Just started a web development company

sandiasolutions.me

How would I go about establishing an effective business model to attract clients?

Other urls found in this thread:

material.io/
sandiasolutions.me
sandiasolutions.me/blog/design-process.php
google.com/search?q=call to action and the color orange&rlz=1C1CHBD_enSE759SE759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimx8KFs5fZAhVDfiwKHSILBgcQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=974
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yo hire me nigga

Build some portfolio

user I would love to but I need to find enough clientele that warrants me hiring people

user I cant build a portfolio without having clients first, my only portfolio right now is my website itself

Of course you can.
1. You can design some fake site for imaginable company. Just make it to look legit.
2. You can contact local charities and offer them free web design service. This is actually noble action to do.
3. You can design logos, business cards etc
4. There are really a ton of options.

you approach local companies and offer them a good deal, you'll most likely have to take some low paying gigs to build up a decent portfolio before trying to take the normal p/h charge

woops, was meant for

Hmm, this isn't bad, I am currently designing brochures/business cards for myself currently, and I can feature those on the site... I can also just make some easy bullshit wordpress site for a charity too... not a bad idea user

I have done that over the phone the other day but got negged really hard, I'm gonna try the walk in approach next week.

I dunno how you're approaching this, but I assume you're have some common sense. Approach companies with a shitty website, sweet talk them a bit. Talk about how important it is to have a responsive website in this day and age, how the majority of web users are actually using their phones to browse now and shit like that. Tell them you're new in the business and willing to do it for a modest price. Include six months of free support. Include free SEO optimization (on-site)

If nothing works, approach some charities / animal shelters and do some pro-bono websites to build up your portfolio.

Check /r/forhire on reddit

What i'm doing is checking out businesses with shitty sites and thats when I got negged. I need to refine my selling points.

One guy sounded insulted when I told him "I don't mean to offend you but your website is currently out of date.

>One guy sounded insulted when I told him "I don't mean to offend you but your website is currently out of date.

Probably because he was. Start by introducing yourself, start talking about how important websites are. I started creating websites for companies at the age of 16 whilst studying, and at one point I had to deny new customers because it was becoming too much. This is why companies have marketing people, most coders aren't socially proficient enough to draw in customers. Here's an example:

"Hi, my name is ________ and I'm calling you to check if your company would be interested in my web development services? I'm a recent college graduate looking to get my foot into the web development world, and I thought it'd be an excellent way to do so by helping local companies at the same time.

I create modern websites that work on both handheld devices and computers. I believe it's very important for a business to have a website that appeals to the customer, but is easy to navigate at the same time. I incorporate website psychology in all the websites I create, by taking advantage of Color Psychology and Gestalt laws I make sure that your website has an impact on the visitor.

[...]

I'd love to set up a meeting with you to further discuss this."

New Mexico, my nigga.

>We use state of the art software engineering technologies like Node.js and Angular 4 to engineer faster web applications

Do you unironically web design bro?
this shit literally gave me cancer.

>If you hire Sandia Solutions to make a website or web application for you, your clients will say "by the way, your website is amazing" or "your website convinced us to go here"

>Sandia Solutions uses three things to build websites: sharp design skills, attention to detail, and hand written code

>For us, web development is a form of technical art.
OP, seriously wtf? your website is cringy af. plush pepe paradise.

I once had a guy come into my shop to buy wireless headphones. He then proclaimed "I'm a front end developer. In my mind, wires don't exist"

Post on Veeky Forums for credibility.

>attention to detail,

Pixel-perfect

>Our mission is to instill the simple phrase "Sandia Solutions must have made this", in every Albuquerque web user whenever they see a local website push the boundaries of quality design on today's internet

Im working that part out user, I'll add some more content to that part

Lol even though I'm being roasted I appreciate the feedback, I'll try to write some better content that doesn't make me sound like devfag straight out of San Francisco.

