Brainlet here

Brainlet here.

What's preventing me from buying BTC on Bitstamp and selling it on GDAX for a higher price?

Nothing
Its called arbitrage

Fees might not make it worth it.

It's called arbitrage though.

?

Why isn't everyone doing this? Sometimes there is several hundred dollars difference. Literally free money.

Transaction times couldn't potentially ruin your plan
Once you get the btc it's already the same price or higher

Everyone is gonna do it now you fool.

You had a surefire way of making millions for free and you blew it.

YOU BLEW IT

Everyone who did it at 10k+ lost a lot of money too. Fucking snake oil sellers

Congratulations newfags, you just discovered something called arbitrage. With crypto it is done a bit differently so you dont have to wait for transactions.

Do it then, if you have accounts on both

You're conscious user

never used btc ... don't the transactions take forever AND OR don't you have to pay some insane fees for each transaction?

also price fluctuation and bots of all exchanges doing exactly that

do it faggot

Tried once. Lost money. But by our guest and see by yourself.

Shit. Neo in green. Gonna buy some right away. That’s what I call karma.

you need to have dollars on one and BTC on the other in the correct amounts - bank transfers take too long to let you do this risk-free

if you didn't guess which one was higher, you have the wrong currency and you can't do it

so to be safe you need both USD and BTC on both and be constantly transferring back and forth

you need to do a GDAX limit order and do a market order on bitstamp once it is filled

not if you execute it within seconds of each other

right now the mempool is closer to empty, you can do a transaction for less than a dollar

Thanks to fees and taxes arbitrage is only really viable if you have a fair amount of capital to play with. If you're a poorfag like me it's suicide.

As soon as GDAX adds Nano you'll be able to do this by instantly transferring funds between exchanges.

>Neo in green
the crypto gods have spoken

And thou shall not ignore the words of the sages. Alleluia

thanks for the info

an user that is not a larper - a very rare breed around here.