/smg/ - Stock Market General

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_economic_crises
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy the XIV dip

call 877-CASH-NOW to get cash now for your structured settlement or annuity

It's going to get terminated on the 20th and the tracking is all fucked up and broken

>he studies the charts
>he researches the domestic and foreign ecomonies
>he researches cash flow, earnings, and valuations
>he doesnt just glance at the COT and copy what institutions are doing

top kek boys, top keke

Can anyone redpill me on gold?

Vmin rising from the ashes, get in now boys while you have time.

MTSI dropped hard, hopefully it'll correct soon

Buy it. Its about to shoot up
Thank me now and later

buy physical gold and then take it to the WE BUY GOLD place and use the proceeds to buy more gold

I was in UVXY after it died, got a nice 10% so I'll check this for correction of 5 to 10 as well

Any one else getting JUSTed by the Chinese?

Got sauce for that? I want to believe you but can you help me out here? Explain your rationale.

no, but the Japs are raping me

If you have some one make it into a ring or necklace and give it to a broad she'll probably drop trou

Mail it to me and I will send you a cheque for 10 cents per 500g.

Invest in global index fund now, or will the market dip soon?

says its an ETF can u explain this stock. Seem strange to drop 30 dollars in 5 days. New to this just looking for a little explanation.

I use 5 algorithms and they all at the same time told me to buy
never failed me before

Monday was probably the biggest dip for a while

Repost from old thread.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_economic_crises

Over the past 300 years (THREE HUNDRED YEARS) There has not been a period of longer than 20 years without some kind of economic catastrophy. You eternal bull kids are full on delusional. It's the people like this who get burnt the worst when shit hits the fan.

So do I sell it off now, or wait until delisting day

Can anyone help me understand chart tools & templates? For example the Bill William's 3 Line template on tradingview.com

Good morning lads, how are we doing?

>There has not been a period of longer than 20 years without some kind of economic catastrophy.
So 11 more years of bull confirmed? :^)

im all in on nvidia amazon.

any of you guys messed with Canadian pot stocks?

sauce? looks like some fine chinese art

>any of you guys messed with Canadian pot stocks?

Yep. Sell off today but trend looks good still.

name one catalyst that could lead to a bear market. Ill wait

I've been getting cucked by MJX

I bought in last December at $32 thinking I got in low. Broken even for a while today only for it to fall red on me again

I got in uvxy at 9 and sold for 30, was gonna buy more if it fell back to singles but its still hovering around the teens.

High School DxD

How long of a hold do you think you're talking about? Looks like it could be a big loss if you're wrong.

thanks fren

Investing Japanese banks was a bad idea

How do I fix my sleep schedule fast?

I keep falling asleep at 5am PST and waking up at noon PST. That is like the exact opposite of the DOW markets.

I'm missing out on gains.

Get a job. :^)

Possible power hour rally in progress...

looks like I was right, it shootig up a bit

but even I was wrong, its not like gold is tanking 50%

Panic. Markets are driven by emotion SUPPORTED by fundamentals. Why is a share of Apple worth 150 bucks? Because we feel like it is, and I assure you the day will come when we no longer feel that way. If you guys weren't just talking out of your asses you would know that almost all market crashes are NOT caused by the underlying economy.

force yourself to wake up at a specific time every day

NEW PARADIGM
E
W

Why do people hate on robinhood? No comissions, crypto, options, and its really convienient. Whats wrong with it? is there something im missing?

ICLD still ripping higher...

>If you guys weren't just talking out of your asses you would know that almost all market crashes are NOT caused by the underlying economy.

True but speed of recovery is definitely correlated with economic strength.

Still loading up on VMIN

I'll either go to the moon or get dragged to the depths of hell in the coming weeks

>Crash of 72
>Crash of 87
>Dot com bubble
>Sub prime mortgage crisis

le eternal bull amirite? :^^^)

people hate on everything just to hate on everything.

WRONG

markets are driven by banks and pension/mutual funds. when they sell off, the markets crash. They dont sell off, if fact they are buying and continuing to buy

A crash is literally a once in a lifetime experience, and you should consider yourself a lottery winner to pick up stocks for that cheap

"Oh you bought it for 500? -I give you 16buck".

NUGT/JNUG
JNUG/JUST
GSS
MUX
ALO
USAU
SLV
USLV

All good for daytrading, but wouldn't recommend with rising interest rates right now and an unstable dollar.

If you're looking for physical gold always go with bullion, jewelry is worthless and like a new car depreciates half its value 5 minutes after you buy.

