Wisefag

>Wisefag
>34 years old
>Through years of ups and downs realize something important that would give me the mindset to one day become "rich" occurs to me.
>Every time I have been overly depressed or overly excited have been times that I have been caught off guard by unexpected events.
>Train self to have foresight into all possibilities positive and negative.
>"If I expect it, it can't surprise me. If it can't surprise me, it's effects will be weakened"
>For months trade in crypto, but stay truly honest with myself that losing it all or becoming much rich are very realistic possibilities.
>Month 3, in crypto after many depressing losses and small gains. Lose 50%: "Knew that could happen. No worries. I also know that I can be in the green one day."
>Month 4, gain 4000%: Discipline! Tell myself to not get overly excited as it's a real possibility that I could be in the red one day.
>Month 4, lose 55%: This sucks, but I already knew it was a possibility so I'm not surprised. Stress and worries are incredibly minimal considering the amount that was lost. Move on.
>Month ~20, up 11,000%: Knew it was a possibility that I could become a millionaire one day, but didn't think it could happen. It happened.
>Discipline! Tell myself to not get overly excited and remain honest with myself and accept that my life could very possibly be in the red one day.
>Become millionaire: Buy 2 smoke shops, hire staff, buy condo, childhood dream car WRX, CBR1000 motorcycle, hookers, expensive gaming rig, vacation, all in that order.
>Still not happy.

user, what is the key to happiness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AfZMcm9AoKg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People to share your happiness with.

Qt 3.14 gf who plays vidya with you and sucks your wee wee

>what is the key to happiness?
in all honesty, not buying a gaming rig. making a serious money/space investment into what is effectively a chair to rot in, definitely makes you more likely to spend time rotting in a chair.

Happiness doesn't come from other people, material goods or even experiences. It simply comes from being content (but not complacent) with yourself and with life.

nice congrats OP
as for the happiness part: start meditating, do ayahuasca and start a family. use your money for something good and make as many white children as you can.

Passion.

>user, what is the key to happiness?
The key to happiness is understanding that happiness is a meme. Happiness is an illusion, which is used by the elites of this world to keep us all chasing shadows within ourselves. There are moments of happiness, moments of sorrows... but in the end, one must know that peace comes from balance. in death, one shall inherit eternal peace. Until then, we walk on the rope of life, trying to control, our own primitive hunger.

Killing shit. Start hunting. Work your way up through the animals and when you get bored with that, email me for the ultimate big game. I have a spot in se Asia where you can hunt indentured servants on a private island for $250k

>make as many white children as you can
why would one who sees the futility of this world want to make children? also, why the focus on "white" children? that kind of prejudice is one of the layers of division which cause suffering to befall on the people of this world. a wise man would not bring children into this reality of illusions and mockery.

Wisdom > Intelligence > Knowledge

doing what you really wanna do. money is irrelevant

I wanna get rich and then fund it into making interesting, right wing documentaries

>wisefag
>doesn't know money can't buy happiness

Money is like a platform upon which happiness can be built, but it can't be the source of happiness. Money can only buy you security.

Also I'm pretty sure the idea of being happy 24/7 is a pipe dream orchestrated by the consumerist society. If we aren't experiencing happiness the entire time we somehow become unsatisfied with life and we'll try to ''buy'' our way into happiness--which again, is impossible.

Happiness is simply contentment, not some chemical firing off inside your brain.

this guy is close, but money is only an invisible chain that keeps the normies inside the matrix. they will chase the desire to get rich but never achieve it due to lack of intelligence.

OP listen, read "The Anciet Secret of the Flower of Life"
Youre a actual starseed. Wake up. Learn Mer Ka Ba. You will see your mission. We all struggle. I love you. I am a star seed and had to awake to my mission.
Do you have a telegram so we can talk?

You just sound like a travelling teenager

He who has hapiness, hide it

Happiness is achieved by moving closer to set goals. What are your goals, op? If money was your goal, then making it means you can't derive happiness from it anymore. It's about the path, not the destination.

