APOLOGIZE

hackernoon.com/why-you-keep-buying-the-wrong-cryptocurrencies-dba15df0962a

>Despite all of these achievements, the ChainLink team has almost no social media presence and very little hype (outside of Veeky Forums, which actively spreads misinformation to mask the project’s presence), so your average person has almost definitely never heard of it.

APOLOGIZE for spreading misinformation and deliberately masking this projects presence

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/why-you-keep-buying-the-wrong-cryptocurrencies-dba15df0962a
blog.acolyer.org/2018/02/08/chainspace-a-sharded-smart-contracts-platform/
dropfile.to/QYk6HLX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

old and gay

no idea why are pajeets shilling this and not mobius which has respectable figures as advisors plus stanford pajeets programming

Fuck you and your discord scam

more disinformation. APPPPPOOOOLOOOGIZE

What misinformation? Stinkies couldn't join December moons because they're dumb, ugly and poor. They always say it's going to moon tonight but it never does. It only went to $1 because they got pumped and dumped, that's what this is, a pump and dump token.

>disinformation to mask its presence

how could its presence be masked when theres almost always a link thread up. its probably Veeky Forums's favorite smaller coin at the moment.

What about people that don't browse Veeky Forums 24/7 huh? What if they don't know how to use the catelog??

Sorry

Thank you
/thread

>hackernoon.com/why-you-keep-buying-the-wrong-cryptocurrencies-dba15df0962a

"Here, clearly, the price of ChainLink is dominated by its value, and it would be a great project to invest in. It has an obvious use case, and has a solid developer team behind it with industry experience dealing with smart contracts and oracle solutions. In future, after they release their product and are inevitably forced to do some marketing, the price is likely to explode once people are aware of its existence and their great accomplishments.
"
Feb 1·

I thought that tis was a dead project being used by a prajeet PnD to finance another scamcoin called Mobius and biz was larping?

>hackernoon.com/why-you-keep-buying-the-wrong-cryptocurrencies-dba15df0962a

Was this article written by 11 yo kid?

Is this LINK thing real then? I thought it was a biz scam run out of some shitty postal box in a nail saloon that died and was continued by Indian scammers?

People who dont even know how to do that definitely dont deserve to buy chainlink.

You insensitive coiners!! IT WAS NOCOINERS TURN!

Kek, that's like a convergence of half the fud in one sentence

DO NOT LET NORMIES KNOW ABOUT LINK THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR TURN!!!

>favorite smaller coin at the moment
HOW
NEW
ARE
YOU

Biance

Apparemtly its something to do with chainlink. They upped the withdrawal fee massively, then suspended trading and now have pulled this while there are 15 million USD worth of link tokens being transferred back and forth?

Anyone know the latest?

this is next level mobius pajeet shilling

i dont get this meme

i know you don't

Companies have all sorts of contracts for all sorts of things (obviously) but the legal system never works like it's supposed to. Let’s say you agree a contract to sell a table, say, for $20 next week. You give the guy the table but next week he doesn’t pay. Are you really going to take the buyer to court even though he legally owes you the money?

This kind of thing happens on a huge scale between companies. If they do decide to go to court it's expensive and wastes time. Usually, the side who’s owed money settles out of court for much less than they’re owed.

This is where smart contracts come in. Smart contracts are basically code that executes a contract when conditions are met. An example might be “I'll buy $100 of bonds if the base interest rate hits 1%”.

Once agreed, a smart contract will execute as written, no matter what. No one can fuck each other over once the contract is agreed (unless they BOTH agree).

What’s more, the contract is stored on a blockchain and so can’t be interfered with without hacking 51% of the nodes (this is practically impossible).

But there is another attack vector for smart contracts. Returning to the $100 for bonds example above, I could hack the input to the contract to (falsely) tell the contract that the interest rate is now 1%. The smart contract sees this and executes when it's not supposed to. The security of the contract is only as strong as the weakest link, which in this case is the input (also called an oracle).

Chainlink (LINK) solves this problem by decentralizing the oracle – i.e. the information that goes into the contract. It means smart contracts can't be falsely triggered via the attack vector I described above.

