Bitcoin is dead, long live Crypto

Bitcoin dying is probably the best thing that could happen. The rest of the industry would finally be free to just do its own thing instead of jackknifing wildly from boom to bust on the whims of some Indian and Chinese gangsters latest scam attempts.

Discuss.

Be careful what you wish for

Fairx soon. No King rules forever

>people could hold alts without considering bitcoins
>but theyre not going to anyway
what now

those upwards charts are 1min

I hate BTC as much as anybody else holding alts, but it needs to decouple from everything else first. Then it has my permission to die.

Exchanges need to delist bitcoin pairs.

who the hell would 'invest' in a market where nobody is held accountable and the person who 'made' it isn't even known

>Bitcoin dying is probably the best thing that could happen.

What I see is a completely opposite trend. Bitcoin indicates the overall trust in crypto. When BTC is going down, people are selling also other cryptos. People spreading FUD agains BTC are harming the whole crypto community.

Yeah, it'll take a long time to recover if bitcoin dies. Crypto will be around as long as the internet though.

>bitcoin indicates trust
this is self fulfilling, there is nothing especially trustworthy about bitcoin.
the whole reason the market moves with bitcoin even though it lost its absolute marketcap dominance is this baseless belief

This is the future old man :^)

>who the hell would 'invest' in a market where nobody is held accountable and the person who 'made' it isn't even known

That is the whole point of crypto. If someone specific is held accountable, some entity like a person or company, that would create one central point of failure. What if that entity, for example, get banned by the government of the country it resides in? What if that entity stoles everything? The crypto is probably very different thing as you imagine.

This is what the despair phase looks like gentlemen. Smart money is accumulating now.

then that entity is held accountable. that's the point. who will you blame when btc crashes

>>bitcoin indicates trust
>this is self fulfilling, there is nothing especially trustworthy about bitcoin.
>the whole reason the market moves with bitcoin even though it lost its absolute marketcap dominance is this baseless belief

1) Of course it is self-fullfiling, to this day I dont understand why people are selling ETH in the last 2 months, when nothing bad happened to ETH. But you see, it is like it.

2) It is not true that there is nothing especially trustworthy - enormous hashrate increases the security, longer block time is also better for security, and in BTC every node needs to confirm the validity of the transaction, which is also not true for all coins (I am looking at you, NANO).

you wish, it's a capitulation

almost no blockchain has been hacked at any time. in any case forking is always to go to solution and bitcoin has like 10 forks anyway

>then that entity is held accountable. that's the point. who will you blame when btc crashes

But understand, that entity would be a central point of failure. Almost nobody would invest in such a coin. Ok, that entity fucks something up and ends up in jail. What can you do when you lost everything, apart from "blaming" that entity?

BTC crashed because people decided to sell it in large quantities - who to blame for that? It's their money, they decided to sell, even at loss, so they sold.

The first thing we need to do is decouple bitcoin from other coins. WE NEED TO DO THIS. Right now ETH is still moving the same way as BTC.

>Finally my shitcoins have room to grow!
>See this cup and handle forming?
>TRX Moon incoming
>Link Mooning
>Muh flippening

>almost no blockchain has been hacked at any time. in any case forking is always to go to solution and bitcoin has like 10 forks anyway

Yes, but most coins didn't reach a large scale usage, apart from BTC, ETH, and maybe a few others. But ok, this is a matter of opinion. If some coin manages to break free from BTC, so it will not go down when BTC go down, then that's great, I will invest in it. But even ETH didn't achieve that, so I wonder what must be done that some alt succeedes in this.

It's not that easy, do you agree? Bitcoiners did not do anything specific against ETH, do why are ETH holders selling?

>The first thing we need to do is decouple bitcoin from other coins. WE NEED TO DO THIS. Right now ETH is still moving the same way as BTC.

But you don't know how. Question: Why are ETH holders selling now? Seriously, tell us why they are selling, and then we can talk about whether it is realistic for those coins to be decoupled from BTC.

like i said its the market paradigm.
everyone still puts bitcoin on an untouchable pedestal of all crypto, even though it is baseless (lel no pun intended)

It would make sense if btc was the only coin crashing but it's not
Everything follows btc and this won't change anytime soon

>and this won't change anytime soon

EXACTLY. This is the truth. Therefore the first thing what should be done is to stop fudding BTC. That will only help crash the whole crypto market, and those alts will have even less chance to get decoupled from BTC.

