Fresh Link Pasta

>Who enjoys creative writing? I'm working on this teleplay right now....

Fade in from black through unfocused light and focus into a wide shot of a suburban neighborhood which slowly zooms into one particular house.

Cut to interior of house while Sergey Nazarov silently goes about preparing for work in the morning.

It's a breakfast montage.

Knock at the door.

Sergey wordlessly looks at, approaches, peeps through and opens door.

Steve Ellis enters; both people exchange glances of recognition & acknolowdgement.

Sergey person returns to breakfast; Steve joins.

Steve draws Sergey's attention; nods about to indicates immediate location with head & shoulders, facially expresses question.

Sergey holds eye contact with Steve, squints with a grimmace and shakes head curtly to indicate emphatic negativity.

Steve inaudibly sighs; both people return to their wordless breakfast.

Doorbell.

Both people intensely stare at one another, stock still, clearly concerned but unsure what to do or what the other person will do.

Doorbell again.

Sergey looks at Steve's eyes and then glances rapidly down a nearby hall; Steve disappears thenceward before Sergey moves to peep thru door.

Cut to fisheye lense shot of girlscout selling cookies on doorstep.

Cut to interior as Sergey silently mouths a profanity before opening door.

"Hello, MISTER; *I* am going door-to-door, selling these delicious cookies to help support our troop! Would *you* like to buy some of these yum-"

"Get the fuck out of here, little girl!" the Sergey quietly hisses to the visitor while intensely scanning every window on the block.

The girlscout gulps as she looks up, even more wide-eyed than before.

"Now!" he repeats; the girlscout gulps, blinks impossibly huge eyes, then awkwardly hustles away from the doorstep like a newborn deer.

The Sergey closes the door quietly yet firmly, then peeps thru it; the Steve has emerged from the hall again with a serious expression.

The Steve patiently waits as the Sergey continues to anxiously watch through the peep hole, then fidgets a little.

"Ahem," the Steve more says than coughs; the Sergey holds up a finger by way of pausing the conversation while finishing careful exterior observation.

Not entirely satisfied but unable to confirm much better, the Sergey withdraws from the door back to the breakfast table, followed by the Steve.

The pair continue to eat breakfast silently, each apparently lost in thought: the Sergey's demeanour is intense, the Steve's is anxious.

Telephone rings.

The pair lock eyes for a split Steve before decisevily moving to a pair of telephones on a nearby stationary desk.

Each places a hand on a different receiver, which remains cradled. The pair lock eyes, nod, and silently count to three before picking up their receivers.

The Steve holds only the earpiece to their head, muffling the mouthepiece and keeping it away from their face, intent only to listen.

The Sergey authoritatively places the receiver to his head and speaks: "Rory?"

"Hi, Sergey;" the voice on the other end cheerful quips; "have you seen Steve?" Steve visibly squelches and Sergey wordlessly mouths profanity.

"No, Rory; have you? I've been meaning to talk to him about, uh, array structures for the translation from Ruby to Go."

"No, but I'm sure he'll turn up. Hey, some of the guys on the slack had a few questions I wanted to answer; do you have time?"

Sergey and Steve exchange glances while both firmly frown while slowly shaking their heads.

"Now's really not a good time, Rory, because I'm getting ready for that big meeting-"

"What meeting?" Rory interjects with a hint of concern.

"You don't remember?" Sergey laughs, almost believably. "It's the meeting with the dev team from, uh, Ethereum -- just a really informal spitball session (I was hoping to probe their minds about the project). Heh, I'm pretty sure *you* were the one who booked it, in fact!" Sergey laughs again, this time more naturally. "Oh, Rory; you're really far too busy managing the community... I think some of those weird folks you were telling me about the other day got to you. Who are they, again?" The smile runs away from Sergey's face as he looks at Steve's similarly mirthless visage.

"Veeky Forums."

Sergey & Steve silently mouth venemous vindictives, all but cursing the name of Veeky Forums; Sergey's grimmace becomes a sardonic grin, and he laughs just a little too angrily "Oh, yes: Veeky Forums. Well, Rory: please don't let those silly Veeky Forums people get you down. Now, listen: I've got to get ready for that meeting, and I'm getting another call right now -- oh, it's my gam-gam -- so I'm gonna have to let you go, but I *promise* to call you back *after* the meeting, Rory; g'bye!"

"Sergey, they wanna know when the mainnet will go li-" Rory's last sentance is cut off as both handsets clatter back into their cradles. Steve & Sergey both breath a sigh of relief as they return to finish their breakfast.

"Sergey, they're gonna find out. They're gonna know-"

"They don't know! They won't know! When they do know, we'll be long gone, counting our money all the way to the transition clinic."

"It's not them I'm worried about, Sergey. It's..."

"Go ahead, Steve: say his name."

Steve pauses, a painful expression in his eyes.

Sergey shouts "Say his fucking name, Steve!"

"Jason Parser!" Steve yells, then, more quietly, "Jason Parser."

"Jason. Fucking. Parser! Jason Parser! How the fuck did Veeky Forums find out about Jason Parser?"

"Well, Sergey, the leak-"

"The *leak* had been *sealed* already, Steve, unless you know of another? Huh, Steve? Do you know about another leak that I didn't know about? Huh?" Sergey slaps Steve, playfully at first around the shoulders, then more violently around the head. Steve recoils under the flurry of blows.

"Sergey, please!"

"You're goddamn right, 'please!' Nigga please!"

The beating becomes yet more violent, then suddenly sexual; half an hour later, as they restore their attire, they return to the conversation at hand.

"They cannot know about the shadow fork until after it has already gone out on the main net."