And the bond example is just one of millions of use cases.

Right now, it's AD 2018, Feburary 9th. It's about 9 years and 10 months before you'll read this.

I failed.

I remembered I was me just a year ago. The day the Great King of Terror came from the sky. Stupid stupid what's the Great King of Terror he should have come down from the sky.

For these 24 years, I had lost my memories. All I could remember was my name.

The day the Great King of Terror was said to come down but didn't. The Great King of Terror's nowhere to be found, but I want to die.

The imperfectly repaired time machine malfunctioned and when I leapt to 1988, I couldn't remember anything. When I remembered it, my mind went blank and I didn't know what to do and I got institutionalized.

Now I'm living alone, but that's as the brand new person, Satou Nikashi, living an ordinary life. Last year I remembered my mission as Satoshi Nakamoto that I had completely forgotten.

For some reason, the time travel went badly Father's repair was incomplete but it's not Father's fault it's my fault.

I should've leapt directly to 1988 I shouldn't have stopped over at 2018 I shouldn't have been so selfish now the future won't change.

I couldn't get a Bitcoin

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry.

I forgot my mission, and just lived carefree.

This life was meaningless.

Meaningless. Meaningless. Meaningless. It's bad that I remembered. It's good that I remembered. It's good that I could apologize to you. ForgivemeForgivemeForgivemeForgivemeForgivemeForgiveme.

My plan failed. I kept thinking about the cause for this entire year.

Then I figured it out.

It gets better: LINK has basically no competition. The team have been working on this since before bitcoin was invented. They have the domain smartcontract.com. They are likely to be partnering with SWIFT and have done work with banks like Santander, Barclays, and BNP Paribas. LINK works with any blockchain – ethereum, bitcoin, hyperledger, you name it.

LINK also has the best memes.

Sergey Narazov. After that Crypto currency offline meet, I tried to leap to 1988 but you detained me. I was really happy about that, but detaining me there was where it all failed. I should have leaped on that day. I shouldn't have missed that day. Since you detained me, the time machine broke from the rain that night.

If I could turn back time, I wouldn't have let myself get detained that day.

Because then I could've gotten you guys the Bitcoin. I could fulfill my mission. I want to fulfill my mission.

Because I promised father.
Because it was father's will.
Because I want to change the future.

I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.

I failed.

I failed. I failed I failed. I failed, I failed, fail fail fail.

I FAILED. I FAILED. I FAILED.

MEANINGLESS MEANINGLESS MEANINGLESS

>LINK also has the best memes.

This is true.

>i dont get this meme

Can you triforce?

I will kill this cunt for writing this... Mentioning the name of fight club & Rorys bull.
Broke rules 1 and 2!!!

i just hope the chinamen on binance didnt steal all of my link, i just bought some this week and was already dreaming of my mansions and lambos ;_;

>hackernoon
motherfuckers. we've been trying for 5 months to make people believe link is a meme and they just go and shill it like that?
this won't end well

we need orchestrate a collapse in any credibility this website has. claim that they were infiltrated by russian scammers looking to pump and dump coins.

how dare they spread this tron FUD - everyone knows tron is a great coin it was even on CNBC multiple times. tron is only down right now because the market in general is down.

I commented on that article. I hope it helps!

SERGEY, HE IS THE FAT

blog.acolyer.org/2018/02/08/chainspace-a-sharded-smart-contracts-platform/

>misinformation

I'm sorry, is Sergey not fat?

THE AUDACITY!

Idiots still think that LINK is Swift gpi, braindead

I'm sorry your project is shit.

What do you mean? SWIFT will use Chainlink.

But not for Swift gpi

labargini is nice but i like snales
go chain link

the point is fundamental and not well understood, but true.

there are too many cryptos emerging, over 100 last month, and there'll be even more this summer. nobody is going to keep up to date with these things or care enough about them, 99% of them will fail long term, so the value is only there for short to mid term speculators.

and the speculators are only interested in coins that have a steady stream of news or events to trade against, and for all the shitcoins being thrown onto the market that absolutely favours newer hotter coins. the churn is already higher than its ever been in crypto and its only going to get worse.

once your coin falls off the hype/news train, its almost impossible for it to get back on, and its only going to get harder as the number of shitcoins all fighting for the speculators liquidity and attention keep increasing, which only ends up favoring the huge coins in the long run.

