Vitalik donates 2.4M in Ethereum to Aubrey De Grey + SENS

you didn't blow your chance at immortality on a lambo, did you faggot?

Other urls found in this thread:

liebertpub.com/overview/rejuvenation-research/127/
nytimes.com/2017/02/05/health/with-fda-vacancy-trump-sees-chance-to-speed-drugs-to-the-market.html
youtu.be/PX5bes7z4Lg?t=1068
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pr expenses

This guy is a larp meme redditor

>Le live forever bro xD yeah wehaven't worked out how or even started... but i look cool and say longn words while secretly grinning cos i just fleeced investor so me and my art chick wife can do heroin while watchig highlander

Why would he donate 2.1M in Ethereum? Does Aubrey De Grey really need 1.9M in Ethereum?

>can live forever
>(((they))) kidnap him to give (((them))) the means to live forever
>they kill him
>jews live forever

do you really want people like soros to live forever?
or rockefellers? or rothschilds?
hell no
mortality is the only thing that makes them weak

Did our autist really donate eths to this faggot?

doesn't matter. barring a massive war or economic collapse, the treatments are coming in your lifetime if you're under 50 right now.

the tech is being designed to be inhibited by jewish DNA.

I have the same views pretty much. Gonna make some money in crypto so I can afford it when the time comes.

Aging researcher here. The max we can extend lifespan in mammals so far is about 30-40%. Everything hits this wall or is much worse. In reality, we may be able to extend our lifespan by about 10% in our lifetime.

>the """""""""""""""""treatments""""""""""""""""""""""" don't exist

do your research mein negro
he's been called out numerous times

were you scared astray from science in high school? not all long scientific words are sci-fi gargon. it takes 2 minutes to realize this guy and his organization are legitimate.

e.g) editor-in-chief of:

>liebertpub.com/overview/rejuvenation-research/127/

seeI know who he is

Everyone in the field kind of despises this guy. I don't mind him at all because although he overstates the promise of the field, he draws attention. I personally believe it is the biggest problem of our lifetime, so I don't mind at all.

One problem is his foundation is really the only one you can donate to for anti-aging research other than gerontology organizations that buy diapers for old people. His org is slowly becoming more legit though and is doing actual research.

Wanting to live forever or travel back in time is the true mark of a weak subhuman.
Both are impossibilities, btw.

Shitalik could be using this money to fund research to solve the problem of scaleability.

40-50 years from now i can't see this being the case. not to mention adding 10 percent to an 80 year life span opens the doors to them figuring out 20 percent in your lifetime, which opens the door to 30 percent etc.

i will admit we're right on the ledge. surely people born 100 years from today will not age like we age. again all this is barring a catastrophe which is always possible.

Another thing to point out: even if you could stop aging, you would defintely not live forever. Eventually you would get in a really bad accident or some crazy boomer with an asian wife would shoot you.

And if you think the backup on your computer would save you then, it won't. It would be a copy of you, but wouldn't be you. To put it another way, you wouldn't load up a copy of yourself then an hero and expect to still be alive would you?

wanting to be remembered forever is where its at

>40-50 years from now i can't see this being the case
I hope so too, but the outlook is bleak. We've uncovered most of the aging pathways and haven't even gotten close to stopping aging. I have some ideas that might do it, but it just a hypothesis right now. The technology to begin to test it isn't available even then. I really doubt it will be possible in our lifetimes sadly. Everyone goes into it thinking that it is possible to stop aging almost completely, but everyone who has been in for a year or two starts to see the futility.

did you watch altered carbon recently?

i think people will have basically cyborg-tier body armor and shit if we can legitimately maintain youth. but yes people will not be invincible or incapable of dying

what do you think of epitalon + thymalin

Glad this is getting noticed. Fools that don't do any research will think SENS is a joke. Yea, people thought Thiel was a joke when he backed up Trump in the election. Guess who also has donated and endorses SENS? Thiel.
Guess who Thiel advocated to get in on the FDA during the his time on the transition team:

nytimes.com/2017/02/05/health/with-fda-vacancy-trump-sees-chance-to-speed-drugs-to-the-market.html

>Mr. Trump has been vetting candidates to run the agency, which regulates the safety of everything from drugs and medical devices to food and cosmetics. Among them is Jim O’Neill, a former official at the Health and Human Services Department who is an associate of the Silicon Valley billionaire and Trump supporter Peter Thiel. Mr. O’Neill has argued that companies should not have to prove that their drugs work in clinical trials before selling them to consumers.

>Mr. O’Neill is a libertarian who is on the board of the SENS Research Foundation, a charity that funds anti-aging research, and until recently served on the board of the Seasteading Institute, an effort to create new societies at sea.

These guys are changing the world in a big way, and it's quite visionary of Vitalik to donate at a time like this. Ignore the trolls and fudders.

This.
But indefinite youth will definitely motivate society to make it more death-proof; safer transportation, etc.

But what about what SENS is bascially advocating for, which is instead of trying to directly stop the aging process, you target the physical and biomolecular damage caused by aging, which is what causes the damage in the first place? Obviously it's a long-shot, but it does seem more promising than trying to delay the aging process itself, which looks very daunting right now.

every field in science and engineering has their representative spokesperson whether the field likes them or not. the typical media head in a scientific field, unlike in a corporation, isn't elected by other 'members' in the field. since media loves big headlines, naturally the person who is willing to say the wildest claims will get the most attention. thats why most well-known scientists are sensationalists. being a sensationalist doesn't mean you also can't deliver, even if its just a percent of what you claim, see: Elon Musk (unironically)

But bear in mind, the media also sensationalizes what they want:

youtu.be/PX5bes7z4Lg?t=1068

17:50 - 22:00 explains it best. Journalists want to hype this up as immortality, but it's basically just the next natural advancement of healthspan medicine, which as a side-effect, makes people live a lot longer on average.

I hope this guy is the one who does find immortality

He would make a great (and fitting with that huge fuckin beard) face to put in the halls of future schools and history books

Unless you're a part of the

>muh long words
I love it when people complain about this. So easy to spot insecure low iq faggots.

>living longer and better is not worth it if we can't live forever
alright bud, you die at 93 in a wheelchair and i'll keep going on hikes and fucking my wife at 110

almost everyone is in the

>American education

No I mean for no reason or when not necessary
It's not a matter of insecurity, it's just simplicity is key

kek

Pretty sure things you take for granted today were seen as impossible by previous generations, this is no different.

I can't wait for this guy to die, it will be pure poetry.