Other factors playing a part in experiencing happiness:

>Friends
>Family
>Diet
>Exercise
>Amount of time wasted (your own definition) each day

If you're rich, you should be able to maintain a healthy, tasty diet easily. You should also have enough free time to spend an hour exercising most days.

You need to set new goals, OP. Happiness isn't really a goal, seeing as it's a side-effect of moving towards a goal.

t. psychology student

Take 5 tabs of lsd at once come back and tell us yourself. Nobody can teach you the "secret" that you've always had everything you need to be happy, and anytime you're sad it's your own damn fault. I can say it over and over again but at the end of the day you're gonna have to figure it out on your own if you truly desire to understand what the fuck is going on

Preach

>things go your way, you're happy
>things don't go your way, you're unhappy
life is such that things will often not go your way no matter what you do. The key to happiness is choosing to be happy whether things go your way or not. Happiness is a feeling that can be chosen.

As someone older. You will only realize you were happy after it's gone. Just live for the moment and stop trying to fill a hole. You've been conditioned to believe you have one. Enjoy what you have, for everything eventually returns to ash.

It’s not prejudice, literally not what that word means.
>having white children is morally wrong
Roight

>buys playtoys before vacation
childish neet at heart
but first u invested at least, so kudos to u

unironically 99% of u r damaged goods
>gives advice derived from a womens magazine
lmao

op, u need circumstances who are challenging but solvable by u
the right amount of positive stress is key
also exercise and family/friends, psychofag is onto something here

waht the fuck is this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=AfZMcm9AoKg

Used to love a bit of david brent

Not sure if you meant to quote someone else, seeing as you said I'm taking advice from womens magazines, while also saying I'm onto something. Something challening, but not impossible, that you enjoy and want to improve on is exactly what I'm talking about.

If you meant to quote me, what advice is flawed?

Bowing down to God is the key to happiness. try it, just bow down to God and take it all in

the key to happiness is to not seek happiness but instead seek peace of mind (stillness of mind). happiness implies a subjective viewpoint and therefore can never last, but peace of mind, once attained, is with you for life

t. truely wise user

that sounds gay af

>thought post would actually relay some insight as to the importance of patience and remaining unemotional while trading
>op decided to turn it into a normalfag "REEE BEING RICH SUCKS" thread at the very end
Fucking kek, kill yourself you materialistic faggot. You normies are so deep under shekelsteins hypnosis you literally do not know how to live without a wage and salary. Fucking pathetic.

rambling to agreement would be my guess, but I'm not that user

>what is the key to happiness?
designing and selling an oversized and -priced flamethrower toy to your loyal disciples just because you can.

Quality over quantity, my friend. Having things does not make you happy. True joy is achieved from determining your mission in life and executing it. A man cannot be happy while stagnant. You must ascend and occupy your time with things that will help you grow as a person and do the world good.

Think of money as potential energy. No one actually wants money, they want what they can aquire with it. You're in a very fortune position. You can spend money on things that will move you forward. Hookers and video games won't do that. You're going to die someday, rememeber that.

Engage with the world, build something amazing, and develop deep and loving relationships with people who you enjoy spending time with.

The key to happiness is a gateless gate

Excitement obviously, and maybe the order in which you do things. The vacation might have been a good first move after making it to relax a bit since crypto honestly takes work. Instead you did more work.

Start growing weed but dont get into the industry

Larping in a anime forum

.All life is suffering, but staying in a flow will keep you going. Pick a literal direction. Travel in that direction and encounter as much shit as you can.

honesty answer
>perspective

The truth is sad. Smart people will never be truly happy because they understand the world more, and by that, they know how little do they actually know, and how everything is kind of pointless and kind of very impactful.

TL;DR

Lower intelligence = higher happiness.

Also, in both happiness and sadness there is beauty. Focus on observing beauty.

Please...
Eth
0xe66b725b96f8f91c188be71ea6b0de73d810d27f

Sounds to me you're not as wise as you think

The key to happiness is your mind and inner richness. You will never find true happiness when your happiness depends on outer circumstances.

