Inherent Value of Crypto

Someone explain to me the inherent, tangible real-world use and value of crypto and blockchain technology. We've obviously had a speculative bubble in the past year, which wasn't based on the widespread adoption or utility of crypto but on the speculation that it would one day BECOME widely adopted and useful. Don't tell me it's already widespread, yes it's widely known but less than 1% of people in the US have any.

So I can see 2 things happening; either it dies completely because it was ALL speculation, or its initial mania phase is over and now after this crash it will grow steadily over the next 10 years and be adopted by more than 80% of the population because it's an INHERENTLY useful tool. If this happens then the price will obviously moon, but it's not going to moon again just on speculation. I need to see the fundamental value.

So please someone explain to me how and why crypto will become widely used in the future as technology develops and which ones are most likely to do so. And why/if current coins are safe from things like being banned by governments who want to implement their own versions as a currency. If blockchain tech becomes widely adopted/used it doesn't necessarily mean any of the current coins will be in use in 10 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@dsquareddigest/how-i-guesstimated-the-value-of-bitcoin-in-2014-e64f327753c8
wiki.mises.org/wiki/Subjective_theory_of_value
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>explain to me
Why?

Tulip mania never happened
I didn't read your post

>Someone explain to me the inherent, tangible real-world use and value of crypto and blockchain technology.

Hiding laundered money.

Thanks, that's all folks.

>I did zero reading, please spoonfeed me

Nah

Sage

Triple entry accounting. If you cant understand please keep quiet, thanks.

also darkweb drugs n guns n shit

A decentralised currency that allows you to send any amount of money anywhere in the world for a cent within 10minutes

There will only ever be 21million
The blockchain can also be used in anything where trust is a problem

No one actually knows it’s a gamble but take for example the value of USD currency declining, there’s opportunity for crypto.

You know, programming algorithms were always the best long term investment. They never go outdated.

That has links to UXTO, right?

Yeah pretty much.

medium.com/@dsquareddigest/how-i-guesstimated-the-value-of-bitcoin-in-2014-e64f327753c8

It's simple. We can't trust governments or companies to control the money. It doesn't work. They print more, they embezzle, and they generally fuck us over. There is a real and practical need for a global currency.

It won't be Bitcoin though. Slow and shitty.

There is need, there is demand, and it's very likely it'll be some kind of crypto. You call bitcoin a bubble like that's a bad thing.

1. Tulipmania didn't actually happen
2. Railroads were a bubble
3. Tech companies were a bubble
4. Crypto Currency is a bubble

Railroads changes the world. The internet and tech companies changed the world. Crypto is going to change the world. Which crypto? I don't know. But I'll tell you this, it is happening, and I'm going to make money on the way up.

There are heaps of crypto projects that have inherant value because the will literally change the world. HST is a good example

when quantum computing gets off the ground, the shit can be altered in seconds. There is no security benefit in the long-term. It will be worthless here

brainlet here, have any resources that could help me understand the value that triple entry bookkeeping has over DEB?

>Which crypto?
bitcoin

You can make crypto provably quantum secure and there already are some. The legacy ones will be theoretically worthless though. Most prominent example of a quantum secure crypto would be iota right now.

Thanks for a serious answer. I didn't call crypto a bubble, I said it has been IN a speculative bubble. I know it could change the world, just trying to establish some probabilities. If it grows again it will be more linear and slow, but eventually to prices orders of magnitude higher.

The main barriers would be government and bank intervention- they know crypto would undermine their power so will of course do everything they can to control them, or adopt them and try to ban/destroy others not in their control.

I guess it all depends on how free and secure the internet itself will be over the next 10-20 years.

(checked)
Thanks I will look into it.

is it on binance?

>I didn't call crypto a bubble, I said it has been IN a speculative bubble.
You are really this delusional I see

Can you read?

how do you know we aren't currently at the part of the .com chart 1998-2000?

The shape of the graph

See the circle in red? That's most likely Crypto right now. We still have a long way to go.

Crypto will be inevitably adopted. But it will be something like Tether with smart contracts. A market-pegged asset backed by the government. Altcoins will keep circulating in the shadow.

lol

>its initial mania phase is over and now after this crash it will grow steadily over the next 10 years and be adopted by more than 80% of the population because it's an INHERENTLY useful tool
ring a ding ding baby.

The only real, tangible real-world use for cryptocurrency that absolutely cannot be supplemented with anything else is anonymous black market purchases.

>steady linear rise followed by linear fall
>this is where we are with crypto
>not the exponential part of the graph

This is what denial looks like. Don't take advice from people who literally know nothing about economics or maths.

Retard. There can't be a currency with limited supply

It has no inherent value

It is simply
>Do you think someone will buy it from you for more in the future
Then buy, if not you sell.

And a lot of that will come down to dips like this, where people see a floor their confidence is regained. All it took last week was one whale propping the price up and people suddenly thought they will have selling opportunities at a profit in the future.

I can see this repeating a lot for a while now; slow bleeds and quick sudden rushes going roughly sideways until development of crypto uses properly takes hold and we enter into adoption.

