Business opportunity

TLDR: Looking for investors - mining farm - free electricity - cold area - possibly synergy pot growing - legal

Hi guys!

I've had a couple discussions with people on here a couple weeks ago. I actually posted this thread then but it was accidentally on Veeky Forums instead of here. I browse both boards and well.. they're both blue. oops

Nevertheless I got many people from there and locked in 3 investors already. If they agree, I could possibly put serious people that want to double check on my in contact with them

You already got the idea. I'm piling up capital to set up a mining rig/farm, which I will manage. Profits will be shared proportionnally to the investment (keep reading it gets more interesting later). I already have enough to get thigns going, but a bigger capital would increase profitability for all parties involved.

I am extremely aware the main concern holding people back is the safety of their funds and I'm making it a priority to find a way to secure them. Paper contract would probably be the simplest solution, automated deposits into a smart contract too. Everything will be agreed upon before anyone's money is involved.

All terms are still completely negotiable and I'm extremely opened to criticism/suggestions.

Now this is where it gets "different" with me.

I live in Quebec, Canada (won't disclose the city here). Not only do I pay only 0.02-0.03$USD/KW/h (you can look it up if you doubt it, dont forget change rate), but it's cold as fuck here. Electric heaters are almost as energy inneficient to heat a room than mining. The heat that comes out of mining saves me money from heating. When I take out the energy cost of mining, it evens out to an insignificant amount. Which I'll consider to be zero. I won't deduct any power fees from investors profits. It's negligible anyway.

Now this is where is gets weirder.

Please take note everything would be DECLARED and LEGAL. I have an accountant and I already started looking carefully into all the details (fire insurance, taxes, etc)

Pot will be legal in Canada on July 1st
If we can get a powerful enough rig that puts out substantial heat, I'd like to double down on the project and utilize the heat to grow pot crops.

PART 2-3

Fuck off Pajeet.

Now please take note, I don't smoke. I touched week a couple times as a teen and that's it.

But like a lot of people here, I like the smell of money. Crypto and weed are 2 things that have a STRONG smell of money on them right now.

THEREFORE, I am also looking for someone with a lot of SERIOUS experience in hydroponic farms and such. This part of the project is still only theoritical and I can't give you much details or profitability estimates. But it has potential.

If we get to that point. I'll probably register everything as a company and sell the crops to the government for their official stores.

It's ambitious, it's original. It might be a little bit risky considering the state of the market. But the risk:reward here is very big.

I don't want to give out my identity on Veeky Forums for obvious reasons, so I'll give out my discord name here User#8804. I'll reveal identity and answer any questions to people showing interest if asked.

I am extremely aware that the only thing holding a lot of people back is the safety of their funds and the priority right now is to settle on a way to secure them for a 0 scam risk. Because I understand I'm the only risk factor here.

Won't reveal detailed bio here but I'll at least say I have many years of management of 150~ employees (unrelated field) and I'm now a computer engineering student.

I'm meeting up in person with 2 of the investors this week. They're driving a long way here. I already know where we'll be setting up the right and they want to see it. It's secured, and cool.

I'll answer general questions here too for a bit

Part 3/3

P.S. I meant to see "I got many people from there to message me [/fit] and locked in 3 serious investors"

This is probably a larp but ill give you the benefit of the doubt. How much for 1% equity (assuming 1% equity = 1% of profit), and what legal framework do you have to ensure this isnt just an internet scam?

>oops
stopped reading

How much for 5 ETH

mining AND weed?

im down! so down you can call me Bitcoin

I dont have a contract set down yet. I made different estimates depending on the investments already. I'm not looking to rush this. I want to do things right.

Currently I'm busy trying to collate all the info for the meetup. On tuesday evening I'll have a better idea of the terms and details of equity.

My idea right now is that revenue minus fix-rent (very small) minus my cut that investors agree upon (a percentage of profits for managing everything and controlling/tuning the miners, the legal work, the paperwork, etc)=profits
Profits are then divided according to the percentage of the initial capital you brought in.

I haven't set my cut because I think it would be fair if investors sort of voted for it or at least that everyone agreed on one beforehands.

>Not only do I pay only 0.02-0.03$USD/KW/h
pays 0.285$USD KW/h
>tfw lives in corrupt democractic state, utilities have a monopoly, pay to play amurrcan system at its best.

also; the weed thing is stupid and a meme, that ship has sailed and is way harder than everyone pretends. you dont just grow weed in your house and sell it, there are years of regulation involved, applying for lisences, getting rejected for technicalities, re applying, having inspectors check your premises, further applications, setting up distribution networks. Its like 2-3 years before youre making money selling weed and thats if you started the process today. Not really a selling point assuming you are being serious about all of this, kind of just makes you sound naive and like you havent done your research. The crowd funded mining operation in a cold country with low energy cost has merit though

I think it's important to show that I'm a real individual that does mistakes like everyone and not try to show off. I'm showing honestly instead of hiding my errors to make the proposition more appealing.

Im interested. Will you simply be posting more info here? or do you have an email i can use to get in touch?

Also, I dunno about the weed side of it.

um weed growing is elec intensive because of the grow lights....

Great deal! Where do i give you all my money?!