I'll tell you the key to happiness if you tell exactly what you did and what you traded

This user is correct. Perpetual happiness can not be achieved, it's a transient sensation. You can, however, achieve stillness and peace, which is a close second. Look into meditation/zen/tao, it's the same shit really.

Also, according to the flow model of Csíkszentmihályi (and in my experience as well), you are at your happiest when you are working towards a specific goal. The task at hand must be tough, but not too hard, it has to be something you can achieve by focusing your all on it.

So have some goals and meditate. And don't take life too seriously, it's all an absurd joke with us dying in the end.

Happiness is not a diploma, there is always expansion and new things to achieve. Happines lies in the journeys

get an injection with DMT and skydive OP, im sure you´ll find the answer, if not, don open the parachute.

>>also, why the focus on "white" children?
>having white children is morally wrong

Trumpanzees are as cancerous as SJWs.

This user knows what's up

Unironically the key to happiness is love

magic msuhrooms

happiness isnt worth much. Pursuing happiness just means changig the chem mix in your brain cells. Dont bother about happines, focus on Power.

a fresh of breath from air from the usual biz fuckery

probably the most stupid comment I've ever read on Veeky Forums and I've been lurking here for over 10 years.

Happiness means different things to different people, but to me, Happiness is knowing that you can die, knowing you left this world better than you found it user. If you can honestly say that, then I think you are doing pretty good. Happiness is a temporary state, and you will not always be happy, but being able to say that you made a positive impact on the world and did your damnedest to improve the lives of others and yourself is enough for me to happy.

Also feel free to spread some love Wisefag ;)

>user, what is the key to happiness?
Find a hobby and make friends, user.

This isn't a joke, or a dig at you, this is an honest suggestion. Friends right now are what you need.

To my left is a simplified version of the hierarchy of needs. Right now, you've passed your basic needs, and you're starting to hit psychological needs.

You need to find a way to get out and socialize with people. In my experience, getting into tabletop games was a great way to build a new circle of friends. An old friend of mine used sports as a way to find new friends when he moved across the country.

Best of luck user.

wow 10 years, your pea sized brain must have absorbed so much knawledge

If you were permanently happy you would stop growing, you gotta keep expanding mentally. Whats something you wish you could accomplish?

>Wisefag
>Still doesn't understand stoicism
Read the Handbook by Epictetus

>And don't take life too seriously, it's all an absurd joke with us dying in the end.
checked

You need to have a goal. A mountain to climb. Humans are beings that are always chasing something. If you're not chasing something worthwhile you're not living a meaningful life.

Also, "happiness" is a meme. There are happy moments and there are sad moments. Both are useful and meaningful and a life needs to have a good dose of both. Trying to be in consistent state of happiness is impossible and you'll only be disappointed when it never happens.

Find something worthwhile to chase and do and it will give your life meaning, which is the closest you'll get to "happiness".

>money is irrelevant
>i wanna get rich

Live according to your own set of carefully chosen values, and a mission to go along with that, that you work towards whilst balancing family, friends, financial and personal needs. If you're an atheist, I would strongly consider some kind of transhumanist mission - as death is an incredibly depressing prospect.

>WRX

Should have bought a Camaro SS instead of your weaboo meme car

>Mer Ka Ba
it's a trap, literally

Unironically Islam.

rich and miserable.. poor and happy

You are not wise
Give away all your money
figure out the meaning to your life
realize the only thing you know is that you know nothing

get the fuck out

forgot to add,
you can not appreciate the good without experiencing the bad

Wife, children, close friends and improving oneself physically and mentally. You can't win against entropy but you can live your life to the fullest.

Happiness must come from internal satisfaction. Self Improvement and acceptance of the transient nature of life are key to becoming happy.