Go to jmbullion . com on Mondays after checking the charts of SPOT prices for deals. Spot price is what it's actually worth (as its weight in gold). Don't buy coins. Buy bars and don't buy fancy shit. Sunshine bars are my personal fav. Always come shiny, sealed, security gram and when you sell everyone wants them. Pawnshops and jewelry stores sell/buy bullion but always bust out the dirty stuff first so if you're serious ask them about non man-handled bullion and don't do business with shady owners.

wow what a catastrophe, because we didnt recover from those right? A bunch of people didnt become rich by buying up the cheap stocks right?

That's not the point. The market always comes back STRONGER after every crash. I'm just trying to show these "new paradigm" fags that bull markets don't last forever. Corrections are great for wealth redistribution, just make sure you're not the greatest fool.

holy shit the buys on ICLD could have multi day runner here

>Once in a lifetime
>72
>87
>2000
>2008

Sure markets are driven by banks, who are run by humans. With emotions like greed, fear, and panic.

Power hour rally confirm. Possible near flat close coming up off the intraday low.

>rsys
Sell at 10% profit or wait hoping the best with ER after hours?

can you explain this stock to me... like what is an ETF or can u buy in 5 days sell or are you locked in?

When in doubt on sell or hold, set a stop loss at a reasonably tight position below current price.

sweetie, we are in a new paradigm
there are 0 catalysts we are entering a bear market

all of those had catalysts in the markets. try looking back BEFORE 70s and see the LONG bull markets we had even bigger than what we have to today

yall gonna buy some nvidia I expect a strong earnings report

>can you explain this stock to me
it's not a stock it's an ETF

>like what is an ETF or can u buy in 5 days sell or are you locked in?
you can buy it and sell it the same day, not sure where you are getting this 5 day thing from. ETFs trade just like stocks, thats the point of them. It's like a mutual fund with better liquidty and with lower fees.

Leveraged ETFs are mainly trading tools, they aren't really supposed to be held for long periods of time

If you are overall in a bull market, why do you not want to hold SPXL for instance for long?

Honeybuns, you have "the greatest fool" writen all over your face. You might want to do something about that.

Listen sweetie that was the first sell off and the proverbial bear trap. We aren't even close to full tulip yet.

Should I sell my house before the bubble bursts?

What's your favorite international market, user?

Right now I'm in a leveraged etf for:

Latin America
and
South Korea (plz no nukes)

TRADING ALMOST OVER BOYZ

LAST MINUTE MEME CALLOUT COMMENCE

China is pretty lit atm.

b-but muh zerohedge!

Holy shit check out inpx
Fucking bloodbath

Wtf! So glad I took the loss and sold at .19

You have "I lack market experience" written all over your face
Im an intra day trader so I dont even hodl, but Im telling you we are in new paradigm

BSPM

>Bloodbath

Time to buy

NSPR
InspireMD

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED... huge drop was slowly going up. Lost on this pretty hard

Those are some some hella guud gainz

Can he catch the falling knife & not get cut?

Report back to us user.

>bloodbath
we're only getting started

What did you /buy/ today anons?
Currently sitting on 25 shares of fresh APC.
>tfw didn't buy anything Monday

MU, AMD & KTOS

>I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I'M A PROFESSIONAL TRADER FOR GOLDMAN SACHS..hruuufhrppdpjhrif hum hoo

Awww, such a cutie pie.

1000 shares of NCMI

Btw if this had the same price before the rs and post rs then it would be at 12$
70-80% massacre with just a couple of days

the friday/monday drop has shown a chink in the bull's armor
everyone suddenly remembered what its like to lose money

its time to exit long positions right now

get back in long if it is proven that we run to new highs but otherwise, its time for some pullback and you need to be prepared for it

kinda eh day today

Have a good night guys! See you all tomorrow

and there goes the bell. Good close and right within my estimate from last thread for continuation of bull trend on the sector (it was between -5% and flat).

>WEED -4.1%
>ACB -3.3%
>APH -2%

Very good showing on the first sell off after the back to back 10%+ gains of the previous two days. Many small caps even closed a few points in the green.

Might be correct, everything absolutely tanking end of the day bears controlling society now

> exiting long positions
> long
wew

>back into some leveraged index funds today
>terrfied

Plz don't crash again

yes i dont mean long term I mean "long"

Pls crash more tomorrow.

TSLA stock going into orbit right now

seething

youre welcome to anyone that followed my gold call

My small caps pumped nicely right before the bell I see (i'm just watching delayed numbers from my phone).

>FFT +6.67%
>N +3.6%
>MARI +6.6%

Very nice. If sector keeps it up at this pace it will recover all of the January losses by early March.

Stocktwits losing their shit over early TTWO earnings numbers

Set a limit buy @ 105 and pick some up cheap after they let go of the halt.

I hope you guys sold your Apple stock
dividends friday

>selling apple stock
not allowed

Only got as low as 109. Oh well going back up now.

ER better than expected