Linkies are holding very heavy bags right now. Glad I didn't fell for their scammy bs.

heh... good... good.. you must have some jewish blood in you

ok, but what does the erc20 token do.

Kurisu, I have to go back.

God that meme is good. That's a good ass meme, there's no denying it.

Dyor

People aren't going to operate nodes for free

pic related explains all

It has the power to turn retards like you into slightly less retarded people, all you have to do is your research.

>In order to compensate the off-chain needs of the Chainlink system, the LINK token has been established as systems currency of choice. LINK tokens are used to pay data providers, ChainLink node operators, payment providers, and other online service providers for their services. According to the developers, the LINK token is an integral part of the ChainLink system, with demand and value of the tokens being directly correlated to the number of operators that offer off-chain services to the system. This means that more usage the ChainLink platform gets, the more valuable LINK tokens should be.

>Some commentators have suggested that the LINK token is an unnecessary element to the project, with other cryptocurrencies being perfectly adequate means of compensation to operators.
>There are also claims that oracles themselves would have more incentive to keep their network and access to their own data constant if the payment for their service were to be issued in a more established currency.
>The actual necessity of the LINK tokens will become more apparent when the system goes live and will be based on the number of Node Operators that join the network. If there is little uptake of the system, then the token has no inherent value since no one actually wants it.

this is a fine and dandy but being a brainlet like myself, whats the process of getting someone to use your node. Additionally do you just have to have your node up and running and whoever wants data will just select a node and then itll find the data requested?

I don't know. I have no intention of running a node or getting my tokens stolen by some node pool like many of the geeks on this board

I'm just speculating and selling at $10, $30, $90, then holding the rest to see what happens

i was originally in that same thought process but honestly the idea of a little more start up money for long term passive income is not really something i want to entirely write off

what nobody likes to think about though is that betting on chainlink is betting on there being a lot of very large dominant smart contract players that are all public.

if the scenario plays out where only one or two chains have superdominance in the contract space, a second network just for oracles is utterly pointless, because oracles and other live data sources will absolutely be available directly on the second layers of those platforms, like ethereum.

chainlink is the same bet as those other coins like polcadot, the assumption that unlike today, the future will see there being > 5-10 coins all in mass public use all doing the same thing.

LinkPool can't take your links thanks to smart-contract.

Nodes will have reputation based on LINK staked, previous accuracy etc. So yes likely you will either need a fuckton of LINK to make decent ROI or join a pool.

>mfw I'm a freelance writer reading this thread and gathering information for my chainlink article

There isn't any competition

>betting on chainlink is betting on there being a lot of very large dominant smart contract players that are all public.
Why?

I don't think that's unreasonable anyway. We have a load of banks - Santander, Barclays, Lloyds, Chase, etc. We have a load of supermarkets - Walmart, Tesco, Sainsburys, etc.

Even among industries that are said to be monopolies there is competition. In aircraft there is Boeing and Airbus. Microsoft has to compete with Apple and Android and Linux. Even Google only has a 70% or so market share in search.

LINK $1,000 EOY

Why isn't aeternity competition? They seem similar

thanks. I mostly understood that portion but is it just essentially you have your node up and running and someone selects your node and it automatically looks for the info requested? still just trying to wrap my head around that portion of it all

buying more after this meme

why do i keep seeing mobius brought up as chainlinks competition? is it a joke?

i dont think you understood my point

because it's fundamentally the same idea, you have to use this other token in order to interop with another chain. that's only useful when there are many more chains that you want to bother providing oracle data sources to directly.

you can bet ethereum is going to have effectively the same protocol built in to whatever second layer network becomes dominant on their platform, because oracles are a fundamental requirement for smart contracts to actually be useful, and not just simplistic decision makers.

i doubt they'll be only one big player, but even at 2 or 3 large smart contract players there's an argument that most of them will end up using direct/native oracle sources instead of relying on another network, which represents another point of failure. i dont think it's unreasonable that we'll have many dominant competing smart contract platforms, i just think it's less likely given how things tend to play out.

if green dubs link is a fucking scam kek

It's not going to be like that, there are going to be millions of chains. Companies will have lots of different blockchsins for diff things, diff departments etc.