Because there are still a very large number of bots that are set to only maximize satoshi counts with no regard to USD value. And these fucking morons are causing the entire market to dump while they continue to accumulate BTC.

we will hit despair at 2-1k.

just because the entity that made bitcoin is unknown doesn't mean they aren't a 'central point of failure'. just think if a corporation weren't held accountable for itself. it's the same thing. it's as if they've been given free reign to manipulate the prices. but regulations would defeat the purpose of bitcoin so it's fine right

>stop fudding btc
this has to happen sooner or later.
sooner is better because overall cap is smaller, theres less to crash

We just have to wait for CoinMetro and their USD trading pairs.

If I had a Satoshi for every time the death of Bitcoin was declared, I'd have a fleet of Lambos.

>it's the same thing.

No, it isn't. I would suggest to learn something about the bitcoin technology. The entity who implemented first version of bitcoin code certainly isn't the central point of failure. Also, I was talking about the failure in technological sense, like some would "bring down" bitcoin network.

Regarding the price, that is manipulated by whales and other sellers/buyers. But this is a completely separated topic.

>Therefore the first thing what should be done is to stop fudding BTC.

I don't know if you have been paying attention to current events but we just got our asses kicked pal.

If we dont cut this coin from the rest of the market, and soon, we risk going a lot lower. I dont want my future to be dependant on a fucking shitcoin like this!!

this was the case until this year when it became more clear the technology is outdated and problems so fundamental that must be replaced.

>a wallet full of dead shitcoins
FTFY

>If we dont cut this coin from the rest of the market, and soon, we risk going a lot lower.

No no, in that case people would sold other coins more and more. Your other non-shitcoin would lost its value just the same.

Corebro here. Enjoying this Bcash chain death spiral. BTC will be fine tho. We can survive another 3 year bear.

>people would sell other coins they were decoupled from btc when btc crashes anyway
why

>Corebro here. Enjoying this Bcash chain death spiral. BTC will be fine tho. We can survive another 3 year bear.

Welcome, bro. Finally a voice of reason. Do you think the Lighting solution is better than just increase block size?

Blockstream are not Indian or Chinese gangsters.
Proof of work is what makes a blockchain work, everything that attempts to remove that foundation is sabotage.

>>people would sell other coins they were decoupled from btc when btc crashes anyway
>why

First of all, I don't fully understand why people mean by "decoupled". Anyway, currently BTC just indicates the belief in the whole crypto, probably for historical reasons.

the technology doesn't matter in regards to whether or not the entity is held accountable. when it comes to the market, the buyers as individuals don't control it. hell most the people who bought bitcoin don't even know shit about the technology

So I'm some guy that wants delivery of the actual promise in Satoshi's vision, a peer to peer electronic cash system, I buy a few hundred thousand BCH and it gets raped because the majority of counterparty trade is BCHBTC and BTC idiots can cash out via my investment.
What do?
Until BTC is dead, there's no hope for the rest of the actual functional working cryptocurrencies.

No the reason why the coins are coupled is because of fucking morons who have their bots set to only care about satoshi count. That means any time a coin grows in satoshi's it gets sold off until the price drops but if BTC gets enough of a downward force then the bots basically tether everything else to BTC.

Logically speaking, BTC should have minimal effect on other coins. If tron had as many bots doing this it would have tethered the entire market to fucking tron.

we need to spread the word outside of Veeky Forums

I saw something different. Roger was massively fudding BTC, you can have a look at /r/btc subreddit, and he also did transaction spam against BTC. He even went so far as trying to rename the coin to "Bitcoin Core", while the coin was always called Bitcoin. So with this FUD, people were prompted to sell BTC, and with it, every other coin including BCH. You BCH holders don't hold too strong, otherwise the price of your coin couldn't go down. Just HODL better, if you believe in your coin.

decoupled means they stop moving identically with or identically opposed to bitcoin.
in other words, the market stops valuing them as an accessory to bitcoin but as assets in themselves (which they are).
the only alts id expect to run with other chains are things like tokens such as erc which rely on their parent platform

If we disabled these fucking bots BTC would fall on its own.

