What's the ratio of Veeky Forums posters who actually think crypto is either the future of currency or at least...

What's the ratio of Veeky Forums posters who actually think crypto is either the future of currency or at least something to strive for vs people who see crypto as a way purely to get cash?

I'm not selling until Trump is elected again. 2020 to 2021 minimum.

It will get pumped by generation Z when they enter their college years.

Just need to pay short term taxes and I should be golden.

I would sell right before the election in case the soy boys win, but buy back in as soon and hard as possible if uncle Trump gets another round.

anyone who believes this shit is the future is unironically retarded. it's free money that you should be in and out of as quickly as possible.

>sucking the dick of the man who single handedly imposed taxes on crypto trading
you've been the real cucks all along

It's purely a way to get money via speculating for me. The State will never allow actual cryptocurrencies to be used and will crack down on them. Blockchains may see some use, but I doubt it. Nowhere to go but down from here.

Crypto can't be the future of currency
>muh wallet keys have to be stored on pen and paper underneath my mattress
>no chargerback protection so I can't do shit if pajeets scam me
> have to worry everyday about bitcoin 3939 overtaking bitcoin as the reserve currency
this shit is a way to get rich quick. never going to be mainstream.

its both. plus its easier to not care about drops when youre not a late adopter

Smart contracts will be able to solve most of that. Crypto banks will become popular too.

first and second solved by custodians, third is not an issue because if a shitcoin like bcash replaces bitcoin this market was destined for failure anyway

Both for me 2bh.

I'm a libertarian who loves making money and hates banks. Crypto is great in my book

Are you too stupid to buy Monero, user?

its purely pnd scam, but might change in 2020. Fake it till you make it

>smart contracts will be able to solve most of that

smart contacts are just a fancy term for scripts
they r nothing special
they r also a great security risk, look at ethereum dao

>custodians
>CUSTODIANS

Imagine being this much of a brainlet on Veeky Forums
hay genuis, the entire point of crypto was to be decentralized
having custodians = banking 2.0.

We are in a speculative bubble, most of these shitcoins will vanish just like they did last time, there are genuine coins though and if you held them from the last bubble until now, you'd be stinking rich.
This is not the end, not by a long shot.

I'm just not seeing the cryptocurrency aspect. Crypto could be used to secure Fiat transactions, but there's no need to pay for a dinner in crypto.

hahahaha, and you're calling me the brainlet? nobody has to use a custodian dumbass, the difference is you have free reign of the network yourself but you can use a hosted wallet.

what do you think coinbase is, genius?

Yes I believe in this technology with all my heart
I believe that it will be the only true democratic structure remaining that we could build upon after a societal collapse
I believe it can completely remove corruption and malpractice from governance. I believe it can bring us into a new age of humanity.

I believe in it disrupting the banking monopoly but I also think some things are a bit of a ponzi.

hay brainlet, crypto is hella inconvenient. custodians make it convenient but they destroy the entire point of crypto. so crypto will never be mainstream.

There were always taxes on crypto, technically. Any time you realize a gain, it is a taxable event. Sucks, but its true.

>destroy the point of crypto
please, stop embarrassing yourself.

just like the payment protocol BIP that ensures you dont get served a MITM address from malware, there will be (or probably already is) a BIP to make an escrow payment via one of many different services.

not everyone wants to use the raw network itself, and not everyone needs to. the point is you can, if you want. the base layer is decentralized, and you can add layers of "centralization" in the form of reversible txs, custodian wallets for insurance, etc. but you can never go from a centralized base layer to decentralized layers on top, which is the main reason why bcash is a flawed concept.

much more difficult to enforce though, especially when payment processors for second layers like lightning or plasma start rolling out into the mainstream.

the real solution is to stop double dipping on taxing your money.

If you're being serious I would like you to elaborate on democratic.

I don't give a fuck what crypto becomes. This is my ticket into the aristocracy of the future.

Nothing says "freedom" like a public record of every transaction you've ever made.

Except coins exist with non-public blockchains you Gargantuan ignoramus