XMR

Why are people investing on this cryptocoin?

No idea, buy mobeüs sir

Clearly you are a newfag.

Let me simplify this for you autie.

Monero > BTC for purchasing on deep/dark/dank whatever you want to call it, web.

And a bunch of other reasons.

I have a Nvidia 970 could I mine it with that??

Because it has more use case than literally 99% of the coins on the market right now

It's anonymous, unlike Bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin's implementation of blockchain literally makes it possible for authorities to monitor every single transaction you make. They are working on software to do this systematically.

drugs

yeah, cpu too

and it's because it's one of the comfiest holds period. This is due to being one of the only coins that actually has a VERY MUCH NEEDED USE CASE (demand) that is already bring provided, has been for a while, and will only continue to get better at providing (bulletproofs, ledger support, etc)I think it will double or triple within days of ledger nano s support being added this quarter

Because privacy is important

Privacy means fungibility

Also Moreno is cheap and fast, compared with Bitcoin Core.

tl;dr cheap, fast, fungible

also you can only mine it with CPU which makes it very useful for botnet mining

>you can only mine it with CPU

I'm wrong about that
monero's mining algorithm has something that makes CPU mining as effective as GPU mining

or something like that idk lol

Should I invest Monero now (have extra $3k apart from my savings) or should i just mine it?

Fungalbility

People actually use this coin to buy stuff. The same kind of stuff that btc was used for before becoming a "store of value"

Don’t bother mining. It’s only worth it when the difficulty is really low or if it’s high, you have access to free electricity. Monero is still recovering, so it’s a good time to buy.

they think there will be a new "silk road", but there will be nothing like that in the near future because they eyes have an eye on it..

How exactly does mining work? Are there mining machines where you have to have it connected to power and then have your USB wallet connected to it? Like how exactly do you send the coins to your wallet,through USB port(USB wallet) or internet by having a laptop or something connected to it? I would like to know because id like to see if its possible to a miner that can fit into my backpack and steal power from my school

lol

blame John Mcafee and the whole Irs tracking bitcoin transactions

Serious question.

Because it's the only coin that makes sense to use. All the other virgin ones essentially amount to giving away information to a database about your trading and purchases, and each individual coin can be tracked, while this Chad XMR is an anonymized ledger that doesn't track where the coins are coming from and who has them. It only makes sure they get where they need to go when people ask to make a transaction. It has less overhead and runs faster as a result of not being a damn botnet.

exactly why i'm laughing you fucking idiot

>not just GPU mining off of a homemade device with a cheap Raspberry Pi motherboard that you carry around in your backpack and plug into available electrical outlets
Topkek at your life.

Bitcoin is pseudonymous. You can buy btc otc and remain user.

I'm the idiot? I'm asking a question as I am relatively new to cryptocurrency, I have never seen a mining machine work in action so Im asking questions. I know its connected to power and uses that power to create coins over time. Can you even add any valuable information or you just a dip selling brainlet?

Monero can be mined on PCs, you can try downloading MinerGate and running it on a Laptop or Desktop computer for minimal gains.

>OTC
>over the counter
you mean offline and for cash, right? Because you're lying to people if you're going to sit here and say you can buy online from an exchange, and remain user. The second you link a credit card anywhere with this stuff you're traceable. Doubly so with exchanges which verify identities.

>steal power from my school

Amazing!

Asking on Veeky Forums doesn't count as 'do your own research'.... If you want to learn there are lots of good resources

Veeky Forums is for memes and shilling coins that are usually shit and sometimes good

Normie gtfo of biz.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BWK, look into that first

I have twenty. Will I make it?

>what's the point of privacy coins
>point of privacy coins
>privacy coins
>privacy

OP is a literal retard.

Yea, I mine XMR but mostly Verge with my 3 gpus. Yea Verge is worth pennies but i've accumulated a few thousands in a couple weeks. Maybe it'll go up who knows.

Hey man, why not? I set up a 3-GPU caseless rig under a desk in the computer lab and told the Pajeet teacher/internship supervisor that it’s for a computer science project lol. Of course I had to pause the mining an hour before the first class started because of the heat. That faggot was disconnecting its power when that happened. Made six bitcoins, but my degenerate ass spent it on drugs.

I have 50 dollars worth of monero on HitBTC for some reason. Is this an exercise in pointlessness? Should I go all in on DOGE instead?

Cause Andrew Anglin and weev from the Daily Stormer and Mike Enoch from TRS endorsed it

> Andrew Anglin
> weev
> Mike Enoch

You know being wealthy attracts all the wrong people, right? Everyone being able to track your prices? Good luck with price negotiations or outbeting your competition.

because why not?

Privacy coins are the only choice for actual currency use.

>holding this shit since august
>finally sell for .026 sats
>immediately goes to .30

JUST

.030 i mean

>ever selling monero
I feel for you dawg

literally the only thing in my portfolio that did absolutely nothing in the normiewave of holidays 2017. I fell for the believe in the tech meme.

It will never do crazy moons but it will be around for a long time.
Its privacy isn't as good as they think by the way