>>>>freelance writer
I'm sure your 2 readers will appreciate your financial advice

Anyone save the IBM document last night?

I don't think you understand what a decentralized oracle solution is and why we need it.

dropfile.to/QYk6HLX

from someone else in a different thread

Yep I have everything

that's one scenario, but it's also just as likely that those chains would simply be private chains of an already public blockchain, like ethereum.

i absolutely do, i dont think you understand that chainlink is more of a feature than a product

>mfw its not my website
>mfw I'll get paid no matter the traffic
>mfw Ill use the money to invest in LINK

Not decentralized

How would that work? Can Eth have multiple chains?

you can create any number of private ethereum blockchains, based on many different things than proof of work, and because it's ethereum it would be able to interop directly with whatever second layer oracle system is being developed for the main chain.

listen no one is saying chainlink will last forever. The next generation of blockchains will have oracle functionality natively. But now the ones gaining traction do not and like vitaliks post said won't for some time for various reasons. Second layer oracle solutions have advantages you aren't even considering though if you think they'll be replaced by blockchains that don't "need" them.

im not sure what you mean. a true native oracle layer which is secured by the ethereum blockchain itself is very much possible on whatever second layer ethereum ends up using, that's my point.

while chainlink can do the same thing, it requires a second token and unless chainlink's market cap exceeds ethereum's, it won't be as secure.

Thx senpai

thanks i just bought 100k NEW and HOW

^^ lol I hope youre being sarcastic user

every point youre trying to make here is about ethereum vs stellar not chainlink vs mobius. chainlink is blockchain agnostic. plus with plasma rolling out any day ethereum is about to be faster than stellar anyway.

FUCK REDDIT IS ON TO US
I DIDN'T FINISH ACCUMULATING

I mean are they lying?

Ok serious q guys. 8ve been starting to fomo on xlm pretty bad the last couple of days, and keep hearing whispers in my head telling me to sell some of my link stack for some lumens. Should I do this? Or going the potential plasma roll out, should I buy some Eth instead? Link is like 1/4 of my portfolio

yes
aeternity is so irrelevant IBM didn't even consider it

Ok went and looked at it and looks like they spent about 10x the time and effort on gimmicky marketing shit as they did the whitepaper.

aeternity is just another blockchain with smart contracts but it has oracles natively so it wouldn't need chainlink (though it could probably use it). If you buy aeternity you're believing they'll become an important blockchain, but it seems unlikely because they're just one of dozens of smart contract platforms that don't really offer anything new or improved or any of the big ones.

Thank you I see what you are saying

LINK being over $1 defeats the purpose anyways.

What you folks still don't realize is that ChainLink being seen as '4chans coin' is a strategic choice to intentionally keep the price low. Think about it - do normies want to buy a coin Veeky Forums memes everywhere? Fuck no, price stays low as people are reluctant to buy a coin associated with NEETs and autists.
Meanwhile, Sergey is going full recon mode in getting mainnet up and running. Once its ready to go and IF these partnerships actually happen, LINK success would be guaranteed.
Veeky Forums has effectively had its reputation of neckbeards and neets tied to this coin as a means of supressing the price so people can keep accumulating at low prices. LINKs adoption here is, at its core, a test to see whether memes can be used as a means to build dreams.

Not only that. Buying aeternity means you're betting that it will be big vs all the other smart contract platforms like NEO and Ethereum. Buying ChainLink you're not betting only on one smart contract system. You're betting on all of them as ChainLink is blockchain agnostic so it will work for all blockchains not just Ethereum. Ethereum is what they will support on main net release but other platforms will be supported as it gains traction.

is this true

Kek

Any bateman meme is always great

"Normies" didn't want Trump to become President, fudded his campaign hard... and still lost, because, apparently, "normies" are actually a vocal minority outnumbered significantly by the silent majority of more sensible people who listen more than talk.

If you listen carefully, you can here our gains coming around the corner.