Gold is literally useless and has nothing going for it

is safe haven, normally goes up when stocks are in freefall

Everyone's going into asteroid mining

>he fell for the gold meme because a boomer told him to

>2018
>not knowing a simple bacteria can turn toxic metals into gold

hahahaha

good. I hope peter schiff dies.

If you can send tesla to asteroid belt you can send mining air operated robots.

no bacteria can turn one element into another

that requires an atom smasher or the implosion of a star

this

Everyone cashing out to buy crypto unironically

It doesn't make gold dipstick it just collates trace amounts into slighter bigger amounts.

no retard, if youve ever looked at the markets before 20fucking17 you would see that Gold and the markets have low correlation, and often go down at the same time

I'm going to buy some gold with muh crypto and have a Jesus piece chain made for me.

>no retard, if youve ever looked at the markets before 20fucking17 you would see that Gold and the markets have low correlation, and often go down at the same time
lol?

It`s because of paper gold.

People who own actual metal are, let`s say, golden.. hehe

Also user - no not necessarily - gold's a safe haven when you're afraid of systemic risk or hyperinflation.

That said don't worry user it is the safest place to be in a financial system which is going to have its face ripped off.

I think recently scientists found bacteria that shits gold so gold is worth way less since you can make it.

Someyhing like that.

you can open a bank account in zurich all backed by gold, with a debit card and buy your metal with bitcoin and ether.

>I think recently scientists found bacteria that shits gold so gold is worth way less since you can make it.
nope

the people who dont understand gold sell in times like these

Maybe gold's value is actually backed by faith just like everything else and if it were valued on it's real industrial uses it wouldn't be any more expensive than aluminum.

>Gold down 40 bucks per oz
Does this hold true for other currencies too, or just $?

Maybe $ is up rather than gold being down.

Did you check bond market? Bond is going up.

of course it is... interest rates will go up so that ppl start buying bonds - the average interest will surpass the average stock gains - ppl will sell stocks to buy bonds and the stock market will get rekt.

Higher interest rates will end up cucking the country because the US owns 20 trillion dollars and the govt has no way to honor their debts, even more so after Trump`s tax cuts

>Gold is literally useless

>universally accepted
>sovereign
>virtually undestructable
>physical asset

>uselss
You are dumb as fuck.

holy shit you are the dumbest person alive
Interest rate hikes have been priced in for 2 years now

what do you think your computer is made of

Lol gold is made when stars explode user - not by bacteria, all bacteria can do is collect it together as a byproduct.

If it were possible to create gold it wouldn't have value that's one of the fundamental aspects of it.

Just wait and see

Not gonna larp telling you that I have inside info but I`ve been around

Law of scarcity

obviously you dont and havent
trying to predict the future is already stupid, but predicting the future based on false assumptions is even worse

In severe sell offs like this one, investors often sell profitable positions to cover losses in unprofitable ones.

Gold is incredibly useful. Smoke a bowl, do some yoga and put a piece of pure or 22k gold on your third eye, throats chakra, or heart chakra and you will see why.

dude. that's some next level shit. go to occult AND stay there.

>Should gold not be going up

>why? Should gold not be going up?
It will go up. But first it will go down. Because when a bubble bursts everybody wants to sit on cash, not equities, bonds, gold, real estate or any other "asset".

>Does this hold true for other currencies too, or just $?
Not in my country (Sweden), gold has been stable recent weeks, more or less locked in at 340 SEK per gram.

That's not how it works though, if interest rates goes up, the value of old bonds goes down, because the old bonds have a lower yield.

If current bonds are going up in other words the yield is going down than that's a bet against higher future yields.

Muh 50000 years of being a store of value.

>pajeets trying to make gold

Gold is a bubble

yeah I have been waiting on it to burst for the last few hundred years myself

btfo

Gold is used in electronic, if it was cheaper it would see more usage, therefore driving price up.
Best conductor, non reactive, plastic, anti bacterial.

>, if it was cheaper it would see more usage, therefore driving price up

I've thought about buying gold but ultimately I want to be rich and you won't get rich off gold. You won't get poor either, but still.

It's worth it to me to buy a ticket to the lotto rather than just a hold in value. I see no difference between putting money in gold versus just a savings account

>It's worth it to me to buy a ticket to the lotto rather than just a hold in value. I see no difference between putting money in gold versus just a savings account
if the dollar collapses you fiat savings account will be worthless

gold is overstocked by goobermintes ... silver is not also much more needed in industry - which is one of the reasons

also the fuckery > paper that says you own gold is being sold ...

Stocks aren’t in freefall it’s a price correction. Gold is a hedge against inflation.

>Should gold not be going up

>biggest point loss in a week in history

Yeah, but if fiat collapses there will be a lot more to worry about. plus I own guns

>simple bacteria can turn toxic metals into gold

>as if points matter and not percents

they do matter

also yes you are right, it's a once in a few decade point loss in a trading week too!

All I can say is have fun losing your money

He means there's a floor on gold prices

No stocks and gold are not really inverse correlated anyhow. Stronger dollar pushes gold down atm last gold spike was currency spike not gold strength. Gold is very steady still and do not provide anything special in terms of trading opportunities

We should be seeing insane dollar rally later on. Euro is showing already weakness, yen is not ready just yet

>No stocks and gold are not really inverse correlated anyhow.
they were during the 2008 crash

and gold shit the bed during the late 90s dot com stock rally

The Bretton Woods system was abandoned in 1971 since then there's been nothing stopping a constant anual three percent inflation of the dollar and other fiat currencies, hence the price increase in gold.