>, there is nothing especially trustworthy about bitcoin.

>almost no blockchain has been hacked at any time
you fucking newfags being so fucking ignorant is why everything is dumping. Educate yourselves, possibly not on r/btc you fucking brainlets

I've sold everything and am short 10x until BTC Is either dead or decoupled, then I'll buy the floor with a basket of actual cryptocurrencies rather than weak shitty paypal clones that the central banks of the world will use to trojan in a global currency even in the event they do ever gain any kind of traction. It's nonsense like this that I'm talking about; drawing attention to actual critical flaws in the product is not "FUDDING BTC" it is called being a reasonable rational person.

go on, name the ones that got haxx0red

prove me wrong or stfu

Let btc die, I don't care my alts suffer in the meanwhile. Everything will return to normal soon.

>I don'tknow if you have been paying attention to current events but we just got our asses kicked pal.

So how do we get out of this chickenshit outfit?

>you fucking newfags being so fucking ignorant is why everything is dumping. Educate yourselves, possibly not on r/btc you fucking brainlets

No its because of you fucking idiots who value satoshi's so much you drag all the rest of us down with you while you act like a god damn cult. FUCK YOU

Bitcoin is going to roar back
Segwit on Coinbase
Robinhood
The SEC giving the thumbs up to Bitcoin today
Lightning soon
Fiat on Bittrex

You'll be able to buy all your altcoins back for 50% in a month.
You should be going all in on BTC

>Internet coin worth 6000$ Each
>BTC is dead
Pick one newfag, Remember BUY HIGH SELL LOW ;)

I am about half ready to go all out and say you BTC peeps need to go. Like go get your own fucking exchanges.

Maybe its time for exchanges that dont include Bitcoin at all.

BTC has no critical flaws. There are only several disagreements how the tech should develop:

1) increase block size and later increase it again etc and every tx should be on one main blockchain (BCH)

2) create cashing solution where small transactions can be done in second layer, but anyone can also use main blockchain if one wants to (BTC)

3) some people also advocate that BTC should have smart contracts like ETH.

It's hard to say if 1) or 2) is better, but in my opinion when I buy a coffee with BTC, such a trivial transaction doesn't need to be a part of mainchain, validated by all nodes and kept in bitcoin history forever. Why? Another point is, that even when the solution with ever-increased block size is scalable, the cost of running a node starts to be prohibitive for individuals - only companies will run full nodes, which is not good for decentralization.

TL;DR: There is no critical flaw in BTC tech.

stfu if you care about the future of crypto, ETH is the one to invest in.

There ya go! Go make one!
It'll be just like smoke free pubs!

>ETH is the one to invest in.

I hold both BTC and ETH, and also some NANO (former Raiblocks). I wish that thing would work as advertized! :-)

Ah to be young and naive again

>plushpepe.jpg

EtherDelta is the biggest one. In a lot of small exchanges don't do btc pairing because nobody uses it.

>BTC has no critical flaws.

Management ownership and toxicity cultlike behavior of the fucking people that surround the coin are well beyond acceptable.

This coin has got to fucking go. Like it has to be decoupled completely. Every coin should be valued based on its own merits PERIOD. Eth crashing because of Bitcoin is pure fucking bullshit.

This needs to fucking happen.

> BTC has no critical flaws.
Bullshit
> 1) increase block size and later increase it again etc and every tx should be on one main blockchain (BCH)
Bullshit. Not amputating both my legs because I am buying a car is not akin to declaring that all transportation henceforth ought to be by car. There is nothing in the design of any other proper decentralised cryptocurrency that precludes the addition of multiple layers of transaction processing, there is only the impossibility of on chain transaction processing anything more than a ridiculously small amount of total transactions on chain with the BTC network, which is contrary to your declaration a fucking critical flaw, brainlet.
> 2) create cashing solution where small transactions can be done in second layer, but anyone can also use main blockchain if one wants to (BTC)
Given the implied transaction fees for the chain at the onchain throughput level artificially imposed by Blockstream and their lackeys, no, anyone who wants to cannot use the main blockchain, which is also another critical flaw, because it means the majority of economic activity happening on the hubs in other layers are the actual chokepoints for the traditional forces to impose their control mechanisms, and the blockchain is just pointless window dressing.
> 3) some people also advocate that BTC should have smart contracts like ETH.
BTC *does* have smart contracts, they're just not turing complete or particularly rich because of the nature of opcodes and the Bitcoin script language, that's an architectural choice and arguably one that you could actually say is superior to a turing complete language in a lot of ways, but the opcode and transaction throughput limit is a lot harder to argue for, ADA kicks the shit out of both approaches at any rate in theory.

