Does anyone feel like their in a race against time to be successful? I'm 23 and make 35k a year in low tier IT...

Does anyone feel like their in a race against time to be successful? I'm 23 and make 35k a year in low tier IT. I have my CCNA and some CompTIA certs, no degree. It took monumental effort to make it this far considering I grew up with nothing and pretty much self made. I feel like I've barely begun. I'm hoping for the ChainLink singularity so I can finally get this pressure off of me.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/will-freemen/sets/how-to-murder-your-middle-class-mentality-and-become-an-outcast
youtube.com/watch?v=IRF6Xi1xUCU
revolutionarylifestyledesign.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It is a race against time and you've already lost. 35k is high school dropout tier income.

How much were you making at 23 user?

At least you're not 41 like me. You have a lot of time.

What I wish I found earlier in life was this guy:

soundcloud.com/will-freemen/sets/how-to-murder-your-middle-class-mentality-and-become-an-outcast

youtube.com/watch?v=IRF6Xi1xUCU

I make at least 4x that and still don't feel totally fulfilled. I don't think any of us will until we're worth over 10 mil.

I've reconciled with the fact that I'll never truly be happy, so I'm not in a rush to be "successful".

t. 22 year old software dev @ 70k

Life is a race against death to make it meaningful before you die

Literally every human on the planet feels like this you self-absorbed poorfag

ANOTHER chainlink shill thread

I can program but I feel like the market is over saturated with pajeets. I was learning python but gave up after getting really good at Java before I dropped out of college and learned it was worthless. What language do you program in at your job?

>Mfw millionaire 22 y/o NEET who only worked 1 job for a month before I got fired

Lmao electricians make 70k you dunce. IT only wins for the upwardly mobile

send me 1 btc for proof. heres a wojak.
18wY9rPsVB5BwhTumhvojRMUCbgwRjvGcK

25 here and literally all my money is in crypto

I cashed out a lot early but have been accumulating new stuff since nov, pretty much all money goes into ICX LINK NEO ETH and a small stash of BTC. I spend about $20 a week to buy BTC on the square cash app in the hopes of spending small amounts IRL

in my mind there is about a six month window to accumulate and eventually we wont be seeing any more significant megamoons after mainstream adoption ramps up. I spend about 10 hours a day at least researching and learning as much as I can. I make about five big trades a day.

it's now or never.

I'm also working on a documentary about the crypto boom that I want to shoot over the next couple years, hoop dreams style. if I lose all my money then at least it will be a great film

Fuck.
Okay.
Should I go to a trade school maybe?

>soundcloud.com/will-freemen/sets/how-to-murder-your-middle-class-mentality-and-become-an-outcast

Buy mobius sirs, too the moon!

25, CS degree which I will never use. learned about eth in college and have a decent amount of money right now for someone who is out of college and "self employed" in a really niche, stupid business that i might not even be that good at.

Crypto has kept me from growing up, but allowed me some form of financial security and for my parents to not think i'm some stupid, no money making fag who sits at his computer all day working

Me too is 22 this year
Inherited 100k
Got CCNA & Comptia aswell
Working low tier pajeet jobs aswell, thinking of selling my house and moving to Cape Town for better oppertunities.
Hoping crypto gives me a house with a garden.

That's not something to be proud of. You're like the slightly mentally challenged son of a celeb but with absolutely no status. Go to school and learn something useful.

>literally everyone spends their entire life trying to get money
>being a millionaire isn't anything to be proud of

I was but after the crash I dont. Age doesnt matter to me apart from avoiding becoming unattractive

Fuck off
I started with nothing
I'm self made, I was sleeping on a bench at 15 while mummy was tucking you into bed
What the fuck do you know of learning?

Yep I'm in IT too making 30k a year. Feel kinda stupid for wasting my time getting all these certs for a minimum wage job, but I don't think I can do any better considering this is the actual product of my best effort, so whatever.

MS stack, I came in right after they dropped all their offshore pajeets. They realised they had made a bad mistake in hiring them.

sorry, at $35k you actually peaked

get into security. I have no degree, no certs, and was in IT for less than a year. just studyied sec shit on my own for the last two years or so. make 50k as an analyst at an MSSP, should be able to land another job soon at ~70k

Im a self taught software nerd, never went to college. I had to take the shit jobs in the beginning and basically prove/talk my way to the next levels. My first real nerd job was at 19, starting at around $22k.. and then $25k.. and then $30k at about 22... and then $45k.. and then $55k.... and then $80k.. . 20ish year later, I am now deep into 6 figures and not regretting missing out on school.
Seems to me like you are on track if you just manage each step and love what you do. If you have the desire to move up, you will. Complacency is what kills.

Electrician apprenticeship for a union is a good back up. If you see a future in IT some say college can be replaced with experience. If you can get into a high growth area, like getting azure qualified (fastest growing cloud) or sap hana/ Hadoop there may be hope for you. I'm still in college so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm about to be 25 i make 24k... :(

Thank you all for the great advice. I'm probably going to get my CISSP after my CCNA since I have a willing sponsor.

Software engineering is overpopulated and becomes low-wage job. You may still have chance if you actually can program at low level, which many people have no idea of.

Ok, man
No lies here though

cybrary and pluralsight have some okay introductory courses on security if it interests you. if you're truly into it (same with networking), you'll probably be fine, because that will translate into constantly seeking out new things to learn. for me, security is kind of the end-all industry, because it encompasses literally everything else and is interesting as hell. I can make some other recs if you'd like, dunno how into or interested in sec you are

Do you have an email address?

Being in your 20s is still young as fuck. But trust me, I know how you feel.