I'll try something to sound more business oriented about how I will make my clients money, rather than some atrsy ego driven cuck.

gotta put that on https bruh.

Also while I'm at it if you were a business owner what would you prefer to read from a web developer like myself?

Thanks user, i'll write a couple paragraphs for me to recite in a non-robotic manner and try to get the hang of this. I appreciate it.

I'm in the process of switching to a .us domain so I'll get my SSL cert then.

>Do you unironically web design bro?
>this shit literally gave me cancer.
it looks like the whole thread is a prank

>feedback

So I will give you a few suggestions:

1. Typography, this is the worst typography that i have seen.
2. Too colorful, colors that hurt eyes.
3. Too many unnecessary animations, remove
4. Fix paddings/margins around sections. Too uneven.
5. Fuck, delete all this shit and start from new.

You don't need to be from devfag straight out of San Francisco, just look around the current web design trends to avoid it making look like from 90s.

sadly most Veeky Forumsraelis are critics, not problem solvers.

You sound like a young, try-hard industry newbie.
You're not going to actually convince someone to to give you money with platitudes on a website.
They'll hire you, if you're comfy in-person. If someone they know recommends you. If they're desperate and your company is the first option they see (and you raise no red flags). If they're jews and you have the star of David on your homepage.
Dial down that PR wank talk, and do door-to-door approaches. Also, hang some fliers in locations where small business owners/employees hang out for lunch.

maybe you should try looking at similar businesses and see what they write in their websites.

>T PEEJJET SOLUTIONS

you posted yesterday and nobody gave a shit. why post again.

that dude that said he's in the same shit at least has pics of him as well as the other fuckers. you should be more like this. honesty and transparency. i bet you are a fucking indian.
>php

Your margins and padding is off-putting.
Your scripting is fine, but since your html and css is off it's like doing make-up on a pig. Did you even sketch your own website before coding it?
You don't sell by saying that their current product is shit. Even if it is, you don't have a clue about their history. You shouldn't try to sell a prouct, you should sell a service to solve their problems.
Stick to emailing. Honestly. Not only since you seem to have a bit of tism, but cold calling services is pretty much dead. Especially web-dev.
You can take two approaches:
1. Quantity. Create a list of leads, create a great email (just google it), add some customization to every mail. Mail-merge. Send.
2. Quality. Create a list of leads, make quick but good sketch of a design for each lead. Still write a good mail aswell.
In this case I would lean towards the quality option. Spend like 5 min on each sketch. That will probably make you a better designer in the end. People don't give a shit about the development part and the back-end. Why shouldn't your client just buy a wp-template or squarespace? How do you differentiate?

>typography
I'll look into this, I was currently using helvetica neue and Raleway, which are both "established" fonts if you will, yet I do agree it doesn't look good on my site, especially on the above-the-fold sections

>too colorful
I may remove the light blue in my pages which have the most text along with the two pages with darker images where I had the light text on a dark background. But the colorful social media part as well as on the home page I think do look good and I will keep.

> too many transitions
Those are current web design trends and I think they do look good. I'm gonna keep those, because my rule is that if you can interact with it, it should transition. material.io/

you mean that my site is so shitty that it is a prank, lol ouch

True, but i'd rather have criticism than no feedback at all, and ayyy a fellow new mexican! Are you in ABQ user?

>also hang some fliers in locations where small business owners/employees hang out at lunch
Thas an awesome fucking idea user, thankyou. And for the record I am a young, try-hard industry newbie, I'll dial that down on the site and do door to door as I have mentioned.

definitely

even though i've switched to node, you're definitely a fake dev if you see my .php extensions and your criticism isn't site file extensions showing up and just
>php

PHP 7.0+ is actually really decent.

