How many of you degenerates are here and rich as fuck because of the original OG silk road...

how many of you degenerates are here and rich as fuck because of the original OG silk road? that place was a fucken breeding ground for insane wealth. all you needed to do was sell some drugs or pull a few scams and you would have millions now. hell looking at the transaction history of silk road is insane to consider how many millions people paid for oz of weed or grams of coke. i hope those of you who were there held on and made it.

Not for me, I spent like 30 btc on that shit :(
Why didn't I hodl!
Whatever, good times

fucking brainlet

you realise narcotics are bought in the real life and those bitcoins had to be exchanged instantly to reup the work?

bitcoin wasnt a meme back then where you bought it to sell to a bigger fool.

ok let me explain some shit to you. if you grew weed and sold enough locally and extorted the darknet you win twice. neck yourself you fucktard.

A lot of people lost their shit when the FBI shit it down

>dude just sell drugs and scam people

I could do that anytime even now but I don't want to

I took some LSD a kid bought from there in 2013 and it changed my life, true story. cant imagine how many millions in 2018 money that he paid for it.

those who kept it on the markets did. but a lot didn't. a lot of people trusted exchanges as much as they did not to fuck their new gf stacey and got shit in their wallets asap. well the smart ones did.

and how much % of them held until x roi you fucking single digit iq insect?

the only people who profited from this 100$ to 20k$ are only btc maximalist from the very start but not early adopters who used it for what satoshi invented it for you poor faggot.

The real question is

Which exchange will replace it?

man, over the span of 5 years I had around 50btc. All gone my dude.

you mad coz you spent loads on drug huh. oh well let me rest your mind plenty held enough to be wealthier than you will ever be.

good for them but it wasnt "plenty". my point was that it wasnt a "breeding ground for insane wealth"

that must have been those neckbeards at bitcointalk who speculated on it with hodl mentality but not people who used it as a currency you fucking dumbass.

2/10 thread

Bitcoin will only survive if people spend it. Hodlers are an impediment.

Yeah and if they didn't ose everything there they lost everything on mtgox kek
You weren't there so you probably won't understand

1/10 your life

the catch is that most exchanged it for dollars. coz IRL you need dollars not virtual monkey tokens. as usual hindsight is 20/20

also if they didnt cash out immediatly they probably lost their BTC due to formats etc etc

You are totally right. Most people who held Bitcoin early sold the vast majority of their stack during the two previous bull runs.

I used to chat with someone who was able to leave his job when Bitcoin reached a few dollars, this guy could've made literally billions if he held, but he didn't, he enjoyed his sudden gain like 99.99% of rational people do.

/thread

op is a brainlet.

Sadly I didn't catch Silk Road but I was around for the evo exit scam. That was rough luckily I never kept funds on there. I learned about BTC around the time of silk road but was too pussy/not enough of a degenerate to order drugs then. By 2014 though I found evo and was ordering RC Benzos. Man flubromazolam was the shit.

thats where you don't understand. i was there and i am benefiting from being there at that point. here is the secret. i didn't have the option of selling coz jail doesnt fucken let you access exchanges. 3 years so i feel like i earned it but didn't expect it to be so much. even the crash doesn't really mean much to me when i expected to come out to no job and no one wanting to hire me so i won. i paid but a high price but i see it as winning. i hope others who endured the shit has made it. the more verbose version of the OP

No, the ore holders, the less btc available for purchase, making it more rare and hard to acquire, therefore, the price skyrockets

>not enough of a degenerate to order drugs then

the problem with that meme is that if your drugs are intercepted you get cops in your mailbox instead of weed

Making your point though, you didn't seel only because you couldn't

Almost no one back then thought prices would go up or even if they did, they just thought it would go up 2x-5x.

exactly who else got fucked or maybe forgot but made it.

Yeah not really. And if you read my post you'd see I was ordering RC benzos which are technically legal to purchase (not for human consumption of course) Besides they generally ask for a signature in order to bust you which is a major red flag and you just say I didn't order this and don't sign.

Spent hundreds of BTC for trivial shit like small amounts of MDMA and LSD.
Hoo boy, those were the times.

People will spend it, the fucking normies especially. All we need is people to accept it, but it's the same as the drugs, suppliers want valuable fiat and even without the volatility that eats margins, so who can compete?

the normies simply cannot stop buying Nike shoes and iphones

I know I had created a wallet and I think I might have mined some bitcoin in 2009-2010 since some people were just starting to use it for stuff, but it was before the Silk Road came along, and it seemed kind of silly desu. That hard drive was reformatted and trashed since.

exactly, they will immediately use their bit coin gains for a 'free' ipod

>used to browse Silk Road
>looked at all the drugs because I was in my psychedelics phase
>was tempted to buy BTC and try
>didn’t have a fucking clue how
>mate at the end of 2013 offers to show me how
>sure-ill-text-you-when-i-get-payed.mp2
>never fucking did
>mfw

Brainlet

it was a breeding ground for insane wealth
your inability to capitalize on it is your own fault
anyone rational would have saved a small part of their bitcoins, be it 10%, 5%, even 1%... that's common sense. huge asymmetrical opportunity
i read one media article about ethereum in march 2017 and immediately understood the potential. delved deep into the technical papers and saw this was going to be a revolution. put over 10 grand in it over the next 3 months expecting it to go 3x, maybe 10x long term, and it went 40x in less than a year
meanwhile what did you do with btc despite being immersed in an ecosystem using it... buy drugs, consume consume consume like a mindless beast, never try to expand your mind and learn about the very thing you're using
this is why i'm a millionaire and you're left arguing you didn't let the opportunity of the century slip between your fingers

i had 300btc in escrow at the time it got seized. 60 transactions that hadnt been finalized. Lost it all and the customers kept the parcels.

I had to take out a loan to cover the product before fingers started getting cut off.

Fuck the police

>WXshaneV
hi shane

Not many people will have the balls to start another "silk road", at least in the US..

Tor has been infiltrated. The govt owns all the nodes, everyone knows the remaining markets are all honeypots. Nobody want to be assraped in prison.

tfw you check your bitcoin wallet for the first time in years after seeing BTC prices peak in November last year after buying drugs with BTC in 2015 and the change you left behind is now worth $400

the feds seized 35btc from me

OP is a faggot who doesn't understand the concept of money flow. Go hodl your dick failure

OP is right you faggot. You have to have big profits in shady business to compensate the risks, and you can easily put lots of money aside.

you know the fucken score

Don't want to scam people but i don't mind selling drugs at all. It's just that my retarded country has the death penalty for drugs.

Changed life in what way?

>tfw spent 120k on weed

>why use bitcoin when you can use libertyreserve

partcl

I have no idea why its not shilled here

Oh shit. Yeah what about something else like motivational speaking, life coaching, or door sales?