/smg/ - Stock Market General

fuck bears edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/features/american-mall-game/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Morning

How are you doing today gentlemen ?

Gambate weed stocks!

>stock market general
how're those 4% monthly returns doing? we've all 100x'd our money already on shitcoins.

I was being facetious yesterday... I think we might actually be approaching new paradigm. When you've got fiscal conservative budget hawks like my self actually applauding government spending on shit infrastructure like the wall and bigger military something's definitely fucked up. Interest rates are going to continue to rise we all know it we all anticipate it so lets just prepare for it. I've said this before and I will say it again, sell bonds you don't even have. Just fucking sell them. We're all going to make it.

Red ID claims he's 100x'd his money. Did you cash out into fiat and buy something yet?

>Implying we don't use our shitcoin gains to buy real investments

Pardon my newfagginess,but aren't rising interest rates a reason to buy bonds?

I'm pretty sure it's bad for bonds and REITS. If they rise then the old bond you're holding isn't as valuable.

Hope you guys bought some BSPM yesterday :-)

Jesus christ 1m volume 10 minutes after open

bloomberg.com/features/american-mall-game/
Why you should long balls deep AMZN

Ok say you take $100 and buy a bond that gives you 5% a year on that $100 for 10 years. Over the life of that bond it's worth $150 bucks or something. Say the next fucking day the damn rate goes up to 6% and you've changed your mind and want to get out of the bond so you can fucking buy something else. Well why would anybody buy your bond worth $150 when they can just get a fresh one worth $160. Somebody will buy it but you're not getting $100 for it! That bond is worth like $90 or some damn thing. I could figure out exact numbers and do the math if I wasn't hung over and had time to calculate it, but you don't have to have exact numbers to wrap your head around the fucking concept.

How does robin hood compare to questrade?

Rising interest rate mean a drop in price for already existing bonds
Also, if rates keep rising, it means inflation risk is felt as being greater

shorted twitter at $32.89, I'm hoping it'll close below $30 today once the hype dies off

I thought raising interest rates slowed down inflation though...

How high will it moon user? %

So buy TIPs? ???

Yes but it can be that the raise might not be enough

Hey, is there any "good" investing podcast out there? I feel like it could be something helpful while I drink my morning coffee.

>implying I didn't invest in the stock market with crypto gains

you gotta diversify, nigga

I wouldn't touch bonds that depends on government statistics.
I would buy stocks from services with strong pricing power (eg. Luxury)

Lowering rates slows inflation. Cheap money means prices can rise because people can afford it. See median home price index charts in the wake of the '08 crash when quantitative easing kicked in. Mortgage interest rates got lower so it became cheaper to finance a house. More people were buying houses, more demand = higher prices.

This is post-gold-standard economics 101.

You're right, just look at Tiffany & Co. Their profits are soaring!

Also MU (Micron) should be skyrocketing this year. Great long term investment.

wew…
What a ride. Just got the invoice for the heli rescue while skiing a week ago, and then lost 4 times that amount in the correction, only to get it almost all back. What a rollercoaster.
That was my first correction I witnessed live!
Lessons learned:
>don't get emotional
>do more planning
…or I'll just switch totally to long term hodling of blue chips and large ETFs, but where's the fun in that?

Long dated bonds and bond ETFs are going to get BTFO this year. I'm holding my stocks and just buying individual 4 week t bills (instead of savings account) until rates stop rising or the stock market crashes. Also holding $FLOT to have some rate-proof corporate bond exposure.

Except for the whole hold bonds part.

>implying the "correction" is over

>America
>Luxury
lol
Europenis luxury brands are more profitable.

Coins board here bro

I prefer to invest in my own country.

T W I T T E R

>
Probably not. But I guess those heavy drops are over. I can live with sideways movements or a slow decline, but just having 15k evaporate right in front of my eyes within 2 days was quite the interesting experience.

Profits and tendies have no nation m8

>Europenis luxury brands are more profitable.
Might be. I'm quite happy with LVMH as a long term hold. I think I'm even getting dividends. (though, I'd prefer to get them in special shareholder edition Hermés ties or something)

wew

Was heading towards 20-30% but some fuckin whale sold 1m, buy the dip at your own risk I suppose

>Hermés ties
Crap. They got rid of them a while ago. So LV ties please…

Props to Nak shill, make sure you anons get out by end of week before the dump

Ah, gotcha. Dump existing bonds since they're the ones getting hosed. And caveat emptor for new bonds.

Shill me some penny stocks. Looking at nspr after a nasty reverse split.

FUCK
MY SNAP STOCK WENT DOWN!!!

What do you guys think about California energy stocks like PCG and EIX? Those two got rekt because of the wildfires but surely there's a bottom there somewhere and they'll make a strong recovery eventually.

Fag

See
Trump isn't letting the feds carry Commiefornia anymore. Expect businesses there to tank, or more likely bankrupt altogether, within the next few years.

Did you seriously keep holding after the pump yesterday? On an unprofitable company? A

i have an extra $6 on buying power
anyone know any cheap gold mining stocks?

ALL IN JNUG

>GOOS

yeah, i bought it when it was $13
thinking about selling it right now before it really dips down

Why?

This post is proof you should never take financial advice from /pol/

There is no happening. California will still be a top state for a while. I'd say go for it.

>Trump isn't letting the feds carry Commiefornia anymore

>money finally clears
>have to decide when to go all in on various stocks

WHEN WILL THE CORRECTION BE OVER

CRASH YOU STUPID FUCKING MARKET JUST CRASH ALREADY

5?

oh wait. i get it.

>user says if SPY is down this morning to buy TVIX
>SPY down slightly
>TVIX up over 10%
Fuck should have listened.

LODE

Is ATVI a buy before earnings ?

I see it as a good LT hold.

LTBR

>bought some STMicro because I know there's a good long-term industrial activity prospect in RF microelectronics
>stock drops

it's a dip buyers get BTFO yet again episode

are you a europoor

NXTD
making a contactless payment system for crypto to retail transactions. Preorders coming this month.

Years of gainz, completely wiped out in under 2 weeks. All my work, gone.... Along with a large chunk of my initial investment.

Hitler was right. I wish he had wiped out the Jews when he had the chance.

Anyone have any experience in investing in movie companies?
I am thinking about getting some Lionsgate stock

Yes

could be another good day for ICLD

>NAK
This. How long should I HODL?

no one cares about blockchain anymore.

>NAK
ATTACK
>NAK
ATTACK
>NAK
ATTACK
>NAK
ATTACK

When to buy into AMD?

Dumped my F & IRM positions to buy AMZA. Dividend fag. Let's get drunk for thursday yall. I'm gonna go watch some snooker. Best blog post

>NAK

APOLOGIZE

The year 2015

never, correct answer for that shitcoin is never

Don't gamble on earnings. TTWO going red today after their ER yesterday should teach you that. LT hodl is best way to play Vidya stocks, just buy on dips they are consistent growers.

Never

I bought Visa

Dead cat bounce confirmed, gtfo

Thank God I didn't buy yesterday.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GET FUCKED POORFAGS

WE HITTING -700 BY CLOSING

>VMW

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just bought 8 shares of NVDA before earnings. You think I am going to make that sweet 10% user?

Wtf is with this marketwide crash the past 30 minutes

>he bought the dip

CRASH CRASH CRASH

Buy TVIX to profit from the blood bath

>IRM
Not buying UNIT instead.

>bloodbath
>up 20%
pick 1

Market is about to fucking drop =TVIX $$$

who else here /comfy/ ready to buy on monday?

me too famalam, feels bad

gravity doesn't exist, the earth just sucks.