Normies will never adopt crypto and here's why

Too many decimals.

Normies don't want to think about their money being 0.00000005 of a coin or whatever. They want small easily divisible units that are suitable for basic mental arithmetic, with the smallest indivisible unit being 0.01, just like cash

This is what autistic developers like Vitalik Buterin (who can multiply 8 digit numbers in his head like a savant) don't understand.

So just make a coin with 1 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 supply and no decimals

Then the premine scam will immediately become more obvious

>thinking vitalik is a svant
>not realizing vitalik has a father with a computer sci deg
>not realizing he didnt graduate college and is going to progressively become more dumb and autistic
pretty sure normies will buy the whole "sat" angle of bitcoin because it makes them feel smart to use crypto lingo

Thsts why I didn't trade btc for 2 or 3 months when I first started.

fuck it's true. this is the main reason i don't accumulate $10m, too many fucking zeros to deal with

>here's why normies will never adopt the internet
Pro tip: Use k, mil, bn or make up entirely new units. Problem solved.

>what are smaller units?

>vitalik if he spent one day in college

stellar is probably the one thing closest to this and unironically one of the most likely to be adopted

Good think turtle exists, yeah?

it's almost as if decimals can be moved

0.00133700 btc
1.337mbtc
1337 bits
133700 sats

it's all the same

already exists

I will trade you .000001 ounce of gold for this coffee

Look into MobileCoin, buy it when it goes live this summer, thank me never because you're an ungrateful faggot.

>implying normies think this way

good one you autist

So how does it work then? Tell us the first-person view of how a normie thinks.

just make 1 satoshi = 1 USD! we could even call 1 satoshi 1 bitcoin just to make it easy for the poor normans. probably closer to its real value anyway with hyperinflation well underway and all

>implying that the victor of this crypto war won't have a simple app that will truncate your actual balances visually when paying for small items

you guys are so fucking stupid

not even traders think this way

This is retarded

>he thinks fiat is going anywhere

Are you fucking retarded /biz? Normies don't care and why should they? Crypto will be adopted and will be working behind the scenes. Everything will be still priced in fiat and prices will dynamically change attached to that. Nobody will ever know how blockchain works. Do normies know how the internet works?
Fucking retards

You're literally retarded.
>Here's why normies won't adopt linux, everyone wants a gui, typing in console is too hard for them
>Android phone runs linux, apple phone runs unix, every phone basically runs some type of linux
>normies buy phones instead of things they need
Please, tell me again how the backend technical aspect of things is going to stop normies from buying cheaper better products...

I agree with you, but it's not just the decimals, its any math.

Any small stakes home Poker night shows this clearly. Lots of people just raise by going to the next chip color regardless of the value of that chip. it could be 2x or 100x, they don't change their behavior as the chip changes.

most devs i know are relatively bad at mental arithmetic btw compared to other equally smart people because they spend all day with a terminal open that will calculate things for them.

the solution is something like euro money from the time when isaac newton was running the tower of london. Several different coins with different properties. We're already tracking toward that.

Something like:
1BTC = big chunk of cash, like what the pound used to be in England. a year's income is just a few of them even for a well off person. Never to be spent except on big ticket purchases like real estate. Held only by the moderately well off and up.

1 ETH = what the shilling used to be. should be about 1/20th of a BTC. Useful for bigger ticket but non-investment expenses like a suit of clothes, a months rent, etc. Used to pay salary for most working people.

1 pence should be around 12 to the shilling. Good for buying meals, books, cheap clothes, bar tabs.

1 farthing should be 1/4 of a pence.

Spain and rome had similar pre-decimal systems, which make more sense for confused people dealing with cash that is less inflationary and backed by precious metals.

>thinking "crypto" is about coins

Yeah, kill yourself

Also the fact that if you misplace your keys you’re fucked. If you enter in an address wrong you’re fucked. If you send it the wrong wallet you’re fucked. 2fa is also annoying but without it you have a very high chance of everything being stolen...normies are stupid but if you want their money- crypto needs normie failsafes for every idiotic thing they could conceivably fuck up.

mbtc never took hold after years of trying to push it
it's a valid problem and it's why vitalik named smaller units finney, szabo, etc.. good idea but not sure this will work well either, people are resistant to learning

Who cares about normies. No serious business will ever adopt blockchains.

This is why Turtle decided to only have two decimal places. Listen to the interview of the Dev talking about it.

You are correct. People are not wired for decimals.

That's the problem and delusion with that Nano coin.
The should have split the supply!