Exactly 381 years ago -- to this very day

Exactly 381 years ago -- to this very day.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/aconite/tulipomania.html
hackernoon.com/ten-years-in-nobody-has-come-up-with-a-use-case-for-blockchain-ee98c180100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

meme magic

They had crypto currency back then too ??

kek

never change /human/

The whales gave been at this game for awhile, huh?

How does a fucking flower have a stock price?

just buy the dip

lul

still hodlin

who says they were trading stocks
they were trading tulips

Hahahahahahah cracked me in half

>Hey look at me I watched that Wolf movie and they said something about this Tulip Mania xDDDDD

Have something I made for Veeky Forums

The Tulip bubble is the first recorded bubble in history and is taught in economic classes.

Back story: Back in 1636 tulips become a really desired commodity (because of nobility). But within a year everyone got into tulips, and the demand collapsed, effectively popping the price of the tulip.

Read more: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

POTTERY

Tulips still exist niggas WE HODL FOR LIFE! JUST KEEP HOLDING IT WILL GO UP!

Tulib = blockchen

sell sel slel redard

Why the fuck didn't they just go into the wild and find tulips themselves, or just grow them? How the fuck does a flower cause a speculative bubble?

You can create your own cryptocurrency with about 40 lines of code, user.

It it's beautiful

Certain rare strains were valuable.

one type that is now extinct went for a year's wages back then.

Maniacal, irrational trading behavior

Yeah but you can use crypto in the real world applications. A flower is just for eating or decoration. You grow flowres

People specifically breed them to have certain colors and characteristics. Think of it as the icon chose for a new crypto, or maybe the white paper

That type of Tulip was not native to the region, so at the start there was a fairly limited supply. And even then it took a while for seeds to reach enough people and then for those to grow tulips to really oversaturate the market.

>Yeah but you can use crypto in the real world applications.

>people dont know that one farmer switched from farming crops to tulips one day flooding the market with tulips thus making them useless

>muh crypto is the same as terrrleeereppssss
kys all of you

>so you got like this guy who ebts on me whos betting on selena gomez and thats the stock market

> Yeah but you can use crypto in the real world applications. A flower is just for eating or decoration. You grow flowres

Blockchain has been around for 10 years.

Please list 3 places you have used crypto technology that isn't speculation or investing related.

It's almost too coincidental to be true

hmmmmmmmm

Just a beartrap
TUPL will go up any day now.

>Exactly 381 years ago -- to this very day.
Coincides pretty nicely with the stock market collapse and the reversal of the crypto correction.

Crypto is the future, stocks are shitty tulips.

>A pretty flower is the same thing as a brand new technology with the potential to change the world as we know it

I'm gonna enjoy becoming a millionaire while all the people who have said it's the same as a tulip bulb scramble to buy up the last scraps of crypto, these sub humans don't even deserve the drippings from the tip of my dick

That's what (((they))) want you to believe.

lol

>they stopped selling because people stopped showing up because they were avoiding the plague

I used it to buy other cryptos.

drugs

and to pay for a hockey ticket to my friend

Here is an academic posting from UChicago.

It did collapse in early February.

Link: penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/aconite/tulipomania.html

And you could do that yourself
So...It's a fucking flower.

It's important to remember that the Tulip situation was a bubble. The crypto situation right now has been a bubble (NOT a "correction").

if the stock market falls as sharply as it did when the dot-com bubble happened or the housing market bubble, then the bubble paradigm will apply to the stock market. But as of right now, we aren't to that level yet in stocks, though we are past that point in crypto.

Monica!

Hahahahaha

>potential to change the world as we know it

Yeah, in about 20+ years after the boomer generation dies so you're going to be hodling for a long time with no Lambo in sight. They aren't going to be buying into this new fangled magic meme money that they do not understand and see all the kids using.

Except this is revolutionary tech that does shit??? But ofcourse you're too brain damaged to understand Bitcoin regularly pulls back 40%

what does it do

Congrats. So you basically paid up to 20k for drugs or a hockey ticket.
Imagine if you werent a retard and kept them.

Well a lot people back then did this.
Gues what. No one will do that now. Crypto is here for holding and selling, nothing else anymore.

They'll buy it. Boomers are retarded as fuck and many haven't saved enough for retirement despite having the world handed to them on a silver fucking platter. They'd see this as a "get rich quick" plan and then we can take revenge on them.

blockchain technology is great, but bitcoin itself is worthless and creates no value.

the entire bitcoin market is predatory in nature and serves no purpose other than to make those who understand this richer - it preys on people and will continue to do so.

EVERYONE WHO TALKS ABOUT 'REVOLUTIONARY TECH' MUST READ THIS ARTICLE.

hackernoon.com/ten-years-in-nobody-has-come-up-with-a-use-case-for-blockchain-ee98c180100

You guys know that the tulip thing never happened right ? It was a fabricated story made by economists as an example of Speculative bubbles

okay you just keep on selling your worthless coins for lower proices then...

And here I come kingdom of God

8/10, genuinly chuckled

No, they won't. People are stubborn and get stuck in their ways only sticking to what they know or believe. No rich Boomer is going to risk what they spent 40 years working for on this "computer money". Some crusty old farts out there probably still pile cash under the mattress because they still don't trust electronic banking. The upcoming generations will adopt crypto but you're aging parents, the ones with all the equity, won't.

Boomers are behind this crash, they fomoed on the way up and badmouthed everybody that got in before them out of jelly and they panic sold after a 10% dip.

>1636-1637

No it doesn't. It literally does nothing but waste shit tons of energy. So far there isn't a SINGLE legitimate use for buttcoins.

You get encryption in return for the energy.

> Imagine if you werent a retard and kept them.

Oh fuck off.
He literally used Bitcoin the way it was meant to be used.
HODLing is degenerate. HODLing is why when a dinosaur shitcoin dips, the whole market shakes.