I'm 25 and I feel like I really need to get some serious shit together really soon or else I'm going to end up a fuck up.

>about to graduate with Bachelor's degree
>work in a good company
>have a lot in savings, at least more than most people i know
>etc.

Idk, I have a lot but I feel like I really need to get more stuff together. It's never good enough

tfw 19 and did nothing after highschool
no license, no car, no money for college
parents are getting fed up

I hope you die in the bear market desu. Fuck normies

>Software engineering is overpopulated

So is every job. Jobs requiring less education/skill moreso.

this is shopped right his forehead isnt that long right

>CCNA

sucker

>ANOTHER chainlink shill thread

If you are not part of the singularity and think this is shilling you do not belong here.

you're 23, you are still young

honestly it would be a lot worse if you were like 30 making 35k a year. just be competent at your job, or if there are no good prospects, build up some skills and move somewhere else

I could make a throwaway account, but I'd rather just post here. Not posting my personal one ofc

Hahahaha

I have a huge interest in security and was working on something crypto related on the side regarding it. I just got my CCNA to get good enough at networking to understand it.

if you have the drive, you'll make it. might have to get a little lucky, but if you cast a wide enough net, that will happen. what's your location like? are you willing to move? do you know what parts of security interest you, or is it a general interest? hm, maybe I should make an email account.

nice numerals

My location is shit. In highschool I'd spend hours reading security wikis and news. It's probably a crap shoot but I dread every moment learning networking and security is one of the few things that interest me.

jesus what the fuck he looks liek a goddamned monster what happened to the night manager

i have a bachelors in economics what the fuck can i do. i work at an office doing accounting

java is unfortunately the most pajeet-tier language

The quints of based advise.

>at least
U dont know for sure

Graduated at 23 with a 100K job, now up to about 130K, 2 years later

Even I don't feel like I'm going to make it
Rent/Housing costs a shitton too

you're not gonna get a serious response on here, Veeky Forums is full of larpfags

I'm 42 stfu

[email protected]

you don't need to be comparable a network admin to work in netsec in the beginning. knowing a decent amount about networking + a decent amount about security > granular networking knowledge + little sec knowledge

Sent.

I was making 40k delivering pizzas and selling weed

Summarize this in 300 words user.

having trouble with yandex, big surprise. was trying to avoid adding my mobile #, might have to make a different account

Yeah probably plumbers make bank to be covered in other people's shit. If you are a total degenerate and wanna make 100k for doing nothing go work on a ship 8 months on 4 months off. Good luck maintaining a relationship but you make bank you have zero living expenses. If you play your cards right you'll travel the world and you can spend that paltry day rate fucking local Whores in whatever shit hole port city you happen to be in. Join SIU and put in an app for a stew with msc. Basically a nautical janitor but everyone will think you're the shit because you're a sailor.

t. seaman

Protonmail is pretty good.

I will make that my backup backup.

yee, [email protected]

Well best of luck. If you're motivated and intelligent you'll go far. Life is funny like that.

This guy is surprisingly wise when it comes to optimizing your life for happiness. It's worth listening to some of what he has to say.

He outlines a very practical path toward happiness, and he doesn't sugarcoat it. He doesn't pretend like entrepreneurship is easy.

Here's his site:
revolutionarylifestyledesign.com/

Java is not useless? Its easily one of the most asked for languages and is pretty fundamental for the workings of tonnes of major companies. Someone profocient in Java is always going to be employed. Something like Ruby could be good as a niche or something more up and coming like reactJS. I feel like you just want more time and practice get to know relevant frameworks and software not just being shallow in lots of languages.

"Pajeet" meme is just that anyone who works in IT long enough will recognise the worth of getting good employees. Or they get burned sooner or later for me it was literally my first project. Theres no point outsourcing if you have to pay people to fix it.

I use C# at my job, 24 and on £29k. Underpaid a bit but only been in employment for 12mo and did social science degree so ive done better than peers working in retail.

>tfw not motivated or intelligent

Think I should pursue a Java then since I was already good at it?

*Java career

Im 20 and getting out of the army this summer. No idea what I will do after that. Maybe go drinking and whoring in Thailand for a couple of months? At least I finished high school.

Definitely. If you're already familar with Spring MVC and inversion of control then you're ready for work.

Or any similar framework

>be poorfag
>tfw I feel fulfilled
Been married to the love of my life for going on 6 years now. Sure I'm poor and work hard every single day as a maintenance mechanic, but all in all life's pretty good I feel. Veeky Forums is just a hobby really, I have an interest in technology and I managed to make enough with BTC to buy an AK and a couple of ARs as well as pay off my student loan and our car loans.
I know that in the grand scheme of things I'll always be a cog (or rather fix the cogs) but is that so bad?

I'm 35 I had a CCNA and some compTIA certs 10 years ago and couldn't even find a job in IT. Went back to school for math. Now I'm unemployed with 70k in crypto to my name. Don't waste your time.

Well in theory id say the more deep you go into one language the easier you will pick up others in the future.

Java is a solid language just look up online for posting and salaries for each

Rules to become rich

1. Be rich

2. Work hard/smart until you're rich

3. If you weren't born 1 you will be doing 2

this was like i was listening to a guide specifically for me. thanks for sharing user.

It's funny, skimming through this it seems like the way I already think.

Maybe that's just NEET life. Starting a business seems like the ONLY choice for me, I can't work for shekelstein.

I'm 28, unemployed and no education, no GF in sight either.
Pretty much getting desperate, don't know what the fuck to do.

Stop complaining, OP. I need help, you don't.