LESS THAN 5 HOURS

Senate crypto hearings with the SEC & CFTC @ 10am Washington DC time:
>Virtual Currencies: The Oversight Role of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2018/2/virtual-currencies-the-oversight-role-of-the-u-s-securities-and-exchange-commission-and-the-u-s-commodity-futures-trading-commission

What will they report lads? CFTC are the body that subpoenaed Tether & Bitfinex as part of an ongoing investigation.

Other urls found in this thread:

banking.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/a5e72ac6-4f8a-473f-9c9c-e2894573d57d/BF62433A09A9B95A269A29E1FF13D2BA.clayton-testimony-2-6-18.pdf
banking.senate.gov/public/?a=Files.Serve&File_id=D6C0F0B6-757D-4916-80FD-A43315228060
c-span.org/video/?440770-1/jay-clayton-christopher-giancarlo-testify-hearing-virtual-currencies
banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2018/2/virtual-currencies-the-oversight-role-of-the-u-s-securities-and-exchange-commission-and-the-u-s-commodity-futures-trading-commission
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Clayton_(attorney)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read Jay Clayton's testimony on that same page. The hearing will probably have that general tone.

Already priced in. We went a bit up in anticipation of this. When it comes out we'll do a freefall. Sell the news.

>tfw you're pre written remarks become dated in 24 hours

What did the CFTC mean by this? (Page 18)

Veeky Forums will be forced to give em mod privileges here

Taxpayer funded meme thinktank

FOUR HOURS

What do you think will come out from this hearing?

Depends on the quesrions and how well briefed the Senators are. These hearings are mostly pre-arranged theatre so the SEC & CFTC may (or may not) have fed the Senators questions they want to go on the record and answer. Senators may or may not be interested/enaged on it. I suspect the novelty and mania surrounding crypto will make them engaged.

I don't really care, US government is incompetent as fuck and I don't fucking understand why so many people want their opinion.
Crypto is decentralized global currency, why the fuck do you want validation from Trump.

The US don't care about borders m8
CFTC have already declared bitcoin a commodity they have regulatory control over

Lol was this made in Powerpoint 1995?

Burgers are a big part of market
If they get fucked - everyone will feel it

Delet this

THREE HOURS

>CFTC are the body that subpoenaed Tether & Bitfinex as part of an ongoing investigation.

Basically nothing will happen

Plz make this pump ETH ;__;

They are going to say Bitcoin is Hezbollah coin and the market will be done for a few years

Will there be a livestream of the hearing available to non us citizens?

Probably some shady C-Span restreamer once we find out which channel

government funded shitposting

> When it comes out we'll do a freefall. Sell the news.
not applicable in this case brainlet

What will Chariman Crapo and committee member Brown have to say about the surge of shitcoins?

TWO HOURS

how long now?

90 MINUTES

banking.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/a5e72ac6-4f8a-473f-9c9c-e2894573d57d/BF62433A09A9B95A269A29E1FF13D2BA.clayton-testimony-2-6-18.pdf

The fate of crypto lies in their hands, I legit don’t think the market can handle bad news from the fucking senate after this blood bath. Considering the ZOG doesn’t want people investing in a currency they don’t control or putting it in banks or stocks this is a very dark time lads.

*instead of putting their money in banks and stocks

The fate of crypto lies in the monkeys in the market. They could declare a crypto a national currency and vow to support it to the moon and back, and some fuckers would still go "WHA? SELL SELL SELL!"

The CFTC opening remarks are here too:
banking.senate.gov/public/?a=Files.Serve&File_id=D6C0F0B6-757D-4916-80FD-A43315228060

Interesting to note that they regard Wash Trading on Crypto exchanges as illegal and as something they will crackdown on. Specifically mention subpoenas as the first step.

That’s a big part but do you really think after the biggest crash in years this thing can survive bad news from the most powerful government on the planet?

will there be a stream available?

Oh absolutely not, at least not right now. In that regard, I agree. But in the short term, even with good news, it could still go sour is my thinking.

Not yet: c-span.org/video/?440770-1/jay-clayton-christopher-giancarlo-testify-hearing-virtual-currencies

HAS IT STARTED YET?

IS IT SAFE TO BUY?

Get a load of this guy.

