PEAK-SELLERS GET IN HERE

Calling those who sold at or near the peak:

I want to be like you. I'm one of those neversellers who constantly holds and is now suffering because of it.

QUESTIONS:
-What made you decide to sell?
-How long had you been holding what you sold?
-General mindset tips?
-What are your plans moving forward? Are you going to buy this dip or wait longer or... what will be your buy signal, if any?

Thank you!

I bump.

>Be me
>Mid december
>Moms birthday
>Family talks about money
>Always had my playmoney for investing.
>Have large portfolio of cryptos, got in really early, told noone.
>Wifes brother is stuck in a dead end low tier job and on top not even an underachiever
>Hey user, I heard about bitcoin
>They generate incredible returns.
>Today we got in too. We might never ever have to work again.
>His retarded wife applaudes him.
>Honey you are so sweet and clever.
>At that point we were close to 18k
>Get up from table. Say I have forgotten something.
>Go to pc. Dump all coins I have.
>See brother-in-law again this weekend.
>They are HODLers
>user, e- e- everyone tells me we are going back up.

MFW my retarded brother-in-law was the best crash indicator.

Buy on the rumor, sell on the news.

how was it not obvious that bitcoin wasn't going to sustain that level of growth?

not sure if true, but should had followed your path.

my imbecile sister was talking about bitcoin nonstop during christmas and his lazy boyfriend friend was bragging about doing a mine ring.

despite me persuading her to buy crypto 2 years ago, and being hype about the tech during 2012.

fuck this gay earth, normie should be the best indicator the market can no longer scam new incomers.

>What are your plans moving forward? Are you going to buy this dip or wait longer or... what will be your buy signal, if any?

Not getting into cryptos anymore anytime soon.
I made a killing in this tulp mania 2.0. But the greedy normie support which carried us from ~1k to nearly 20k is gone and it won't come back anytime soon.

I expect cryptos to gradually go down to BTC 1k where it will stay for a while. But the market is hard to read right now.

>Plans for moving forward
I'm short on the SP500 and the Dax for now.
Ready to buy in into ETFs on the Dax and the SP500 in 2 weeks when this crash is sorted out and the markets have noticed that the new FED boss wont change anything.

Huh, I've had a similar experience but haven't actually sold. I bought way lower so I don't care or need the money but still, are you gonna go back in once your brother sells everything and his wife leaves him?

> What made you decide to sell?
-weak hands
-not listening to fiscal advice on a cartoon board

Normies buying in is a sure indicator the market has reached saturation

I cashed out into stocks a few times during that massive pump. Last time I did that was sortly before this bear showed up, so that sort of makes me a peak-seller, but not because I was timing the market like some guru.

As for the buy signal, if I see my crypto portfolio actually have another green week, I'll consider re-balancing back into crypto.

>Not getting into cryptos anymore anytime soon.
You don't think there are plenty of good projects out there? It's exciting tech, man.

Been doing very well with this kind of approach. Cryptos were a new field for all of us. Because of that I ignored my normal warning flags like the newspapers / CNN etc.
But when even your sub 80 IQ family members wont shut up about this shit it's the red flag.

Just have to tell my wife that my little playing account makes us millionairs now. Plan on surprising her, cause we are about to buy a house.

Just remember, normies are notorious weak hands. They lose their head over 10 dollars.
With normal stocks holding during a bearish market is a valid approach but cryptos have no matter what Veeky Forums says no immanent value. So holding only makes sense when you are sure more money is pouring in. And normies just got burned.

No I don't see normie money returning anytime soon. Doing the stock market for the forseeable future.

>tfw no tsuroko gf

Woke up some weeks ago and saw my GBYTE over 1000usd. However something was not right about the way it was traded, its hard to put a finger on it. It looked like big guys where cashing out. I didnt do any numbers, more like a gut feeling from watching the trades all day, I sold at near peak ath lmao

The tech is indeed exciting (Electrical Engineer here) but I don't see the profit in the long run since normies are scared. Also I don't have the time / don't want to do daytrading.

that thing has a penis, doesnt it

yes, I have used all my tether to BTC now. There is no gain without risk, and there is a decent probability the comitte lobbies regulation but not straight banning. So it will go up.

