/smg/ - Stock Market General

4 threads in 1 day edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/jim-cramer-blames-a-group-of-complete-morons-for-blowing-up-the-market-2018-02-08
youtube.com/watch?v=SWksEJQEYVU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for SPXS long

if red ID we crash tomorrow

The fact that Veeky Forums is so bearish is making me kinda want to be contrarian.

Everyone thought there was going to be a bloodbath after the xivpocalyspe but instead we got a rebound.

All the indexes are basically 10%. We got our correction that big money was so thirsty for.

How does robinhood not have a webapp yet?

I'm sure CNBC will do away with their normal all-night "Shark Tank" marathon to have live coverage of today and the Asian markets tonight.

Digits decide what the market does tomorrow.

I say DOW to 22K

>Dead cat bounce

Don't know, driving me nuts

*rebound on tuesday i mean

dow down 3028 points tomorrow confirmed

Yeah, I expect to wait another month or so to see if this is an actual shift in the fundamentals of the market.

Right now, rising interest rates are a little unsettling, but I see no other genuine underlying economic issues that would put us in a bear market.

The vast majority of Veeky Forums is here for crypto and has zero financial knowledge.

Watch yourself. If you get in to soon and the decline continues, you will be locked into losing trades.

On days like these, it's sometimes best to give up a little gains as a means of guarding against greater losses.

When I say Veeky Forums I really mean this general. I never venture outside of here. The rest of Veeky Forums is cancer.

You are all aware that tomorrow is Friday right? A Friday after a 1000 point drop in the DOW.

guys so you think apple is worth buying? Looks like you could make some quick money when it swings back up.

+1

+1

I wouldn't be buying much tomorrow, unless I see a deal so wonderful I can't pass it up.

Why? Think of the downward pressures....

1. National news reporting second 1000 point loss in a month, retail investors suddenly looking up the value of their 401k.

2. Margin traders who took losses today will start getting phone calls tomorrow, forcing them to liquidate otherwise good companies, which will give THEM downward pressure.

3. If there is an early-morning rise, people will see it as a last chance to get out while they can, which will force things back down.

4. If it goes down by noon, people will rush to sell rather than risk holding through the weekend.

> Quick
> When

pick one.

I’m gonna continue doing what I’ve been doing and steadily buying the dip. Assuming the crash continues, you can probably pick up a good chunk of Apple over the next few months.

Wouldn’t be a bad bet.

use bluestacks to emulate it on your pc

I'm back in the red on NVDA

I should've sold when I was $500 up. I always get hurt and betrayed by everybody and everything

Penny stocks to look out for if you feel like gambling or pissing away money. Volatile as shit.

NSPR. Went through a reverse split.jumped between 4.00 and 5.00. Pumped to 5.00 in the premarked then dumped to 4.00 again. Pumped back to 5.00 during power hour. Manipulation desu with the low volume. Will more than likely dump again. Could risk it buying that dip and hope the same group pumps it again. No official date for earnings. Last it was scheduled at was 2/16. ER expected to be good.

INPX. Bled 80% over a few days since its reverse split. Saw it jump up and down 50 cents today. Went as low as 2.90. Gonna bleed until news comes and that eta is a few weeks. Keep an eye on this. Would wait a few weeks.

JAGX. In decline but could go up leading to er which May go as low as .11 until then. Reverse split won't happen until march at the least. ER expected next week

BPTH. Another penny stock going through reverse split. Gaining in the AH. Definite dump tomorrow. Wouldn't risk holding it over the weekend. Might be news on monday. Conference on the 12th

What's a good starting amount of money to put into an account to invest?

$10k

BIG FIVE GUY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Play around with a thousand bucks for a few months. Think you're confident and experienced enough afterwards dump in more money with a couple of more gs

First

Big Guys get the last laugh

I've only got 500 I want to spend..what are some good 30 dollar orless stocks?