>margin/padding is off-putting
Thanks for the feedback user, how so? You mean I have too much padding inside my sections?

also just for the record i'm not pajeet

Fix your transitions. This shit is piss easy to break just by scrolling back up the page. Way too much space between those sections and the shit feels like a popup add. Like when that pink screen comes up I just want to close it. Also that "S" in the corner looks bad. You need a logo or something if you're gonna go that route

>you mean that my site is so shitty that it is a prank, lol ouch
for some reason it just looks like someone created it from a template in 10 minutes.
no portfolio. it smells like a prank.
make a website for some charity if you need a portfolio, I don't know how people get clients other than from recommendation

>starts a company THEN develops the business model
Sigh

don't even mention squarespace or wix. that way you might tip people off to your competitors. squarespace and wix have some great templates

>sandiasolutions.me
Holy shit, is this a joke?
dude this is so horrible lol

Okay user, thanks, I'll make the transitions faster.

>looks like someone created it from template in 10 minutes
I probably spent like 20 hours making this site user, also I would disagree with the template part unless you look at my blog articles, most websites that use templates typically use the whole 1 Hero image with text -> 3 columns with font awesome svg's -> more text -> footer

Will do user, thanks for the input.

>I probably spent like 20 hours making this site user

Then don't be brainlet, user. there's no need to reinvent the wheel. If you're doing it for learning then its fine, otherwise no need to waste so much time.

> Get a professional template in 50-60$
> make changes
> ??
> profit.

that website is a fucking disaster kek

Alright user, I'll look into this, thank you.

Why don't you like the site user?

Think about halting the transitions once they've happened. Animation that triggers while scrolling down is usually ok if it's not overwhelming but having them happen again on the way up is just noisy, clunky and unnecessary. Once a section has animated in it should stay until the page is reloaded.

>sandiasolutions.me
bro your website is slick but some feedback:

you need an https cert to make people feel snug when on your site
you need a portfolio. Take on your first couple of clients for free or at a large discount to get the ball rolling
you have wayyyy too much text on your website and not enough call to action. I got board instantly from the walls of text you have on parts of your site like this section: sandiasolutions.me/blog/design-process.php
also you have too much technical jargon about how the website is constructed, end consumers don't give a fuck about this, they just want a website that works.
Market Segmentation: who are you targeting, what industries, what niche do you specialize in? do you provide shopping carts/e-commerce? If so which kind? If so is it small scale or enterprise?
the list goes on, you aren't there yet. Refine your webpage more and also take on some clients for free and do a couple of logos and some basic wordpress sites to get a small portfolio going.
Good luck

Hey user, thanks, youre the first person whose had something nice to say, I appreciate it.

>Market Segmentation
I'm looking for lawyers, real estate agents, high end restaurants, and others that are looking for good design. Really anything that isn't e-commerce in fact.
>call to action
I may put a call to action button, and I had the same feeling with the text, but all i can think off off the top of my head are the background color transitions there or images.

But thanks man. I appreciate it.

>I'm looking for lawyers, real estate agents, high end restaurants, and others that are looking for good design. Really anything that isn't e-commerce in fact.
then fucking specify that on your site dude. Say that you specialize in digital marketing solutions for law, real estate etc
>I may put a call to action button, and I had the same feeling with the text, but all i can think off off the top of my head are the background color transitions there or images.
man I've been in the saas industry for years now, I know what business owners have time for and what they need. They need no bullshit, easy, straight to the point. They won't read all the text. Go look at some big names in the game for calls to action, you need to guide the user around your site, not the other way around. I don't want to get confused navigating your site user. Your conversion rate will drop off with the way you have it

Okay man, definitely, I'll specify that on the home page part and delete the egotist stuff.

By call to action to you mean have a div pop up if a user scrolls down far enough? Also I'm gonna cut back on a lot of the text, is there a goal range of words/characters I should be aiming for?

google.com/search?q=call to action and the color orange&rlz=1C1CHBD_enSE759SE759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimx8KFs5fZAhVDfiwKHSILBgcQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=974

user this is probably the most useful advice i've had in this thread, thank you so much.

You're welcome bro. Good luck