Is property truly the greatest form of investment?

Is property truly the greatest form of investment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mPGqtfBeUqY
youtube.com/watch?v=Tcxt4U9Hq9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you make it work for you by renting out rooms to poorfags it litterally pays for itself

yes, now tie $300k up for 30 years while you gain 4%

are you serious

Where is that house? Sydney? That'll cost you $1.5mil AUD

>"tie up"
you're living in the place, it's not exactly "tied up" if the alternative is a cardboard bed with newspaper blankets

theoretically but I'd kill myself if I had to stay in one place for more than 2-3 years

The only real answer is that it depends entirely on how much of a hustler you are.

For that piece of shit? Why are houses there so expensive?

buying property in a "worldclass" city that rich thirdworld shits are mass immigrating to is guaranteed returns

Because our govt. allows / encourages foreigners to buy real estate to keep the bubble inflated. If you think crytpo is a bubble you should come to Oz and watch our reality TV shows about real estate.

Makes no sense for a country with so much land and so little people to have some of the most expensive R.E in the world.

Needs a high commitment... minimum 15% deposit on a 7m property

Something you can afford and actually live in, not some fucking imaginary proof that a computer GPU operated at 100% cycles for some period of the time in the past

If you are not living in it then renting it out is a must of course. You should do this for 1-2 years and sell it at a higher price assuming the house market goes well in your area.

What I dont like about houses is they can have hidden issues, they have a limited useful life, and require more repairs as the years go by. Also the industry is filled with scumbag opportunists.

Every property you buy must have a purpose, location is always key.

Loads and loads of Chinese millionaires/billionaires are buying houses in Sydney.

Yes, but the real money's in subdivisions. Especially if you're a builder. Just takes a fuck load of capital.
>t. Sell's (((lifestyle blocks))) to gullible boomers

also dont ever buy innacity property. Land holds value. City property is pretty much dependant on the whatever the market feels like.

gotta give the folks what they want, and if you can do it for cheap then all the better

If you would answer "yes" to the question:
"Would you live in a bitbean?"

Then yes it is

what I mean is, at least don't live inside an investment

>gotta give the folks what they want, and if you can do it for cheap then all the better
No point in holding value, I need cashflow. How could land do that for me better than property?

"Land, it's the only thing that matters, 'cause it's the only thing that lasts"

It's an investment. It shouldnt be a cashflow. Get a real job and do this shit on the side.

My mom doesn't think so but she was sitting on three houses when the bubble burst.

>No point in holding value, I need cashflow.

Which is why you rent it out you utter tard. Holy shit if you spent 1/10th the time you spend researching memecoins in to researching property you'd have made it by now.

you mortgage it

truthfully I wouldn't want to be in an investment market that I can't exit fully in less than a month

I like land and property investing just because it makes me feel like I have a mini empire, and also it's almost always good in the long run

Yes. The only downside is maintaining it. If you have shitty houseguests you’re fucked.

youtu.be/mPGqtfBeUqY

mcmansion hell is great

There's only so many houses I can live in at once.

people who live like that and can act so disgustingly should be fucking culled

youtube.com/watch?v=Tcxt4U9Hq9c

same guy tho

Land is unironically where most profit can be and is derived from, its why Adam Smith and Henry George both supported a Land Value Tax. You can always extract as much rent as you want as average wages increase and you merely need to hold onto land until someone comes along who needs to buy it, either to live on or to build real estate.

I own 2 homes in Vancouver from when my parents passed away. If I fix them up a bit do you think I could make enough to pay the taxes and live in the upper story of one of them?

That's a Chicago bungalow isn't it? I think I know Chicago when I see it

yes sir

property investment is probably one of the most unethical investments out there.

Ive seen nothing but scumbags deal with it but please elaborate on why you think so.

Landlords are fucking cunts. Should be the first the hang on the day of the rope!

I knew it, born and raised. Love the windy city. It's truly the best choice compared to other major cities in the US.

Booo Land Value Tax Boo

Yes, but you are tied up
You are less mobile as a worker.
Labour mobility has a massive premium in the workforce

Not if the prices get regulated.

Well yea, you dont make money being a beta. it's the reason the chinks are doing so well.

Are there any good neighborhoods for under 100k?

I'm okay with apartments.

wait till the commies ruin that too

If your job is so shit that your company won't pay for a hotel to parachute you around the world, then you're probably making less than $20/h and are thus worthless and replaceable to them.

if you're that poor you don't fucking deserve to buy a house. All you deserve it to wageslave until you die to enrich the lives of people better than you.

Get a better fucking job shitter

So the house is like $200k+? If it's not one of your first five properties, then maybe. If you only have one or two under your belt, then maybe more traditional real estate investments in a better part of town

yes cause you have a roof on your head , and even if NEET , nobody can remove you from your OWN FUCKING HOUSE . at least in italy that s how it works . having a HOUSE ( already paid ofc) is the most comfy thing you can experience . you feel safe , at least i do .

Same. I want strategically buy property in the south side. Civiliztion has been slowly creeping south into the jungle.

It worked for me. Bought a house 7 years ago and sold it last month for just over a $200k profit after paying off the rest of the mortgage. Using some of that money for building a small cabin on some acreage I bought and holding on to the rest as "fuck you" money if I feel like quitting my job.

Dont by city property, it's too unstable, and dont be a rent fag unless it's one property. What you want to do is buy a subdivisioned section of land around 5 acres just outside of a medium sized city and build on it. Dont know what the rules are in the states but over here you can get away with doing the pour and building the rest by yourself.

>mom I just got a raise to 20 an hour im gonna make fun of people who don't make that

Nigga I can barely make a sandwich

Property tax in the US means they get their cut here, and if you can't pay the tax for that 400k yearly for like 20 or 30 years, they can take your land

If you think $20/h is good you need to kys desu. That's unskilled laborer wages.

Depends on where you live and your spending habits. At around $20 an hour I was able to buy a house, live fairly comfortably, and save at the same time.

>Depends on where you live
>At around $20 an hour I was able to buy a house, live fairly comfortably, and save at the same time.

oh you live in a shithole, kk

what job did you do??
poor college fag here (no debt)

then just lay back and enjoy the inevitable wage rot into the dirt.

buy in pilsen, dont go too far south.

Nah, pretty nice area. Fairly rural but I can get to Seattle pretty quick.

Painter. I actually got the house on a short sale and fixed it up myself for a bunch of quick equity.

yes