The actual value of gold probably haven't increased significantly, it's the dollar and other fiat currencies that has lost value.

this

gold and silver are trash

just buy bitcoin

t. guy who traded buttcoins for silver/gold last year and regret ever minute of my life

Trips confirm. SELL ALL GOLD SELL ALL BACTERIA

gold and silver went down in 2008 too bub

lol wat XD

when the crisis hit gold went from 800 to $1950 over the course of several years

^_^

So now is a good time to buy gold jewelry?

"'They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be treated as a thing unclean. Their silver and gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath. It will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs, for it has caused them to stumble into sin.

since when has jesus ever been right with any of his predictions

he said he would come back within 100 years in the bible, he lied

You are me from 2015.

In the early days of the 2008 crisis, silver and gold crashed because people were getting margin calls and had to liquidate positions.

After 2008 prices of both increased dramatically as a safe haven from the stock/bond market.

Silver and gold could go up 5-10 times if another really big crash happens but in the short term they will go down due to margin calls.

t. somebody who owns almost 100kg of silver.

Wrong. Bonds are the hedge against stock market falls. Bonds are hitting record rates, the money is flowing to them, not another speculative commodity.

>Everyone cashing out to buy bonds unironically

I would argue that loaning the US government money for 30 years at 3% is extremely speculative, considering possible government defaults and inflation risks.

It's not impossible, but unlikely. Interest rates hit the 18% mark in the 80's, but the economy was different, and there's no way they could hit 18 in less than a decade, the turmoil right now is over 1 point higher.

The US government will literally never ever default on a bond payment, there is 0% chance

youtube.com/watch?v=q6vi528gseA

>difficult to transfer
>literally just a shiny rock
>can't even buy a cup of coffee with it
>massive security issues; thieves can just say gibsmedat and take off with it
>inferior to guns and ammo in real SHTF situations
>space is full of it; massive oversupply incoming

Yeah, gold is just a meme at this point.

Hey brainlet,default is one option. The other option as you showed is printing money which increases inflation risk.

Either way, loaning the US government money for 30 years at 3% is extremely risky. Maybe 8-10% and I would risk it.

You realise a gold-backed credit card or blockchain would remove all of these issues right?

How is space even an argument? We haven't event mined a single grain of gold in space and there are currently no plans to.

>>difficult to transfer
no it's not
>>literally just a shiny rock
gold is a metal it is in no way a rock
>>can't even buy a cup of coffee with it
nobody said you could
>>massive security issues; thieves can just say gibsmedat and take off with it
this is true of anything you own
>>inferior to guns and ammo in real SHTF situations
people who can afford to have a significant amount of gold have both
>>space is full of it; massive oversupply incoming
you are literally retarded

just looked at the chart of gold and i think you might wanna hold a few more weeks cause theres a serious buy signal atm

the reason gold is still low is because trump and the media are hiding the fact that the us dollar is clearly deteriorating, but you watch the results from the DOW and you can see investors arent falling for it.
Its only a matter of time before the bandaid comes off and gold starts making gains of $50-100$ p/day

>Hey brainlet,default is one option.
no it's not, we will never default, 0% chance
>Either way, loaning the US government money for 30 years at 3% is extremely risky. Maybe 8-10% and I would risk it.
the US government has never not paid out, not in 200 years

Brainlet, you don't seem to get it. If the US government is printing money to pay off existing debt, this always causes inflation.

If inflation is 5-10% and your bond is locked in at 3%, you WILL lose money.

Veeky Forums is full of ponzi-scheme loving pajeets.

>Brainlet, you don't seem to get it. If the US government is printing money to pay off existing debt, this always causes inflation.
>If inflation is 5-10% and your bond is locked in at 3%, you WILL lose money.
You keep saying default then talk about something else, I am addressing you saying default, are you confused?

Gold isn't meant to make you money you fucking idiot, it's meant to help you keep it

>Non oxidizing element, the best electrical conductor , shields uv etc etc ad infinitum
>useless?????

Just do humanity a favour and neck yourself

>mfw in fiat ready to buy LITERALLY EVERYTHING ON SALE

in2013dollars.com/1933-dollars-in-1953?amount=1

>U.S. Inflation Rate, 1933-1953 ($1)
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index, the dollar experienced an average inflation rate of 3.65% per year. Prices in 1953 are 105.0% higher than prices in 1933.

please look up the word "default" in the dictionay

the US literally can't default USD bonds, it just needs to print more USD
doesn't mean buying USD bonds isn't risky.

Gold is shit.

It's actual market price if its store of value were removed would probably be 1/10th the price. Gold will always have some store of value, but that role is starting to be eroded by Bitcoin.

you know there are more types of bonds than 30year treasuries right?

some 2year strips are already 3%

he mentioned inflation risks. you cherry picked default. default isn't impossible btw, the government would just have to WANT to default, which is highly unlikely. still you cherry picked the default option.

gold only went up after 2009 because of QE

default is literally impossible

because bitcoin has a 4000 year history of being an excellent store of value

why is it so hard for semi-coiners to recognize crypto is where most of the money will flee to along with cash

overall MC of crypto is so low compared to 100 trillion world market cap, even getting 5% its going to skyrocket as the markets deflate. fucking just buy and wait.

you think rick cucks are ok with cash and bond and savings returns get real

crypto assets are about to get roided