Take advantage, buy dips sell peaks and be nimble moving between currencies taking advantage where you see value

Block chain is a better public ledger , Imagen a use for one and that is the value of crypto. Obviously money was the first use of that leger since it's obvious.

So basically all current coins will be outlawed and replaced by a government issued crypto.

Hopefully not, but that is a pretty real possibility.

Facebook has no inherent value

See you at a trillion dollar market cap.

Crypto-currencies are currencies. Their utility are people using them to conduct transactions. So, the "best" (or most healthy) currencies are the ones that are most often used for transactions that aren't just investor-to-investor speculation. As it turns out, there aren't many *coins that fit this because few traditional banks/businesses want to accept crypto, and this has intensified in the past month as more and more credit cards and banks simply ban all crypto purchases using their systems. This will kill 99% of them, if not all.

The main problem with cryptos today is that the basic concept is for anonymous transactions, not as a store of wealth. As archaic as it may seem, all cryptos are based around the idea of every user mining their own money. As this is not happening, wild speculation is occurring as people lazily chose to buy in instead.

Officially it's a "Decentralized currency"
In reality, no one care about that shit and the first thing they're interested is the direct relative value to fiat so they can buy low and sell high

As a speculative tool it is doomed to crash and burn. The entire market is based on the greater fool theory.

As a currency it got some niche use once it stabilize, but by then 99.99% of users will have trashed it because it wil have become an actual currency instead of a ponzi scheme.

It's a social media platform that made 4 billions last year, just by selling ads and data
I dont think you know what inherent value mean

Jesus christ you are stupid.

>What is inflation
>What is QE

Nominal price doesn't mean anything. The dollar is being destroyed, crypto could be at a quintillion dollars in 10 years and you might be able to use the money to buy a loaf of bread because the dollar is becoming WORTHLESS. Real gains are relative to gold.

(checked)
Ok so it is pure speculation. Fair enough if you want to bet on that and you can probably do well if you pay a lot of attention to it and understand how speculative bubbles work. But for value investing it's extremely unattractive. I might buy $100 worth in this dip just for fun.

I don't understand why you feel crypto will change the world. What can't you accomplish right now with fiat (sending money, buying shit online) And more importantly, why would the economical tycoons of the world allow it to step over them?

Quantum teleportation will be the ultimate method of secure transfer of information in the future.

>the largest database of potential consumer information that a marketer could possibly hope for isn't inherently valuable

>Crypto-currencies are currencies. Their utility are people using them to conduct transactions.

Crypto is being used as a speculative circle jerk. No one is buying DVDs or shoes with crypto.

Because you haven't realized until now this is the first thing you should have tried to look at is why you're a cretin. DYOR.

Sadly, this guy makes the most sense. Thank you for opening my eyes. I've been blinded by missing the boat that now I'm actually stuck on it.

>hey guys there were bubbles in history therefor crypto is bubble heh checkmate

I love such posts. How convenient for you to exclude the "legalism bubble", the "trade bubble", the "colonial trade bubble", the "industrial bubble", the "stock exchange bubble", the "technological bubble", or you know, every single fucking innovation and societal advance that has happened in humanity's history and has lead to a drastic exponential increase without any corrections at all.

But hey, let's focus on the handful of bubbles which lead to zero innovation whatsoever and pretend that the monetized blockchain technology is absolutely useless to humanity and is *surely* not something that the future humanity simply cannot exist without, especially when it comes to things like AI

Honestly the only crypto I see surviving is ETH. Well scratch that. More like the ethereum platform as a whole.

It's not pure speculation, there's reward in being an early adopter but the ultimate goal is to achieve a currency which value is tied to productive growth instead of being tied to more adopters.

With every bull run a lot of people come trying to get rich by doing nothing, but out of that group of people, a few ones become interested and show support for the idea.

The growth of interest is becoming organic, and bear markets and corrections allow us to see the real value of cryptos.

If cryptos were a bubble, a 50% drop in value would quickly turn into a 100% drop in value, truth is we're seeing resistance points higher and higher which means there are more and more money convinced that cryptos are a technology worth investing into.

There are people celebrating institutional money and regulations that allow people to speculate without risk, those people don't realize they're just trying to build a bubble.

What we need is more people interested in the technology cause the CBs are fucking us over, forbidding us from leading our own life plans through the pillage of our savings forcing us to go through (((banks))) if we ever want a house, a car or start a fucking business, to become debt dependent so the governments can score higher consumption rates so they can win another election even if it's at the cost of our future.

It's only valuable under certain economic conditions.

If we didn't have all our productive improvements and technological advances what would a database of consumers be worth to someone who has to collect his own food?

Inherent value is something that is demonstrably useful under any circumstance and for everyone, and few things are inherently valuable.

So how will a currency like cryptos be distributed if they take over normal fiat currency? Will everyone have to mine for money in their own homes? What will become of peoples paychecks for actual physical work?

You guys need to stop spreading the truth. Don't want regulations.

Its true that it was designed as a currency, but it is really really really bad at that.