I'm probably going to day trade Bitcoin when it goes to 5k

I have 3k that I've designated as safe to play with. Went into TVIX with some of it today then pulled out around close. Made 200 bucks.
What do you guys like for tomorrow? I'm a little shaky on this gambling meme of betting on volatility or a slump.
My gut says I briefly look over the futures and SPY then go balls deep into TVIX again.

>only has 500
>is already namefagging
>wants to trade in bitcoin

kill yourself. A noose is a better investment

Brainlet here. What do all these fancy terms and lines mean and what books n shit do you recommend so that I may learn these things in the future.

so, I've burned 40k$ in these days.

I'm trying to make my way through life..all I have is my tulpa..I've read the books..now I want to implement it..I'll stop namefagging tho..

>What do all these fancy terms and lines mean
absolutely nothing

t. idiot

How do I invest in emerging markets as a Canadian?

It feels like we will have some great deals soon.

Think the market is going down?

... DIA puts
... AA puts
... JPM puts

Think the market is going up?
... LMT Calls
... DIA Calls

ishares.com or any other ETF

>my tulpa

Get a job.

Theres nothing wrong with a tulpa user. I have 2 myself

Where are the NAK longs at and how much did you pay? Bought 72 at an average of $2.04 per share

can you buy currency online? I want to buy some euro or beancoins before the dollar goes to the shit tomorrow.

VEE.TO

do u have sex with ur tulpa?

a asking for a f friend...

EVERYTHING IS RISING IN FUTURES

NIKKEI BOUNCING BACK
LETS DO THIS

hey guys, i've always wanted to ask:

your entire portfolio is down 20%. do you:

>sell to cut losses
>buy to redeem losses

let's say you're holding index etfs for example

nikkei was green yesterday too

Time in the market is better than timing the market isn't just a meme user

dead cat bounce lel

>not being smart enough to actually look at charts and analyze how we are in a mini-bubble that was about to burst

be a smarter investor

WHO THE FUCK IS BUYING SNAPCHAT?!?!

THEY LOSE MONEY AT AN INSANE RATE AND ITS STOCK GOES UP 50%?

AMD MAKES A PROFIT FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND IT DROPS?
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MARKET

Spoiler EVERYTHING is being built on speculation and lower than mean returns interest rates

If you are not in cash or gold you deserve to sink with everyone else

It does.

ever hear of a double dip?
well guess what, this was the double

It's not publicly available as of yet

The sooner you figure out the market is rigged and it really doesn't have much to do with the actual companies performance the sooner you can start getting sleep at night

buy high, sell low: the post

Hey thanks for the advice on Robinhood I sent my app I never traded stocks because of the minimum broker deposit and fees

that statement is only like 40% true

how much have you even made off investing?

Doubles don't cruise that far below the other dip.

Snapchat is a safe haven stock friendo

i make a living off of investing.... and no that isn't just investing in common stocks..

I've never seen anyone mention Schwab here when talking about trading.
>no broker necessary
>actual financial institution
>if your account is worth 50k you get 100 free trades
>trades are $5 if not
>fully functional phone app that has Touch ID
Anyone have a Schwab account here?

how much have you made in stock trading? Any neet can literally say they make a living off of trading stocks.

No everyone here is just NEETs larping as millionaires

after all these years? idk man i never actually sat there and calculated it all out. The most i made in one day is $14,000 the most i've ever lost on a trade is $800 but most of my investments aren't in common stock..

I'll add it to the next OP if I make the thread tomorrow.

What should I put for the description like the other brokers listed in the OP?

>idk man I've never counted it
>but I want to trip anyway
>I know what I'm talking about!
>only 14k gain
ok, so you're just a regular joe lmao with an average portfolio lmao

Neat.

Too bad it doesn't really help me because I'm still a sub 25K poor fag who can't day trade.

Nippon get fucked.

i already told you most of my investments are not in common stock. how do you not understand that? i said in this post>i make a living off of investing.... and no that isn't just investing in common stocks..
do you think that buying common stock is the only way of investing?

read it again buddy, i do not make most of my money from common stock.

