Kekekekekekekekekekekek

Kekekekekekekekekekekek

OH NO NO NO

Wheres da gubmint to protect muh small guys???!

I wonder what that person feels like, right now.

Ok how does this happen. Wouldnt the matching engine match it at market price? Or does it literally take the exact number entered? Because fuck me I am sure I have fatfingered prices before but have never had this happen.

It just puts it at the proper place in the order book and people rush to buy it with insane gas limits.

A buy limit order is an order set to buy at a given price, or better. Brendan Fraser over here just filled 20 btc worth of buy limit orders at $791.45.

>Bitcoin
>Gas Limits

This isn't ED you fucking retard it looks like a Bitcoin sell order on Gdax.

>of buy limit orders
sell orders

*$791.45 would be the price at which each btc was sold at.

Shit like this has ended entire companies before user. Japan for some reasons doesn't seem to have safe guards to prevent this so idiot Japanese traders have accidentally cost their companies millions of dollars by doing exactly this.

I forget what the act name of doing this otherwise I'd link the Wikipedia page were there are numerous examples.

Fat fingered orders

oh wait yeah I'm confused, this was buying

so someone actually placed a sell limit order at $791.45 (likely wanted to place it higher), which immediately got filled, correction to this post

How does it happen though? This exchange doesn't force taking best prices?

that's gdax brainlet

no. it places an order that someone has to click on and fulfill.
of course, nobody actually clicks the super good offers. those are snatched up by bots in less than a milisecond

But doesn't it just sell down to that price? Why does someone have to click / bot these ones?

It´s from Gdax - I´ve seen it a few times - it the last time at least one time a day - it must be a fatfinger limit sell order. Never ever achieved to buy something like that. It was gone in milliseconds. But I´m feeling really sorry for the poor guys

Holy shit thats rough. I would have assumed the engine would match it at 791.45 or better, and not at x10 lower.

Thats what I would assume too.

Not sure how someone could do this on binance. It gives you a warning that your order is vastly different from the market price.
I know this because of...........a friend.

you can't put limit sell orders below market price on gdax you plebs

in an orderbook, you have sell limit orders, and buy limit orders

what this person did was set their sell limit order of 20.587 btc at a price of $791.45, and someone immediately filled this sell limit order (they bought 20.587 btc at $791.45), as indicated by the green color of the trade record we see in OP's pic.

is that so? if that's true, then how did this happen?

this is photoshopped or inspect elemented. I've been trading GDAX for years. This literally can't happen unless liquidity is non existent

This is a buy order though. What is the big deal here?

yes your right - normaly. But a stop order would not go so far down. And there must be a bug at gdax - onetime my limit sell order was 10 dollar under market price and the system still accepted it (Sic). I have no clue what other origin this could have. - I already wrote - in the ast time when there is a strong fluctuation I´ve seen something like that at least one time a day

It's inspect element edited. You're right.

The amount of people who actually believe OP.

You guys have never used GDAX have you?

i haven't

that it was filled

its a completed trade you brainlet

for example today I saw arounf 50 Ethereum immediately sold for 55 Euro ...

Probably directly matches fat finger mistakes with an insiders/exchanges own account

i assumed limit meant limit to that price, that's how i've been using it, it just takes best prices all the way up or down

Holy shit. Exchanges should pick the best price when someone's buying/selling. See no reason why this should be possible.

yeah but how the fuck did that happen? what did the seller do to fuck up and sell for that price?

you're saying it's shopped? kek

exactly this but with more cocks and people pissing and shit and crying

this, only etherdelta pulls this shit

You switched from eth to btc and it bugged. Fucking retards.

OP must have shopped this, gdax would match the best price. Such I price would also trigger massive stop orders. There would be a ton of other weird shit around that.

A sell limit order is placed with the idea that you'll sell at a certain price, or higher. Not any lower.

A buy limit order is placed with the idea that you'll buy at a given price or lower. Not any higher.

Although people are saying it's a fake pic, if it did happen, the person who did it set a sell limit order at $791.45, essentially saying they would sell at that $791.45, and not for any price lower. Their 20.587 btc order was filled by a buyer.

However, if the pic is fake then this never happened.

Some exchanges are shitty like this, this happened to me on Bittrex, although the price difference was not that large.
Fuck bittrex don't use that dinosaur.

definetly not fake - when you take a close look at the minute candles like me in the last days you see sometimes something like that on gdax. Interesting is also thta the candle is deleted after 5 Minutes or they made it shorter - I will make the next time a screencap ....

Holy shit Veeky Forums is so fucking new. You people are cancer.

It says $700 because faggot op switched from eth to BTC. It's a bug in gdax. That trade never happened on BTC.

Wow.

How fucking new is this board? Did everyone leave? All the old fags are actually gone. Everyone who got in before December has sold.

Fair enough, no idea how that happens. All I know is limit orders.

It's a rendering bug.
GDAX doesn't allow that to happen. That command would have filled the cheapest sell order available.

>uses gdax
>calls people a newfag
LOL

Dear good most of you in here are fucking idiots.