care to elaborate?

You picked the wrong religion. Seriously bcore people are a cult and they will drag every fucking coin to zero if they get a chance.

>Eth crashing because of Bitcoin is pure fucking bullshit.

You are being irrational. Better stay away from crypto to not loose your hard-earned money.

If we keep BTC as The Crypto
The future of cryptos is not looking good
There's better coins and Etherum is next in line

>bcore people

We are not bcore people, we are bitcoin people. You will loose money if you continue to listen to Roger.

the market is already irrational

Big if true.

I don't give a fuck about Roger you fucking moron!! How fucking retarded are you fucking people!

heh hold up this is trolling lol
I know you dumbasses act like a cult but once you start sounding like a borg super villian it gets kind of surreal HAHAHA

No but seriously, your coin isn't the coin that is going up right now. Its a bunch of alts and BTC is along for the ride at this point. The bots need to be decoupled.

Where are you shorting Bitcoin?

Also, be careful about lightening network senpai

The reason I'm shorting Bitcoin is because I'm being careful of lightning network, either lightning network works and makes Bitcoin a shitty paypal clone, or it doesn't and Bitcoin isn't *even* a shitty paypal clone.
No win situation.

Have fun getting liquidated. KEK

Ok, but the term "Bitcoin Core" (when referring to a coin itself) and bcore was introduced by Roger. I am in bitcoin since 2013 and nobody used that term before. He started all this shitstorm and now he starts to taste his own medicine.

You know whats a superior shitty paypal clone? Ripple.

I'm cool with that, too, still holding enough alts that don't fucking suck that the upward force would be a net gain, this is just a hedge on the idiocy of BTC effectively.

Right, if I wanted a shitty paypal clone, I'd start there, at least it fucking works already.
Of course, I don't, and that's entirely the point of this sector. The fact so much dumb money doesn't realise it is annoying as fuck.

I started using it when you fucking idiots became the borg cult of reddit. Completely bought out pro establishment cucks who sold out to blockstream. refused to defuse an entire blocksize debate by simplying raising the blocksize to the amount that would be needed according to the lightning network white paper and allowed a schism to fester that lead to a market wide crash due to a lack of support for bitcoin.

This crash is entirely at the hands of the bcore cult. You fuckers cost me tens of thousands this month by acting like a bunch of complete fucking retards. I see zero fucking reason MY money should be tied to yours you fucking idiots who cant even understand simple concepts like knowing when you sold out to a corporation with a god damn CEO.

The lightning network is a corporate owned and backed project with full intention of bringing all crypto into a fully regulated and controlled market. The only people who will ever own any channels worth a shit will be big banks and corporations.

I don't even give a shit about Roger or how he pissed in your cheerios. He was right to call shit out and at least acted accordingly.

SHUT THE FUCK UP ONLY POSITIVE THINKING HERE

DON’T BRING YOUR NEGATIVE VIBES HIERE

8K TODAY 10K THIS WEEK 15K THIS MONTH

>most crypto don't have usd equivalent, only btc and eth that you then can convert into real $
>their value keep plummeting as btc and eth are worth less $
>bright future ahead guys!
hmmm

>I see zero fucking reason MY money should be tied to yours you fucking idiots who cant even understand simple concepts like knowing when you sold out to a corporation with a god damn CEO.

1) tell that to your fellow BCH bros, your money will not be tied to BTC if they don't panic sell.

2) Second layer can be done by anyone, and any bitcoiner can use it or not. But I am not saying it is a good solution, I tend to believe what Vitalik plans to do in ETH is probably better way to go. My whole point was that fudding BTC is counter-productive, you will not "decouple" your coin this was.