Dude u gotta realize that the (((FED))) has been rigging the market with QE since the crash of '08. Low interest rates have also made it so that companies use leverage to buy back shares in order to increase the $/share valuation. Most of the gains we've been seeing are all fake. Literally EVERYONE is making money on the stock market. XIV blew up a couple days ago and a lot of people think that this is the dead canary in the coal mine.

The thing is that nobody knows what the fuck outcome keynesian policy will lead us to. That's why everyones on a hairtrigger right now.

A lot of people, including me, want the shit to hit the fan so we can enter the housing and stock market. Unfortunately, (((they))) won't give up control that easily.

What do you make it on?

I don't really worry about Asian market anymore. Most of the time they don't really predict what's going to happen tomorrow.

Like last night they were nice and green and today...well you know.

BOOOYYYYYSSSS
I'M DOWN 40K$

lol Cramer's blitzed and out of his mind.

marketwatch.com/story/jim-cramer-blames-a-group-of-complete-morons-for-blowing-up-the-market-2018-02-08

i make the most between real estate and convertable debentures.

Do you buy actual real estate or just investments in it?

Lol

Exactly this. Doesn't look good desu

Cramer's an idiot for sure but sometimes he has good calls. He called the 2008 crash
youtube.com/watch?v=SWksEJQEYVU

I own rental properties, i've been a landlord for 8 years. My father was a general contractor and my mother is a real estate agent, grandparents on both sides are landlords so real estate is all i've ever known since i was a kid. I got into stocks after real estate...

you only have yourself to blame for your greed

>"mommy and daddy gave me all of my money so take my advice on stock purchases!"

fuck off

Sell Sell Sell! Get out while you still can

ARE WE AT THE BOTTOM YET?
I CAN BUY 50K$ MORE TO COMPENSATE

Forever a wage cuck
Kek Cramer rants make my day

Could this actually happen?

Oi you mong you take that back right now and don’t ever speak to me or my wife’s son ever again
Some of us primarily trade in stocks but also are shameless degenerates that dabble in crypto aswell

Ah, I own 2 homes in Vancouver, live in one rent out the other. Still not enough to live on but it's a nice bonus to the retardedly low wagie wages in this city

literally impossible

No we are having a massive, overdue correction; we will not have a complete crash. Expect DOW to 22Kish range

If we go to war with China or Russia and multiple high yield warheads go off over major cities yes.

Or when the Cascadia subduction zone goes off and sinks half the tech sector into the Pacific.

Circuit breakers. Do you even know the first thing about stocks?

actually no. I worked in construction my whole teenage years and even went on home school to work construction. When i was about 23-24 i realized my dad was just using me and i quit. I worked my ass off and bought property for cheap in 2009 and fixed it up with my experience. I don't even really talk to my dad anymore because i realized he was using me andmy whole family realized this aswell. I have a fucked up back now because of working construction through my teenage years and missed alot of high school things due to working and saving up money.

I'm better off than both my mother and father, my mother lives with my sister because she is horrible with money, by father took out a loan on his house and started a business that is doing horrible. Right before my grandpa died he sold 20mil in appartments and now my grandma is pissing it all away. My other grandparents don't talk to my family anymore because they are just asshole rich snobs.

Just because someone owns real estate and trades stock doesn't mean it was given to them. My parents don't know a fucking thing about investing.

>Still not enough to live on but it's a nice bonus to the retardedly low wagie wages in this city
i feel you, When i had one property alot of people where wondering why i was still working.. its like... uuhhh it really doesn't pay as much as you would think. It is nice making money while you sleep though.

What I want to know is, what is the Big Short guy doing right now?

THE NIKKEI WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE
ITS THE NEW DOW
GO ALL IN ON THE NIKKEI

Seems like not knowing about investing is genetic.

Just kidding man, I think we all have collectively given you a hard on this general. I hope you get a moon mission

He was yet another one hit wonder who just got lucky at the right place and the right time.

Dude is investing in water or some shit

bruh whats a good state to start real estate? I was thinking nebraska or kansas but Northern california looks cheap and profitable