If it reaches 14k I will cash out the half again.

my dad lost alot of money in the dotcom bubble he told me to leave some profit in it for the other man and get out while im riding pretty high

Normans out, institutional money in. Normans will follow suit.
>It's ok it's regulated now
>Just 1-5% of your investment portfolio is a safe bet

I'm a programmer and utterly brainwashed by the tech so maybe don't listen to me though

Don’t we all?

KEK this user is a meme
>Bitcoin 30,000$ next month
Screen cap this pajeet I will see you at the top

t. Decemberfag

>opened firefox
>top trending article : 'Everyone is getting hilariously rich and you're not' with two guys in BTC and ETh sweaters
>itsover.jpg

>-What made you decide to sell?

Travelling home for Christmas and in the same carriage was a very low class family. The eldest who I estimate is a teenager had a poorfag chinkdroid with a cracked screen, and with it he was showing his retarded parents his "gains".

Turns out they'd boarded the wrong train because they'd misread the timetable and their tickets were invalid, which caused an argument with the ticket inspector.

People who were too stupid to work out a train timetable were long crypto. I called everyone I knew, and told them this is the top.

Everything was liquidated @ $17,500 as soon as I got home.

>exchanges close new registrations because of the influx of new users
>even con artists like Tai Lopez start talking about crypto
>the phrase "buy bitcoin" reaches its maximum in Google Trends and starts going down
Those are a just a few indicators

No it wont. It MIGHT be there by EOY. But for now most people are scared.
Newspapers and TV is full of "OMG CRYTOS ARE CRASHING!!!!!"
Also if and thats a big IF interest rates go up there wont be that much cheap money around to play with cryptos.

>Screen cap this pajeet I will see you at the top
Pretty sure I will see you as the OP of a pink wojak thread sooner.

my gf doesn't, so no. girls usually dont

I sold everything close to the peak when Kodak announced they were releasing a crypto and their stock went up 50%. But then I was watching everything pump and I'm a dumb brainlet and fomo'd back in for 'one last 2x' and then I drop 75%

>I called everyone I knew, and told them this is the top.
Nice job. There are lots of anons round here who told their family members/girlfriends to invest in late December/January.

>What made you decide to sell? The parabola to 20K. Sold at 16K and more at 14K on the way down. I still have a small position on 2 coins that's going to keep bleeding with you guys.

> How long had you been holding what you sold?
Last time I tried another one was around September I think but I was less decisive. I've been trading coins since 2015.

> General mindset tips?
Have a plan with targets, don't fall in love with yourself, measure in sats only what you don't mind holding for years, don't expect gains every month, leave before the rats. Gamblers will play themselves because they don't even think they could be the marks you don't even need to do anything.

> Are you going to buy this dip or wait longer or... what will be your buy signal, if any?
First signal is the market finishing higher than the day before and then I'm averaging my way in once other people I respect feel comfortable doing so. Not to be a dick, but they don't seem enthusiastic, stocks are also shitting themselves.

>Being a brainlet
That logic could justify selling at ANY price
Feel bad for the people who sold hundreds of btc at 1k years ago

>If it looks like it's going up then I'll let other people guide my decision

I forgot, another good sell sign. When we start talking about how to make things inclusive instead of making them work, shit's overbought.

The really smart people will catch the bottom, I'm not that smart. Or an individual.

Badass if true

problem with bitcoin is that it has zero practical use for normies and also even if it was a stable currency who wants to pay 0.00280 for a round of drinks or some other ridiculous figure? the whole society is geared towards dollar values.

More and more people work abroad.
Crypto are great to transfer money.

CME getting involved was the tell.

Already have credit cards for that.
Plus if you are staying longer you carry cash.

Also cryptos are to volatile. If you pay for a beer in dollars you pay 2$ not something between 50cent and 8 dollars.