Whale Here Smart People Only

Chief Whale Fag Here

Got a word problem for you faggots. If you aren't American shut the fuck up. I don't give a fuck about slit eye chinks, eurofags, or pajeets so fuck off. We rule the world and cuck you all.

Scenario:

1) Buy shitcoin on margin paired with BTC (usd value is .10)
2) Get liquidated two weeks later (usd value is .50)
3) Losing position and the exchange takes your other shitcoin collateral to cover the loan.

How is this reported for taxes.

Technically you bought something at .1 and sold for .5, yet it was a liquidation and loss.

If anyone can solve this legitimately I will compensate 10k to 100k.

>whale
>wants people to give him advice on things he cant work out

nice larp you sub 10k portfolio brainlet

If you were a whale you'd hire an accountant, retard.

It works the exact same way as buying stocks on margin

I've talked to 5 accountants they all brainlets and don't know.

Larp my dick in ur ass faggot.

care to elaborate?

> orange skin
> no animu eyes
> the bad kind of tit job
> no ass
poorfag with a shit taste in Azns detected

can you elaborate

When you are margin called the coins are sold and you are hit with gains tax. All of the sales are taxed as capital gains.

The loss is repayment of debt, and therefore cannot be reported as debt. So you are taxed on your gains and not forgiven anything for your losses since they are not losses but payments. Margin is dangerous.

stay poor faggot

cannot be reported as loss

What if coins were taken in your collateral account to cover the difference. I don't see how you can get margin called, pay interest, and owe tax.

You can and do. It works the same way when selling securities to cover margin calls.

you were long shitcoin/short BTC.
when liquididated, were still long shitcoins with a theoretical cap gain of +$.40 *
you realized a capital loss in your short BTC positions which, when converted to USD would have exceeded your theoretical +$0.40 per shitcoin.

- * (USD-per-BTC-final- USD-per-BTC-inital)
'> * (USD-per-SHIT-final- USD-per-SHIT-inital)

You should get a better accountant.
Any hedge fund accountant could handle this in their sleep.

BTC 16J4GP7X9RkwjpQJ5LDzEvNUszPPqjmzWU

thx & rgds

Now what if this is slightly modified. I never actually got margin called. I just covered the position with a loss.

So lets say short 150 BTC when cover the loss the position pays for 125 BTC and I need to pay 25BTC out of my collateral.

How is this calculated?

>can't even prove he has a 100k+ portfolio
prove it fagboi

stay poor faggot

$ in fiat you have from the endeavor
Minus
$ in fiat used to buy

Pay gains tax on above

If negative then claim loss
0x5a05a2753a48410cf19922fd4b6f17a3e89fb4b3

Thanks user

u stupid fuck this all trading on margin.

"endeavor" fucking robin williams urself pajeet

If you aren't liquidated and pay with BTC, not USD, then the taxes become grey. Nobody knows how to tax crypto payments yet. If you pay a margin call on coins with coins then you're in new territory.

nice just compensated 100k