>he shorted the bear trap
user, I...

Big if true.

how can an amerifag short, since bitmex is blocked in the US

Already up 56 BTC
Stop-loss @ 7850
I can't lose now.
Even when it's a fucking bear trap

Like knife through a butter. Its over. Curtains for this shitcoin please.

do you cash out whenever you want?

Going to highroll, gonna sell @ 6k

If European just click the link and sign up directly. If American, sign up using a proxy and then you can trade with a US IP. I've done this for about 3 months now. They don't give a fuck.
See above.
Use my reference for a 10% discount on fees. This is a lot of savings if you plan on margin trading with high leverage. Ref:
bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1

Any update??

Entry point? 100X in crypto is a killing, you are bigger gambler than anyone I have seen.

Nothing big really, gains vary from 50-60 BTC
Still believe in the bulltrap and that it'll fall below 7k

You fags margin trading are what’s fucking bitcoin up congratulations this shit is now no different than trading forex lol

at 12k in the first triangle breakout.
easy

>7850 stoploss
that's really tight famalam. i shorted at 8100 and i keep my stop loss 8000, and i'm still afraid it'll touch it

Can someone explain this shorting business for a simpleton like me? What's the risk if the short goes wrong? I think Bitcoin is gonna drop below 5000 pretty soon, what would my short-settings be?

Holy fuck, do you always let people tell you what to do. You realize we're in the age of information? Learn to do your own research or you're going to get blown the fuck out by the big boys you lazy, brainless motherfucker.

Checked

Be careful user...

In situations like this your can make more money when BTC crashing than you can chasing moon missions if you know what you're doing, just by trading BTC, no need to touch altcoins.
Why the heck are you missing out on these gains user? BitMEX (the "mex" stands for Mercatile Exchange) is the only exchange in the world that offers 100X leverage (but it's not because you can that you must, go small and work your way up).
Let me explain what this means. So lets say you were to have longed (placed a buy order) for BTC at $10000. Let's also say you only have .01 BTC to trade with, or $100 worth. With .01 BTC you can buy 1 BTC. Then for every dollar BTC goes up, your position is worth $1 more. Say BTC goes to $12000, if you close your position you then get that $2000 in profit paid to you in BTC. I started with .03 BTC and in a week I've turned that into .35 BTC using basic TA. I always thought TA was just a meme but it actually works. I would suggest you learn TA before you start trading. I started out losing but haven't lost since. You can avoid that by using their testnet exchange to train with testnet (free) BTC.
You want a moon mission? BitMEX is your moon mission.
Euros and others can sign up freely but US users are banned (just sign up with a proxy and then you can login from a US IP with no questions asked). If you're going to sign up use my reference code, using a reference code gives you a %10 discount in fees. This may not sound like much but it's saved me hundred of dollars in the past weeks: bitmex.com/register/toYHiE

- Interface is amazing with professional grade advanced order types
- Liquidity it offers is completely unmatched, it's the biggest exchange volume wise: coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
- BTC deposits take less than 10 minutes: just 1 confirmation from the network needed
- Rarely down, no shady flash crashes caused by website beeing down like Poloniex does

Here's my advice for anyone who wants to trade on bitmex

1. Read the docs and make sure you understand exactly how the contracts work (both futures and swap), profit/loss calculation and how liquidation works. make sure you understand the difference between mark price and index price

3. Make some trades on the testnet to confirm your understanding of the contracts and the site in general

4. I prefer trading on Cross. it's very important to not trade too many contracts. I strongly recommend not to trade so many contracts that your are more than 2x leveraged. ideally less than 1x, at least in the beginning

5. 1x shorts are way to cash out without using tether/fiat.

6. Don't forget to set a stop loss

Trading with leverage is a lot harder than most people think. By far most traders on there lose money because they use too much leverage, those that trade with x100 leverage lose all their money, so don't use that.

Yea im asking the same can you cash out whenever you want?Someone anwser

You can withdraw your BTC whenever you want. There are no USD deposits or withdraws on MEX. They do withdrawals once per day because they use a manual cold storage wallet system. Also if you going to sign up don't use 'a reference because he literally copy pasta'd my entire post a few weeks ago. Use bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1 instead.

Should we start up a leverage-trading chat room?

someone did this last week, 100x 6 btc. he closed after 4 hours and made like 26 btc, claimed to give 0.5 btc to trips but never delivered.

nice larp faggot the math is wrong

OP is bragging not offering freebies, you butthurt peasant.