With your success, you may have effectively insulated yourself from surprises. You need to get out of your comfort zone or you’ll be forced out of your comfort zone. Do things that you know will challenge you physically and mentally, set goals that don’t involve money seem far off, knowing that when you accomplish them, they won’t bring you happiness, but rather the process will. Build a boat with your bare hands and then burn it down.

substitute vidya for kino and you got it senpai
t. /tv/

Happiness is just an illusion. It is the holy grail which most people chase, but never achieve. The key is to realize that the present is the only thing you actually have. A better goal is to achieve a peace of mind, not to be happy.
Try going on the self actualization path and fulfill your maximum potential. Play the game of life and enjoy it. Realize the impermanent and transient nature of everything and go with the flow. Life is just a game to enjoy after all.

just live

Nice larp faggot.

>nocoin.jpg

Ever notice how every poor person who wins the lottery always manage to completely ruin their lives and end up in more misery than before.
No amount of money will save you from your own stupidity, you will continue to make poor choices in life, except now you actually have something to lose. You will suffer like you were meant to.

Happiness comes from the three main ingredients of health, work and relationships.

You obviously have the work area in control but I think you're deficient in the other areas.

Friends, family, one or a few girls for hot sex.
Look to create cherished memories and experiences instead of acquiring material things.

Key to happiness is exactly what you mentioned in your post. Attempting to accomplish a challenging goal and finding it meaningful even when you lose.

pursuit of a goal greater than yourself
4 humanity and the planet
helping others achieve it with you

abundance is fine, but amplifies your weaknesses, so your attitude is perfect

focus on your new employees lives and be generous

focus on adding value to community

contentment and gratitude = happiness

you will make it desu

Where are you from, OP?

holy fuck, based user

create a vision rather than a goal

crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women

Happiness is just contentment with your current situation. It only slows down progress. You aren't improving while you're content. You're improving whilst struggling, cause it means something in your environment goes beyond your current capabilities and that you are changing to deal with it. Discontentment is more valuable than happiness I think. Without any real struggle in your life you become a cartoon of a human being, a superficial shell

nothing exists except a sea of infinite passing moments... "happiness" is just a projection, but it is worth nothing without that we call "sadness", i wouldnt call yourselve wise yet

start/keep meditating - look into spiritual texts (only for metaphors at first, until ur willing to dive in more) and consider using your money to help those who have next to nothing (and im not referring to Veeky Forums beggars)... good luck

ok this is better than my reply

Unironically why would happiness be the highest goal?

Glad to see there's anons like this on Veeky Forums. There's no key, there's no happiness, I think there's no game either. Then you just start doing things and there's no reason anymore, but everything is full of life. You're life, you're everything and nothing

because misery is default setting

Email?

As all life is born to die, so all men are born to decay. There can be no succour in this world. As the centuries drag past our cultures will fade, just as our bodies waste and our passions cool as the winter of life approaches.

In time our mightiest cities shall crack and crumble, and our lofty ideals shall grow weary and jaded. For what are our achievements if not the follies of pride and ignorance?

All shall be forgotten with the passing of years. There will be no exceptions.

For who amongst us can escape the predations of time? Whom amongst us is beyond the inevitability of decay? That which is young can only grow old. That which is whole and sweet can only shrivel and sour. Nothing is permanent and nothing may remain without blemish. It is the fate of all things that they are bound to time, and time is the twin of decay.

So bend a knee, all of this world. Bend a knee all who would embrace their fate and thereby rise above it. Rise up, give in, surrender yourselves to the master of this world.

>WRX

Sell the WRX and get a GT86. Better handling dynamics and lower weight. That's your problem right there.

To have something to live for.
It's all about progression to keep u focused for the future. I felt empty when I managed to do something I though was unlikely which was conduct my own orchestra. But now I need something higher to achieve.
It gives you something to do, and if you put time in it and value it. It will matter much more to you than money. It could be a simple goal to travel, working out, learning a new skill; but what matters is the journey to achieve it. Not the end result.

BTC
if you wanna donate.

13CEcBay4zVjUYtZ38JYcRrwA6R4TE6D5i

nice just bought 100k