"I know, Sergey; I know that the Jews will never let Chainlink succede until they've shaken Veeky Forums out..."

"...and the only way to shake *those* iron hands," Sergey ejaculates, "is to fork Chainlink."

"A shadow fork," Steve offers.

"And only one man is capable of shadowforking Chainlink."

"Jason Parser," the pair say in unison, half a beat before the phone rings again.

>the story continues... if this user or another deigns to play wordsmith

I'm speechless but I feel this thread deserves a (you)

this

Thank you both for your kind, somewhat laconic (which makes it better) words; would you like more? Alright, then....

This is peak autism and I love it, please continue

>4 U

They rise to the phones in a flurry of activity, leaning on their respective phones while pausing to catch their breaths. The phone rings again as they regain composure and repeat their earlier ritualized method of silently counting to three before simultaneously picking up both receivers.

"Rory?" he asks into the handset; there is a pregnancy in the air Steve & Sergey wait through the silence with bated breaths.

"No. You know who this is." The voice is somewhat distorted & garbled through a combination of voice altering software and countertrace carrier-hopping.

There is another long pause, interrupted in the digital distance by the chirping of some forgotten dialup modem in the echoing hallways of the deep web. "Mister Parser, thank you for call-"

"You can call me 'Jay.'" the dark voice on the other end offers with a hint of depthly malice towards all traitors boiling under the slick, frozen surface. "In fact, you will simply refer to me as 'J' from now on."

"O-okay, J. Th-"

"Is Steve there?"

Sergey looks at Steve expectantly, who blinks and nods before swallowing and pivoting his receiver in order to speak into the mouthpiece. "I'm here, uh, J."

"Good. Where's Rory?"

"Rory's at the office; wh-"

"Excellent. Steve, Sergey: who else is there?"

The pair look about the room, smile and shrug at one another. "Nobody else."

There's another pause. This time, a crunching sound can be heard, and the disembodied voice seems to be mumbling through a mouthful of crumbs. "Are you sure?"

"Uh... yeah, we're all alone here."

"Are you *certain* about that?" The voice takes another bite. "Mmm. Mmhmm. You'll of course understand my rudeness, enjoying a snack like this while I'm on the phone with the two of you. Mmh! Yes, these thin mints are absolutely delicious. Now, let me try one of these snicker doodles," the voice intones with a touch of mirthful malevolence as the sounds of rustling and sniffing fill the receiver.

Panic strikes like a sudden hammer as the pair silently mouth the word 'girlscout.' Sergey pulls the phonecord taut as he reaches out with a free hand to part the blinds, desperately looking for *something* out there, while Steve practically collapses and begins to quietly sob.

Sergey looks quite British in this pic.

"Her cookies were every bit as good as they claim on the box; she wasn't so good, though: she agreed to all sorts of fucked up shit before she died." The silence after that sentence is destroyed by the crunch of another cookie. "She died in agony, Sergey, because she saw your face. I told you what would happen if *anyone* other than Steve & I knew you were here. She was killed because she was a security leak. Did you happen to ask her for identity when she was at your door, *claiming* to be a girlscout? No, you didn't, because if you'd done so, you'd've seen her NTRO membership card. Yes: she's a spook working for the Indians, or at least she was...."

Sergey visibly blanches and discontinues his futile search; Steve despondently lets out of very quiet wail.

"I'm rather disappointed you couldn't smell the stink of curry on her, Mister Nazarov, but, of course, I'm sure your olfactory senses have suffered a great deal from all of that Bolivian cocaine and Big Mac special sauce you've been enjoying with *our* thirty-two million dollars."

"Uh-"

"And you, Mister Ellis: her death is on your hands as well, for you had the poor sense to be tailed to this formerly very secret (and, now, entirley *not* safe-)house. It amazes me how little so-called 'professionals' practice fundamental opsec, wouldn't you agree... Rory?"

Sergey & Steve snap out of their dismal reverie at the next voice to speak through the phone.

Continue.

"Pl-please, st-stop! I-I'll d-do w-whatever y-you w-want, j-just pl-please, pl-please, f-for t-the l-love o-of-uva-wauv-wuaghv-waa-waughve-waaaaaaaaaaaa-" the almost unrecognizable voice trails off into abject agony before the first speaker replaces the doomed second voice.

"He's not going to last much longer if we don't all cooperate now; if he dies, his death is on your hands, too. Listen, gentlemen: I'm not accustomed to operating with rank amateurs such as yourselves, and I would never of my own free will choose to do so outside of incredibly rare circumstances, but those incredibly rare circumstances have already conspired to place me into this particular and unenviable position of working with the two of you on the most important project of my career, so I'm going to need you to do exactly what I tell you to do, exactly when I tell you to do it, without any hesitation. Don't ask any questions; just do what I tell you to do, and do it quickly. Do you both understand?"

"Y-yes," Steve answers; Sergey also confirms: "We both understand, J; what do you want us to do?"

"Sergey: kill Steve."

>this is going off the rails beautifully but this op gotta take a break and will return with the next thrilling episode of

SHADOWFORK: the Jason Parser story

>...feel free to continue; here are my writer's notes for this project currently:

Sergey & Steve demolish the room during the course of their fight, but Sergey is stopped from killing Steve at the last second when the Bog Twins tell Jason Parser that they "need both of them alive."

none of this is true other than that there's a steve and sergey and rory right?

US GOV'T BIG MACS CONFIRMED

Of course, but please larp accordingly.

i have a million dollares in link i will fund the major motion picture adaptation

bumping because this thread can't die

Your interest buouys me, but I'm tapped at the moment; please check back for more thrilling adventures and keep this thread alive.

REQ Stacey pasta is better