.

Builds strong character in the joint.

Yes, also strong arse holes.

Do you have any tips on where to learn more about IT related things?

vague question mate.

No one would really believe this unfortunately.

Everything depends on what you want to learn.
But mostly just search on the internet.