Im asking not about withdrawing the money im asking if you short can you close the contract whenever or you need to wait before you close it

>swings 30% a day
>using 100x leverage
>make it or break it in literally seconds

Nice user, you have won lucky ticket, on blockchain lottery.

You can close whenever you need to. It's not like a traditional future. It's called a perpetual swap. I'd suggest reading on their website about it.

guys dont use leverage. this is for professionals only. i bet 99% of ppl here lose money with leverage

>this is for professionals only

or for non volatil stocks. even amateurs wont get into truoble using 10x leverage with amazon. iwould never use more than x2 leverage for cryptos though.

I WILL BE THE EXCEPTION

Okay so 5 of you signed up for BitMEX using my reference code just now. DO NOT BE TEMPTED BY HIGH LEVERAGE. I'm trying to be your friend here. I could tell you to go full retard and go 100X just so I make more in commissions but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT DO THIS. Now that you've signed up, make a deposit and then if you really think it is going back to 5k, immediately place a 1X short. In the mean time, go to the test net and learn to trade. Good luck my friends and happy trading!

honestly i doubt most people here even know what a fucking stop loss is. if you don't know proper risk management you're going to lose everything

Can someone explain maintenance margin to me? I've read the docs on BitMex but can't grasp the concept. Cheers.

It's the funds that your position has to have in order to stay open. When you take a position with leverage you have to have funds as collateral inorder to maintain that position so that if the price goes against your position, the lender will be able to liquidate the position and not lose money. Does that make sense?

For the love of God take my advice. In the beginning I didn't take my own advice. If you start getting into the red it is better to take a few days off and let your emotions cool off. Don't try to keep digging yourself out of a hole. Don't. It's in my best interest for you to not fuck up and lose everything since I'm being paid commissions based upon if you do well or not.

Yeah but it also means if it goes down a dollar you get liquidated and lose all your money

Thanks for the reply. I kind of understand, only on a vague conceptual level.

Also, see attached photo. I don't understand why my XBT amount is 0 instead of 55% of my order value?

This is a fucking bot advertising bitmex leverages. The truth is, the volatility fucks you up almost every time even if you guess it right.

Can someone explain why my unrealised PNL is only .0002 XBT? I'd epect it would be my order (which is .0134 XBT) * 1.8749.

I would close your position right now. I'm posting this so you do. And then I'll explain why.

Depends on what he is playing with. If he is one of the big whales in the game, he can just set up positions to tear apart huge buy orders that will liquidate his leveraged short until there's no more volume on the way down. It's a dangerous game to play if you got no strategy but easily played out unless someone with a bigger stack comes for you.

Okay so let me explain why it is only .0002. You sold 100X your capital. That 187% is the profit on YOUR capital, NOT the BTC you borrowed. Example equation (Your capital x leverage x % of BTC movement)= your PNL. But the PNL you see is based on the mark price, not the Bitmex price. It is likely lower than 187% to see your actual PNL hover over that 187%. That is your position value if you were to sell at exactly that moment, working up the order book.

Don't you have to make a $10,000 initial deposit to trade on bitmex?

That's because you're using a leverage to big for you

Can I deposit my TRTL coins on there?

OHH!! I notice now that I can create a position with more contracts than what I own when I increase the leverage! Thank you! I thought increasing the leverage automatically increases the amount of contracts.

user you've made a fuckton of money on MEX why do you even need Refs? Also is this Poe?

Just curious, how much did you deposit?

Just $200 before I think about putting in any sizeable potion of my stack.

Yeah start small and if you get good then deposit more. Don't get over confident though. My first trade was a 100X short that made me 1200% and I got cocky and lost it all in the next trade lel

XD

No turtlebro only BTC, see you on the moon

Looks like a good spot to place a short order if price ever rallies there

I feel quite bullish on the Bitcoin now that we have touchdown with the floor.
If you want to leverage, maybe think about getting long.

We will retest support

Sure, but I think the majority of the guys who wanted to drop their bags already did it by fear.
We're mainly left with hodlers by now, and gamblers are just waiting to go ball deep yet again once a few green candles and new tops show up.

Already in @8136.50

May your trade be successful user.

Oh fuck it dropped like a rock you filthy madman.

That's why you don't guess and wait for confirmations.
you play the break outs and catch the meat of the movement not the actual pivots.