Its at 7241 and rising, you tell me.

what if the hearing comes out with FUD?

c-span.org/video/?440770-1/jay-clayton-christopher-giancarlo-testify-hearing-virtual-currencies

u.s controls the world

It has been an honor shitposting with you /biz

How is it looking?

>the most powerful government on the planet
What Israel wants, Israel gets... you stupid goyim.

I LITERALLY KILLED MYSELF YESTERDAY
IT CAN'T RECOVER NOW

oh to be this naiive

it's on

Bitcoin is illegal now. RIP Veeky Forums sell everything

SELL SELL SELL SELL
>SELL SELL SELL SELL
SELL SELL SELL SELL
>SELL SELL SELL SELL
SELL SELL SELL SELL

what link I've got nothing from the OP

epic comb-over

>MR CRAP
LMAOOOOOOOOOO

committee has come to order

ha

>crapo
it's over

IT HAPPENING SELL SELL SELL SELL

Thanks bro.

fuck im litterally shaking right now

we're all in this together

We are live...

IT'S STARTED
LIVESTREAM HERE
SEC & CFTC before the Senate Banking Committee on crypto currency regulation:
Alternate livestream (& PDFs of opening statements):

Livestream thread

always do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says

there is MASSIVE buy pressure on 5 exchanges i'm watching

This feels exactly like the first hearings back in 2013. I remember that day ended up with a big green fucking candle.

mr brown could use a cough drop

fuckin kek but for real

is everyone dying in the us or is it just this guy?

They dissed banks and praised crypto. Hallelujah.

THE FLIPPENING OF USD IS UPON US

FUCK MARRY KILL, GO

THEY SAID FED IS INTERESTED IN THIS SHIT

LMAO HERE WE GO FAGGOTS

Giancarlo is our guy

Sounding pretty good actually

He's very chill

Sounding VERY good so far....

Yo this is actually sounding really good wtf

green candle time man

Wow 10/10

They're analyzing 5 spot markets for manipulation and have cases proceeding. BTFO.

>sufficient jurisdiction
That's very flimsy

WTF is going on, this sounds suspicious as fuck, why are they so pro crypto, they bought the fucking dip?

They're keeping their eyes focused on fraud and manipulation, which is a GOOD thing.. Great overall tone so far....

because America wants to be ahead of the rest of the world. Be nimble, accept Crypto.

OUR KIDS DONT CARE ABOUT THE 2% IN STOCK MARKET THEY WANT BIG MOONS AND LAMBOS.

It's very simple.

Crypto is the FUTURE
FUTURE
U
T
U
R
E

GET IN OR GET BURNED.

WHALES BTFO

They are saying that FED is going to control your crypto from now on, and the tards here are celebrating it. buttcoin confirmed 1

>crypto isn't that big
>we need some regulation but we shouldn't kill it for no reason
I'm honestly surprised that they're this calm and correct.

Whatever happens, it's clear that they are NOT dissmissive of crypto & have clearly acknowledged that it's here to stay, they are much more open minded than I expected ...basically no coiners BTFO

Japan is completely pro-crypto, America wants in on it too.

They know they can't ban crypto, so they want some level of control over it's sale, then - one day they WILL replace the dollar with crypto.

Nepotism, their children own bitcoin.

They can't control anything.

....us dollar

Stop with the FUD. People like you, blowing shit out of proportion will only help to stagnate things and keep others from investing. Shut the hell up.

Jay Clayton is worth 50 million dollars

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Clayton_(attorney)

Hoping for the guy with "Buy Bitcoin sign"

The stream right now is currently positive though

They can by having actual banks refuse transfers of sales from buttcoin. So no more getting rich with fiat by selling cryptos

Mfw biz sold and even Clayton bought the dip

Jay Clayton is salty that batman thinks SEC turned a cold shoulder to banksters fraud and manipulation to put magnifying glass on cryptos only

ITT people that can't read in between the lines

they're basically deciding who and how to regulate the cryptocurrency market, how is that bullish you fucking idiots? soon mr schekelberg will officially control your shitcoins

Having SEC regulate exchanges will likely make the banks more open to allowing transfers.

Do they ban stock cashouts? Nope, so when crypto is treated the same way, they won't ban crypto cashouts. Also, govt will end up FORCING banks to accept transfers, especially if they want mass adoption.