That all makes sense but you have to give people some idea of what they're expected to pay for this opportunity if you want them to take it seriously. The structure youre describing sounds abit overly complicated man, why not just say as of right now you own 100%, and are looking to raise x amount to make it happen, the amount contributed buys you a proportionate % of the company and you keep whats left over? Equity ownership for all parties then equally translates to % of profit recieved. So how much are you trying to raise total?

I actually let out more air than usual and almost laughed

I can't fathom having the constant stress from counting dollars leaving my wallet as I leave a simple light bulb lit.

It sounds like 2nd world quality of life at most.

Sorry brah

>inside my home
insecure building

>with pot
increases risk of breakin in an insecure building

If I was grouping together with investors, I'd just buy a parcel of land in your area, send a few shipping containers filled with mining equipment to hook in to the power grid.

In the rare event that physical maintenance is needed, you or anyone able to do basic lifting and troubleshooting would be contracted per visit for a paltry sum.

do you have the mining farm hardware yet?

or are you going to start this at the end of the bubble at x3 msrp?

How much is the minimum investment?

this is true op, quebec has had drugs ran by hells angels forever and they want to hand this over to gov hands not businesses that can be ran by these undesirables

The weed side of things is honestly just a bonus if it works. But anything where electricity is a significant factor in the profitability equation is 15x more interesting when done at my power cost than an average American. I know for a fact many people will see potential there. For now, I'll just focus on the mining side of things and make sure people get the investment back asap.

I wanna see a cash flow projection and a break down of startup costs.

If you have discord and can direct message me at user 8804 I would prefer this than posting directly my contact info on here. I could possibly make an email just for this if you can't use discord.

Obviously I give out my real identity once I talked with someone and he has shown he's serious. But this is Veeky Forums.

Oh and why is this more effective than going to nevada/colorado and buy weed farms that are almost bankrupt, you can get them pennies on the dollar. Plus u said that ur place is really cold. this would mean we would have to do it hydroponically in a controlled indoor/greenhouse environment.

Ship sailed on this stuff awhile ago imo
Meme pot and crypto was 2013

the date for canadian pot isnt exactly july 1st

it was just a comment we want it by this time but nothing official has been put in action.

I already mine with GPUs. It grew and I set up some GPU mining for individuals which I got paid for.

Then though some contacts I got to set up a little more complex mining setup in a "gaming bar" which I won't identify here. They run it when outside of business hours.

That's when I realised I should get my own operation going.

Because Canada is a much bigger market than Colorado and isn't already saturated. Also I'm Canadian, I'm not going to buy shitty companies 4000km from me that are already failing at what they do when I can do it myself.

Also to reiterate, the weed part is a theory. I'd like to explore this and I want to partner with people that are open to the idea of exploring it. Maybe we won't end up doing it if it's not profitable. When I have more details, I'll present it to investors and we can determine if it's worth it or not. This isn't happening before several months in any case, whilst the mining would launch in a couple weeks max.

Fuck off back to warriorforum.

It is going to be legal on a federal level on july 1st. Is is up to provinces (states here) to establish if they want to follow on this or not. You wont get a federal offense though.

Quebec is pushing hard to be ready for july 1st and I'd be extremely surprised to see it postponed, although if it does, as I mentioned before, I'll just wait for it to be legal to consider it. There is no rush as this is just a secondary part of the project.

This I can actually do. Contact me.

Not inside my home. Not sure where you got that from.

There isn't one. But if you try to troll me with 2$ I will simply ignore you as I'm extremely busy. Use your judgement

how big is your farm now? and how big do you plan on expanding to?

and whens the ico?

I understand the concern and I'm avoiding actual numbers here because it's a terrible troll magnet. I will gladly discuss them in private.

Right now I base my own estimates on the optimal hashrate I can get with the capital on hand.

The market is also extremely fucked up right now so it kinda screws the number because the value:mining-difficulty ratio of most coins is way off from the crash still

I am somewhat deliberately not vulgarizing things here as to filter non-serious people. People that are actually interested and need clarification on something that seems complicated can ask me directly.

I'm not sure how the equity part isn't clear. If you put 1% of the initial total capital, you will get 1% of all revenues.

Rough estimated bring me to see profits (gear paid back for) in 3 months to 8 months depending on a LOT of factors, one being the state of the market. I aim and am confident I could achieve profitability in ~4months after the mining actually starts. Don't forget I don't factor in the cost of power.

That means 3x investment in a year. Sure, you might get that by buying crypto. But you might not. It's a very interesting way to diversify and has very little risk. (The probability of you losing money is close to zero. Worst case scenario is it takes a while before you make some)

My own mining equipment currently isnt anything worth mentioning. I got it optimized extremely well and I am making way more than I should with it though.

My experience comes mostly from setting up other people's rigs. Including the gaming bar I mentioned above

I am getting many friend requests on discord. I might not answer individual messages before tomorrow because I got shit to do and this is very time consuming but don't worry I'll get back to each person eventually

Pot is ridiculously small compared to what it will become once it's legalized in the US and elsewhere. Right now it's about a $10B industry. In a couple of years it'll be $30B.

Also please PM that you're from Veeky Forums when you add me because I use discord for other things too and I have no idea who is who.

i set up an email for people that don't have discord. [email protected]

Definitely not putting my main email on Veeky Forums

I won't check that very often though.

what kind of scale are you talking here OP? how many men on ground? just yourself?