Consider these properties of the blockchain
• Immutable (size of the chain grows with transaction volume whch means wallet sync will be fucked)
• All transaction history is public.
• Since transactions are immutable there are no consumer protections

These are very bad qualities of a currency and they are a step backwards to what we already have. Blockchain as a data structure has been known for over 10 years and there have been very few good applications for it discovered.

You are right about BTC but wrong about blockchain

Smart contracts and DAOs are the future

>crypto is bubble

So you literally understand nothing about economics . Things can be IN speculative bubbles which sends their price skyrocketing beyond their real value. That doesn't mean their real value won't continue to grow over time, but it does mean retarded fanboys like you will lose your money when the bubble bursts back to the mean.

But no, it's more important that you're right than to do any analysis, of course.

It's insurance against bad policy from governments and central banks.

No.

Smart contracts require you to sync the blockchain still so they can be evaluated. It still doesn't scale. No block chain solution scales from a network utilization standpoint either

this

look at the dot com bubble
nobody uses the internet anymore

and before you talk about timeframe, remember that everything happens in crypto an order of magnitude or more faster than regular markets.

>if cryptos were a bubble

This board is so full of fucking retards. When house prices are IN a bubble, do you say "houses ARE a bubble so their value will drop 100%"? No of course not. Markets can be in speculative bubbles above and beyond their real current value, which clearly has happened with crypto because it's bursting. That doesn't mean I'm saying there is NO value. The point of this thread was to try and learn what the real value would be. I don't think it's 0 and it will probably grow to be very high. But it needs to grow organically in real world current value, not in people's wild speculations like in the last year. Learn the difference between value investing and speculation. Your post said it had no inherent value, ie the price would be based on pure speculation right now.

>Guys if you just switch your charts to the LOGARITHMIC view, you can see this is definitely the bottom.

You're one of these fags aren't you?

>look at the dotcom bubble

You're proving my point. There was a big bubble of speculation, it burst back to the mean, then the real value grew over time. Cryptos are currently bursting. This thread is to establish how much real value growth there will now be in next 20 years.

>everything happens in crypto an order of magnitude or more faster than regular markets

No it fucking doesn't. How could it? You are blinded by the recent exponential speculation bubble, mistaking it for the rate of real value growth. You're the retard in 1999 saying "hurr durr everything happens faster in the internet markets, 1 trillion MC by 2005". In 20 years the crypto chart will look exactly like that one, if cryptos do indeed have inherent value.

>pretend that the monetized blockchain technology is absolutely useless to humanity
To the part of humanity that doesn't take interest in buying weed and CP it kinda is.

It does happen faster, look at how long the dot com bubble ramped up and crashed

crypto is doing what it did in years in months

It's at least 10x accelerated. Within 2 years we'll be back at 800B, and that's worst case.

Cryptocurrencies are a secure decentralized ledger, you can use it for fund transfer but also use it to store specific data which history remains stored. I don't doubt the potential value of it honestly.

There is no such thing as "inherent" value you fucking moron. This is basic economics. This is two hundred year old economics. This is the economic equivalent of thinking the sun revolves around the earth. Educate yourself before you dabble in the sciences, you fucking moron.

wiki.mises.org/wiki/Subjective_theory_of_value

>The dollar is being destroyed, crypto could be at a quintillion dollars in 10 years and you might be able to use the money to buy a loaf of bread because the dollar is becoming WORTHLESS

fucking idiot, people would then use crypto to purchase with. no different than zimbabwe dollars hyperinflating and zimbabweans switching to use the american dollar to purchase goods with locally.

>Real gains are relative to gold.

what is fiat currency

"Inherent" means it has properties which make it useful. Not everyone buying it just because they think other people will buy it at a higher price.

>what is fiat currency
Money illusion. If crypto-illusion breaks (as it is currently doing), its price will rest on its fundamental usefulness. Which is what this thread is about establishing.

all these replies and people still cant show a needed use case for crypto lol

With every passing day, fewer merchants take bitcoin. For a while there was a boom in people using it for transactions, but that's ended, and there's just about no use for transactions now. The only use left for bitcoin is speculation.

An user above said "oh, all value is subjective", and that's true, but it is very, very unlikely people will continue to subjectively value what amount to the internet equivalent of pogs or bottlecaps or beanie babies at thousands of dollars each.

Generally people only value shit because it's useful, and bitcoin isn't actually used for anything other than people betting that it is going to rise.

low iq faggot detected

>"Inherent" means it has properties which make it useful. Not everyone buying it just because they think other people will buy it at a higher price.

Not like stocks or anything...

>its price will rest on its fundamental usefulness. Which is what this thread is about establishing.

ponzi shitcoins will fall by the wayside and tokens that power their application will win out long term

>So please someone explain to me how and why crypto will become widely used in the future as technology develops and which ones are most likely to do so
It really won't:

>can't be taxed (government will have no source of revenue)
>does away with middlemen (financial institutions will be against this)
>relies heavily on computers and internet (meaning it won't be adopted on 3rd world poor countries)
>will be obsolete once quantum computing comes

Only buttcoin faggots are this DELUSIONAL about a financial currency revolution or some shit.

>A share in the profits of a mining company isn't useful

They are overvalued but at least they have some real world value.