Is truck driving a comfy job?

Is truck driving a comfy job?

To be honest not seeing any colleagues and having a comfy truck where I could sleep at night and shitpost from my 4G internet connection makes me dream.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOgFGj06vr0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

look on Veeky Forums they usually have a trucker general

Does look comfy desu

The pay is fantastic. You’ll take home 100k+ no sweat after a year or two.

If you have the time, money, skill and patience to obtain the licenses.

Also if you don't mind dropping dead at 45, or can somehow mitigate the damage from 12h a day sat on your ass.

If you have the chill to deal with difficult access situations, very low pay, and the risk of maintaining/buying/selling/protecting your rig.

Yes!

I drive the bus, 40k starting. They pay for everything.

do you plan to die in 2025 with the industry?

If I can enjoy a few years of comfy truck driving I'm fine with that. By the time there are autonomous trucks I'll be probably tired of it anyway.

how comfy is the ride?

how do you avoid picking up black teenagers

Those are greyhounds and not public buses

Be honest user you would turn tricks in that shit for side cash.

>autonomous trucks
This is a meme.
What would an autonomous truck do if there was a fallen tree?
What would an autonomous truck do if there is a road accident ahead and 3 out of 5 lanes were blocked?
As long as the cargo is valuable, there will be a need for human truck drivers. Maybe not physically there. But they will still be required

Unless you are in New England or in the upper Rocky Mountains you are hauling nogs senpai

Depends all on what you aim to do. Sounds like if you want a truck with a sleeper cab then you want to do long haul trucking. Long hours, can be a bit dangerous depending on your routes as well as your sleep schedule. But the pay is great and if you're a single man it seems like a pretty good time. You could always start with something like FedEx Freight, doing local pickups and deliveries to get a feel for it.
source: almost 10 years in logistics industry.

The pay is not low, 60k no experience most places

1) Join one of these shitty CDL recruitment programs
2) Shitpost on Veeky Forums and research coins to put money into whenever not driving
3) When the industry disappears because of automation, already have a nice stack of ETH or whatever
4) ???
5) Profit

On a scale of brainlet that bought BTC at ATH to pepeplushie poster, how braindead am I if I'm seriously considering this now after seeing this thread

Fallen tree drive around it or call for backup.

The same thing a truck driver would do instead it costing way less money.

That probably a bonus for the AI. You can't kidnap an AI.

The driver seat is the most comfortable seat on the bus.

You don't but to ensure they don't sit in the front seats tell them they are "handicap only"

Company or independent?

Too much human interactions, and you can't stop whenever you feel tired.

They're pretty comfy desu, posting from one right now :^)

>implying i dont already sit on my ass 16 hours a day in front of the computer
maybe i should look into trucking..

youtube.com/watch?v=FOgFGj06vr0

Getting my truck licence. Made 120K in crypto after taxes. What Truck would you suggest? Looking to become an independent street cowboy

It's quite comfy 2bh. Pic related.

If you want to be a steel cowboy pre-07 longnose kw or Pete is your only option

It’s a comfy job dude. I don’t do long hauling, so my tractor has no bed in the back. Still, good pay, listen to music or podcast all day, very little human interaction. It all depends on what company you work for, some pay better, some are less stressful, etc. And yep, I shitpost on my breaks or while waiting for a load.

dude smartcars can already see through fucking walls

>he drives an automatic
13 speed or nothing, driver.

I don't think I'd be up for all the gear changes and murdering prostitutes.

Can't believe I got farm simulator instead of this one

Haha, I work at UPS, not my personal truck but all our newer ones are auto. We’re probably 50/50 now. I prefer manual especially in this snow.

What's your schedule like and do you have inward facing cameras? Unironically have considered ups

Do they still start out at like 65k a year?

Also, logisticsfag here

They're called feeders and package cars