Heres what is going to happen. The majority of people will come back into the market and go for alts. Because those are the only coins worth going back into after BTC took a massive 19k shit.

The bots designed to suck up satoshi value will cause alts to devalue more while they attempt to rise in value. BTC will continue on its down trend due to the fact that nobody with half a brain is going back into BTC anymore. Which will cause alts to devalue even more. BTC will crash again and then the bots will dump all alts on the way down.

We need to crash the market more to a point where BTC is no longer profitable to mine. I got a feeling we are not out of the woods yet until BTC is fully dead.

I cant be the only one who is pissed the fuck off that you cant even tell the difference between a BTC or ETH chart right now. WHY THE FUCK IS ETH CRASHING!!!!!

The market manipulation of BTC has got to fucking die. It makes literally no sense that you cant tell the difference in charts between coins!!

> 1) tell that to your fellow BCH bros, your money will not be tied to BTC if they don't panic sell.
Bullshit, while we hold BCH and BTC sellers exit to it, any upward force from non BTC pairs are loaded down from the bulk of trade volume on BTC.
> 2) Second layer can be done by anyone, and any bitcoiner can use it or not. But I am not saying it is a good solution, I tend to believe what Vitalik plans to do in ETH is probably better way to go. My whole point was that fudding BTC is counter-productive, you will not "decouple" your coin this was.
Making it clear that there is a very severe problem here for every coin that is not BTC is indeed the only way to solve that fucking problem. You need to be able to lose for us to win, if we're weighed down by you, only you can possibly win, and since your position is completely fucking retarded, everyone else must necessarily lose if they are carrying you.

>2) Second layer can be done by anyone, and any bitcoiner can use it or not.

The entire blocksize debate was about how core was forcing people to use their shitty 2nd layer solution. I mean seriously, if you are going that rought just slap a damn debit card on the coin. Even THAT would be a better solution over LN.

> 1) tell that to your fellow BCH bros, your money will not be tied to BTC if they don't panic sell.

I don't believe in BCH either man. The only coins I value right now are the ones that will have use cases for EVERYTHING not just muh store of value.

Here we go again! Bitcoin just weighing the entire market down again.

How long is it going to take until you fuckers realize BTC needs to be decoupled from other coins. There is no logical reason every coin will be tied to BItcoin like this.

Who exactly are those "fuckers" and what specifically need they to do to so-called "decouple" BTC from other coins? Because inside BTC community, I don't hear any voices which are against this decoupling. Let's do it, then. (but just not by attacking bitcoin since that will not decouple it at all).

bitcoin is the daddy of crypto, pay some respek

you thought you could have gains without daddy bitcoin ? you fukken wrong son

Remove Bitcoin from exchanges. Allow pairing with all coins to all coins. Throttle transactions so normal people wont feel the effect but bots will be at a disadvantage.

FairX seems a viable solution but im worried if you take away the whole trade altcoins to get btc aspect of the game no one will bother playing anymore

Brooo.

Barterdex. Privacy..... Agama wallet is still a peice of shit but keeping price down atm the moment(well relatively so until everythingAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So under the radar still it seems.

fuckem

Cant believe the fucking discounts right now due to Bitcunt Hopefully this shit keeps going until I get paid . Bring on 4K BTC So I can grab Some cheap bags from Clay handed Mudmonkeys and rich ass soyboys

>Bitcoin dying is probably the best thing that could happen.

true. just because the right brothers built a plane first does not man we should still be flying in piles of sticks and cloth with two stroke engines in them

>There is no logical reason every coin will be tied to BItcoin like this.
There is, and that reason is: Centralized exchanges. They want to make profits so they offer the pairs they expect their customers will want to trade in. And since BTC is the most known Crypto that you can buy litreally everywhere with fiat, it will remain the main route for people in and out of crypto, so all alts are tied to BTC on all exchanges.

Decentralized exchanges don't have this issue as you can trade literally any Crypto to fiat and even use any payment processor you want (and the other agrees to). It's also more save as no one can run away with your money since every trade is a smart contract protected with a mortgage that the thief would lose if they break the smart contract.